Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2001 12:41:59 PM EDT
I saw a unusual cleaning kit at the surplus store today.  It was a fold up dark canvas pouch. It had a pull thru with white cotton string.  The brush has plastic bristles on each end and wire ones in the middle.  Came with two other brushes one for cleaning out a gas tube maybe and one additional platic bristled pull thru brush.  Also has a small long clear oil bottle.  A combo tool of some kind with several notches and a sharp point maybe a can opener.  Looks like it may be a 308 caliber kit but I dont know.  I may buy one in a couple of days and will try to post a pic.  Any ideas of the caliber and what use it was intended.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Did the pouch have a metal "tobacco" can that everything fit into?  It kinda sounds like a German AK-47 cleaning kit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]
No metal tin on this one.  It was a light weight canvas pouch where the top just folded over the pouch.  The guy said it came out of some U.S. military base in South Carolina.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top