Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/10/2017 8:57:16 PM EDT
What are things coming to? Here I am, 40 years old, and I bought a toy.
Now, I already have a Nerf revolver and single shot pistol set that someone got me as a gift years ago, and I modded them to shoot harder.
Looks like this: 

Found this thing at Walmart for $25 in the discount isle, box was ripped to shreds, no darts, but nothing wrong with the gun.

Damn thing is battery powered and full auto with a 25 dart drum mag!
In my defense my little cousin loves him some Nerf and I figured I'd get one so we could have Nerf battles when I visit.
Who am I kidding? I thought it looked cool and bought it. 

Anyone got Nerf guns and still a kid at heart like me?
Let's see em'.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#1]
that's pretty sweet.

you know what I got today? A signature required notice for a package from the CMP.  Now I have to drive 40 miles one way tomorrow to go pick up a freaking pellet gun.  wtf.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Adam Savage's One Day Builds: Custom NERF Rifle
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
that's pretty sweet.

you know what I got today? A signature required notice for a package from the CMP.  Now I have to drive 40 miles one way tomorrow to go pick up a freaking pellet gun.  wtf.
View Quote

What kind of pellet gun?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Whoa.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What kind of pellet gun?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that's pretty sweet.

What kind of pellet gun?
The kind the CMP sells.  Daisy's Match Grade Avanti 853 Legend

Most impressive is the crowned Lothar Walther barrel. It's precision-bored for .177 match pellets, has 12 lands and grooves, and a right-hand twist. The front sight has interchangeable aperture inserts, and the rear sight is micrometer adjustable. The included sling will also help the shooter steady the rifle. The 853 Legend is so accurate that most shooters will not outgrow the rifle's potential. Although official competition rules do not allow scopes, the rifle has a dovetail scope mount in the diecast receiver in the event you want to use this rifle for shooting other targets or just for fun.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Somewhere in my garage i have that beltfed nerfgun they made almost 10 years ago.

Me and some guys in tech school used to have running nerf battles on our way home down a straight stretch of road, had that thing on a milkcrate and its tripod in the passenger seat
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Somewhere in my garage i have that beltfed nerfgun they made almost 10 years ago.

Me and some guys in tech school used to have running nerf battles on our way home down a straight stretch of road, had that thing on a milkcrate and its tripod in the passenger seat
View Quote

Ok, that's pretty awesome!
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#9]
My son and I have an enormous arsenal of Nerf guns.

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those are really sweet air rifles.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Nice. What is the huge rifle in the middle?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you have a sweet nerfgun.

thought I'd share my youthful news too
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
you have a sweet nerfgun.

thought I'd share my youthful news too
View Quote

You'll put your eye out kid! 
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#14]
My son has a massive arsenal of Nerf guns. We regularly have skirmishes, and once in awhile we will get them all out and have intense, prolonged battles.

You should see the house when we're done.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nice. What is the huge rifle in the middle?
View Quote

Some off brand single shot. You can pump the bolt and it builds pressure. It'll leave nasty marks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Some off brand single shot. You can pump the bolt and it builds pressure. It'll leave nasty marks.
View Quote

That revolver I modded will leave marks too. 
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#17]
We must have a couple of dozen Nerf guns around here. 

My 5 yo and I had a battle after dinner tonight.  Our stuff is stock, but a mix of the regular Nerf, Mega and Rival series.  When a Mega whistle dart comes flying past your head it really makes you want to deass the area. 
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My 5 yo and I had a battle after dinner tonight.  Our stuff is stock, but a mix of the regular Nerf, Mega and Rival series.  When a Mega whistle dart comes flying past your head it really makes you want to deass the area. 
View Quote

My little cousin has the Mega sniper rifle, you ain't kidding.

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#19]
My local Goodwill has TONS of NERF guns. $6 or so for $40+ guns when theyre new. Got 200 Nerf Elite darts for $8 on Amazon. So I think I spent  $50 for several guns and 200 darts. Son and friends love it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:06:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought a few at a yard sale a few years ago.  Now I have about twenty.  I justify them by assuming when my newborn daughter grows up she will enjoy them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:07:06 AM EDT
[#21]
But you know what?  Fuck it... they shoot projectiles and are fun to fuck around with in the house.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:44:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My little cousin has the Mega sniper rifle, you ain't kidding.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/AUTOIMAGES/HNRA3700lg.jpg
View Quote

I have that one too.  And the pump action. 

That sniper rifle makes a heck of a noise when the bolt cycles. 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:49:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I have 8 nieces and nephews, I probably own more nerf guns than real guns
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:51:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have that one too.  And the pump action. 

That sniper rifle makes a heck of a noise when the bolt cycles. 
View Quote

"clack-clack"! Pfft.....reeeeeeeeeee! 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:52:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
At present, my son insists on a no-MEGA rule for our battles.

But there's nothing for range (at least, in stock form) like the Rival series, holy shit.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:55:35 AM EDT
[#26]
I prefer my modified full auto bug assault
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:56:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
At present, my son insists on a no-MEGA rule for our battles.

But there's nothing for range (at least, in stock form) like the Rival series, holy shit.
View Quote

The Rival guns shoot foam balls right?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#28]
We have a whole arsenal in the basement. As soon as i walk in the door.

"Daddy can we have a nerf war in the basement?"
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:04:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The Rival guns shoot foam balls right?
View Quote
Yes, dimpled foam balls, and they put a backspin on them, so they generate sufficient lift as they go through the air to have a VERY flat trajectory.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:11:41 AM EDT
[#31]
They're really cool and really expensive.

The ammunition for them is more than ammo for  my AR lol.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:11:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Magazine fed nerf guns are the worst. You want a 5 or 6 shot revolver. The hammerstrike is the best in my opinion.

