Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2001 6:12:01 PM EDT
Anyone ever waiste there time looking in the back of Guns & Ammo at the ads where they advrotise shit like this:

"OWN YOUR OWN MACHINE GUN!"

"Sold only to adults 18 years and older"

.25 cal for training - Movies - Target Practice - NO LICENSE REQUIRED - SELECT FIRE

They have an add here for both a SILENCED "MP5" (prolly where styre got his, lol) for $350.

A "Thompson" M1A1 for $450.

"Mail orders get 500 free bullets"

Send funds to:

FLASH DISTRIBUTING
28 S Grand Ave
Montrose, CO 81401        970-249-0302

Now umm... wouldn't they be illegal if they really fired, no matter that calibre?

Someone wanna explain this to me??

They have another ad right below this one they're selling handguns.

Full size, accurate (yeah right), Detachable Mags, .25 cal.

Sold to anyone 18 years or older.

They even gotta M16 ASSAULT RILFE for $99 bucks! (LOOK IMBRILO!)

but wtf is with this shit, wouldnt it be illegal??

Or is it blank firing? doesnt say so...

(Don't worry, I'm not stupid enough to even THINK about buying a POS like this...)

Thanks,

Capt.

Edited to change ACP to cal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
^
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
HEY CAPTIAN.  ITS FUNNY, BECAUSE I WAS JUST LOOKING THRU G&A TONIGHT AND THOUGHT I WONDER HOW MANY GUYS ARE TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT.  BE CAREFUL YOU SAID TAHT THEY WERE 25 ACP BUT THEY ONLY SAY 25 CAL WHICH MEANS TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE A GLORIFIED BB GUN.  BUT IT WOULD BE COOL IF THEY WERE THE REAL DEAL. PROBABLY PLASTIC GUNS AND BB's, POS's
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
i have seen these to .25 cal REEL guns. they were like 20 $ each and came with a free CCW permit. my ass
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys, I think if you do the math you'll see that .25 cal is 6mm. That's the same as the air soft guns. Plastic pellets. Either gas guns or battery powered electric. And, yeah the air soft replica guns do cost that much, they are select fire. The cheaper ones, like the handguns for $15.00-$30.00 and the M16 for $99.00, are single shot spring powered guns. They are really very good replicas. And they are somewhat accurate for a toy. They do look and feel like the real thing (except for the orange plastic muzzle). You see these all the time at CA gun shows. Kind of a cool toy. But they are a toy.

And, no, I don't own one, I bought one for my ten year old.

Caveat emptor.

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
heh id like to c some body try to pass the "free ccw" someday lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top