Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2001 1:32:35 PM EDT
I was thinking about a couple guns today and was wondering where there are.  

The first gun is Wyatt Earp's six shooter.  I'm guessing he carried a Colt SAA. Anyone know what caliber and where it presently resides?

The second gun I was thinking of was the pistol used to assassinate Archduke Ferdinand that started World War I.  Again, does anyone know the make/model/caliber of the weapon and where it presently resides?

Please feel free to add to my small list of famous guns in history.

Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Please excuse the wrong "there" in the thread title.  And I'm majoring in mass communication.....[V]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Everyone here is well aware of the firearms I own.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe the weapon used in the assasination was an FN model 00 7.65 pistol.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah anybody know where the Secret Service AR-15 is that killed JFK?  Good luck
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah anybody know where the Secret Service AR-15 is that killed JFK?  Good luck
View Quote

yeah they used hollow points to eliminate any possability of reconstruction..
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#6]
dont know about the other two but the 1911 that was pulled on ford is in the greald r ford museum in grand rapids michigan
its a nice looking piece too.  dont bother going there its the biggest waste of 6.00 you can think of
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The second gun I was thinking of was the pistol used to assassinate Archduke Ferdinand that started World War I.  Again, does anyone know the make/model/caliber of the weapon and where it presently resides?
View Quote

I dunno, but I do remember that there was a thing about that gun on one of the History Channel's "Lost and Found" shows.

I figure that gun would get over 2.5mil if ever auctioned.  Out of my league by about 2.4999mil.

[Edited because I can't write a legible sentence.]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]
How about General Patton's pair of pearl handle .357 revolvers.  BTW, were those S&W M27's?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Couple of points:
1. I saw an article (I think in National Geographic) about a year or so ago, about the men who killed the Archduke.  I seem to remember something about the gun being on display in some Balkan mueseum, where the killers are still national heros.

2.  Wyatt Earp susposedly lost his Buntline Special over the side of a ship on the way to Alaska.  He used many guns in his life, so there is no "one" Earp gun.

3.  General Patton's two most famous guns were a S&W registered model 27, .357 magnum, and a Colt Single Action Army, .45 Colt.  I think they are on display at the Patton Mueseum at Fort Knox.

4. General Patton's Guns had IVORY grips.  He once famously said: "The only "man" who would carry a pearl handled pistol, is a pimp in a New Orleans whore house".
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I understand that the 3 Browning 1910's used(cal 380?)in the Archduke Ferdinand assasination were in an Austrian museum till 1945, when they were liberated by American GI's.  The serial numbers are on the net, and the guns are probably floaating around the US somewhere.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top