The problem is, once your magazine is empty, you're stuck trying to reload it from the darts you find on the ground around you. Meanwhile, a properly equipped nerf warrior with a revolver just shoves the first darts he or she can find into the front of the gun and stays in the fight.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:15:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Magazine fed nerf guns are the worst. You want a 5 or 6 shot revolver. The hammerstrike is the best in my opinion.

The problem is, once your magazine is empty, you're stuck trying to reload it from the darts you find on the ground around you. Meanwhile, a properly equipped nerf warrior with a revolver just shoves the first darts he or she can find into the front of the gun and stays in the fight.
View Quote
Or, you carry extra mags and fuck everyone's world all over again.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:17:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PeYxyWurZe4/TTYjc7p7vaI/AAAAAAAAAAU/gkAELVNtWT4/s1600/mav.jpg
Anyone got Nerf guns and still a kid at heart like me?
View Quote
Not going to lie, my wife and I occasionally bust out our NERF guns and get our war on.... I have that exact one
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:32:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah WTF, would you pick a revolver over an AR? 

My Rival has a mount on top for a spare mag, just takes a second to swap.  Granted it blocks the sights, but that is not the point. 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:52:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Most impressive is the crowned Lothar Walther barrel. It's precision-bored for .177 match pellets, has 12 lands and grooves, and a right-hand twist. The front sight has interchangeable aperture inserts, and the rear sight is micrometer adjustable. The included sling will also help the shooter steady the rifle. The 853 Legend is so accurate that most shooters will not outgrow the rifle's potential. Although official competition rules do not allow scopes, the rifle has a dovetail scope mount in the diecast receiver in the event you want to use this rifle for shooting other targets or just for fun.
View Quote
I've had a lot of fun with mine.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:53:01 AM EDT
[#38]

Kinda like the Steampunk look.

I'll probably paint mine at some point.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:59:28 AM EDT
[#39]
I bought one of these to shoot boxelders and ladybugs off my projector screen.. actually pretty accurate, even upgraded to the lipo battery

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:02:51 AM EDT
[#40]
My family needs to upgrade our arsenal. We tried to have a nerf battle last Christmas but the 90s team was out. No arrows for the bow (cat ate them) the ballzooka was broken and the whiptail scorpian always sucked.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Visited my little cousin today to show him my new nerf gun. He was impressed. 

But he has one of these:

It's really cool and hits hard. I want one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Bought a couple Nerf Elite Triad pistols yesterday.  I have two sons (2 and 4).  Figured that it was a good way for them to start learning to shoot.  I actually bought a couple CMP Daisy 853s a few years ago for this purpose, but it will still be awhile before they can use those.  So far, my 4 year old has only shot himself in the face once ; I guess that I failed at teaching safe gun handling practices.  I'm pretty impressed with these things.  

What is a good smg style blaster to buy?  Aftermarket support for mods would be a plus; you know, to teach my sons gunsmithing skills...
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#43]
I buy them on clearance, they can be a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#44]

Im totally doing that for my little guy when he gets older!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#45]
You want a hard hitting Nerf gun?  Get the Rotofury.  10 round pump action that shoots the big darts farther than any other gun I have.

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Bought a couple Nerf Elite Triad pistols yesterday.  I have two sons (2 and 4).  Figured that it was a good way for them to start learning to shoot.  I actually bought a couple CMP Daisy 853s a few years ago for this purpose, but it will still be awhile before they can use those.  So far, my 4 year old has only shot himself in the face once ; I guess that I failed at teaching safe gun handling practices.  I'm pretty impressed with these things.  

What is a good smg style blaster to buy?  Aftermarket support for mods would be a plus; you know, to teach my sons gunsmithing skills...
View Quote

I've been looking at a few reviews.

The Nerf N-Strike Elite Retaliator is a nice, spring powered, blaster. Even though it's not semi or full auto, you have to rack the slide for each shot.
Can usually find them for under $30.
It comes with a removable barrel, stock, and forward grip and can fit the nerf rail accessories.
It can be a pistol, smg, or rifle. 
After market upgrades and mods are available too, not too hard to install, no batteries or wiring to deal with.

The Nerf Stryfe is a battery powered, semi-auto version of the Retaliator. It can use the same N-Strike barrels, stocks, and accessoires.
There's mods available for it too, but way more difficult and involved than a spring powered blaster, like rewiring, voltage increase with LiPo batteries, and motor replacement.

There's also the Rapidstrike CS-18 that's a battery powered, flywheel style, semi-auto blaster. Other nerf N-Strike barrels/accessories can be attached to it and it has a collapsible stock. Mods are also available.

And the one I have, the Hyperfire Elite. It's also a battery powered flywheel blaster, but it's full auto only.
Has no attachment points for barrels or stocks, but does have a top rail for accessories.
Mods available are about the same as the Rapidstrike.

This site has the mod kits: Nerf Mods
Some of the simpler mods don't need special kits, like air restrictor removal, lot's of tutorials on-line for those.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I bought one of these to shoot boxelders and ladybugs off my projector screen.. actually pretty accurate, even upgraded to the lipo battery

http://i.imgur.com/P25tiA9.jpg
View Quote

My youngest daughter and I each bought a Khaos rifle. They are fun.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#48]
My nephews have quite the Nerf gun arsenal, I have been known to partake in them.

Also, when your wife says "I dare you" when you have the belt fed one pointed at her face..............it's not really a dare
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#49]
I looked at a belt fed full auto one at Toysrus this weekend for my great nephews birthday. The cyclic  rate was 25 rounds in 20 seconds. Not too bad.

I have the revolver one at my house.

How did you hop it up?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Just buy a  .25, cheaper and nobody gets hurt.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top