Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2001 2:32:21 PM EDT
I came across a preban Colt AR15 sporter with an Hbar, serial # 241xxx. The place of business has checked on it to make sure it's a preban. It has a muzzle brake that looks like a flash hider which hasn't been soldered or pinned. He told me he would let me have it for $1200. It is in good shape 90-95% finish.
Is this a good buy for a sporter?
Input please, as it's not going to be there long and I am considering putting it on layaway until I get my tax money back.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's the link to the Colt serial number list off the old site main page:

http://www.ar15.com/legal/serialNumberList.asp
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Check to see if it has the lower receiver block and the odd size pins for the fire control group and/or take down pins.  For another $100 bucks or so you can get an Eagle Arms or Bush and everything will be standard.  I have a pre-B Colt and it's OK, just a pain in the arse because it won't except my other uppers and has to have the extra cost triggers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Need more info. Is the receiver marked Colt AR-15 A2 Sporter II? What is the two letter code preceding the SN? Any accessories with it? How many and what type of mags?  

If it's a blue label without a receiver block it's an good price depending on where you are located.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top