Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/2/2001 9:45:19 AM EDT
any female members? someone who doesn't want to talk about killing cats?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I did read a gay guys stuff. does he count?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#2]
oh lord, what did i start?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I like cats.Likethe squirrels and bunnys better though.My wife was bit by a stray.I gave him his rabies shot.Just couldn't have him around my two little boys.Some of these people are a little out of line.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#4]
yea,there is females here.

Don't know where miss magnum is,by her name I figure she is a female,and a girl by the name of angie1 or something like that......

so your steyr aug's girlfriend,right?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#5]
fiance, wedding is in june.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#6]
No...There are lots of members here who are not into killing cats. Everyone is welcome here.  We don't have a preference in gender. Miss Magnum and ARLady are also here.  This is a General Discussion forum so everything and anything go.  Don't let these posts upset you.  Read around the interesting ones, joint in if you want and avoid the bad ones.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you sure you wanna take the plunge with a guy who would post a picture of you here, with all of us over testosteroned, underloved gun nuts? [:)]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I for one love to see women intererested in the shooting sports.  AR_Rifle is right, read around the "killing cats" and read what interests you, and bring some friends.

Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are you sure you wanna take the plunge with a guy who would post a picture of you here, with all of us over testosteroned, underloved gun nuts? [:)]
View Quote

he's done worse. and i've put up with him this long.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I for one love to see women intererested in the shooting sports.  AR_Rifle is right, read around the "killing cats" and read what interests you, and bring some friends.

View Quote

don't really shoot for sport. i haven't gone hunting since high school, just not interested, and i only carry for personal defense. i only get to the range about once a month for practice. i'm such a loser, i should go more i get free time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
i'm such a loser
View Quote

I was wondering why such a lovely lady would pick someone like Styr. It's low self esteem, huh? You poor dear. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

[size=6][red]RUN!!!!  RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!![/red][/size=6]

Seriously though, congradulations and best wishes!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#14]
no women here...just one giant sausage party!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was wondering why such a lovely lady would pick someone like Styr. It's low self esteem, huh? You poor dear. [;)]
View Quote

actually, i could do much worse. feel sorry for your wife if you must pity someone. i've know losts of really good guys, i kept the best one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm guessing the humor of critter's post escaped you?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#17]
i was joking too. i don't know how to make the happy face thing on the end. sorry if i sounded mean.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#18]
how do i make the happy faces so i don't look like a bitch?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

actually, i could do much worse. feel sorry for your wife if you must pity someone. i've know losts of really good guys, i kept the best one.
View Quote

Meanie! [:p]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#20]
how do you do that?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
how do i make the happy faces so i don't look like a bitch?
View Quote

When you are on the reply page, at the bottom of the reply text box, you'll see a link to "Icon Legend". Click on that and a pop up window will show you all the faces and code to make them. There is also an "Animations Legend" if you want to post small animations.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:28:58 AM EDT
[#23]
[sniper][:)][uzi]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#24]
that's me in the middle, well covered.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
[sniper][:)][uzi]
View Quote

Got you surrounded! [:D]
[uzi] [sniper][:)][uzi] [heavy]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#26]
ok, gotta go buy some filets and rent some videos. don't say anything bad about me while i'm gone.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

[uzi] [sniper][:)][uzi] [sniper]
View Quote

sorry, our support team is cloaked and should be on you about....well it was nice talkin to you.[:O]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm not going to say anything about that last statement...   [:D]

Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Cool, a nice lady to join us, and she's witty too...  wedding coming up, and we all know what steyraug is thinking about....

[sex]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Good thing you mentioned the fience, or a lot of the horn-dogs here would be spending a lot of time trying to[sex]you.

Welcome to AR15.com, a truly awesome place to discuss firearms. The finest firearms page the internet has ever known!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[uzi] [sniper][:)][uzi] [sniper]
View Quote

sorry, our support team is cloaked and should be on you about....well it was nice talkin to you.[:O]
View Quote

[heavy][uzi][sniper][:)][uzi][heavy][uzi]

You don't think I'd leave my back uncovered now, do you?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure you wanna take the plunge with a guy who would post a picture of you here, with all of us over testosteroned, underloved gun nuts?
View Quote

What is the deal with this unnatural fear of having your picture posted on this site (providing it is not obscene)? Do most members here pull a jacket over their heads when they see a camera or stick their hand in front of the lens? I'd like it better if membership required your picture posted above your home address. It would certainly cut down on the Troll action.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#33]
I say to heck with marriage traditions. Instead of giving SteyrAug a present, he has enough guns to bless a good many here with one[:D]
Congrats on your upcoming wedding Steyrgirl.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Congratulations Steyrgirl!!  Mine is in October.  Too bad that you don't get to play more often.  I know the feeling, but luckily my guy takes me hunting quite often.  My fiance says that there are good and bad points to having a girlfriend so into guns.  Don't you like how we know exactly what their toys are worth!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#35]
hey another girl! actually i just don't like hunting, too much walking, dirt and such. i do enjoy shooting but not to the extent of some here. i've got a few cool firearms of my own. i think i should get a new one as a wedding present. what should i get? what is a good one? not a handgun, i have more than i need. what is a good carbine?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Jeeze,

We're on the AR-15.com web sight.

The logo is a cool looking CAR/M4 crbine.

I don't know. Can't think of a thing that would qualify as a good carbine.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
hey another girl! actually i just don't like hunting, too much walking, dirt and such. i do enjoy shooting but not to the extent of some here. i've got a few cool firearms of my own. i think i should get a new one as a wedding present. what should i get? what is a good one? not a handgun, i have more than i need. what is a good carbine?
View Quote

An excellent choice would be the LEGP carbine by RRA. See the Limited edition forum for details.

And Steyrgirl, welcome(back)to AR15.com, and congrats on the wedding. Both you and AUG-man seem to be pretty cool people.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#38]
sorry some background is in order. i have the following:

mp5a4
car15a2
ak74 side folder
uzi45carbine
m1 carbine

i prefer carbines to high powered rifles because of the lesser recoil and weight. what is a nice handy carbine that i don't have?

hey, i just figured out how to edit, neat. anyway no heavy cannons please. i only weigh 124 lbs. so fals,etc are not high on my list. i've shot them but they are too heavy to carry.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#39]
I say weclome to you.

I find it delightful that the members of the fairer sex have taken an interest in the historically rich undertaking of firearms ownership.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't need a new one... Just take steyraug's guns!!! He has plenty!!! [;)]
They are practically YOURS now or at lease in a few months... if he won't give them to you give him a good [spank]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I would like a pre-ban AR 'cause I already have a post-ban.  Got plenty of other long guns and handguns also.  We are planning to honeymoon in Las Vegas and my fiance is going to see if we can go to that machine gun place to play around while we are there.(Sorry, forget the name of it.)  My problem is that I have been around guns so much (since I was born) that what ever I want to play with, I just take it out of the back and then bring it back.  The owner of Cheaper Than Dirt is a good friend of ours and I gave him the idea to start a bridal registry at CTD.  He said that he was going to look into it.  I would like to get a semi-sporterized Mauser 8mm to plink around with.  What do you enjoy taking to the range?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#42]
i've been doing that. he finally caught on and started buying me my own. most of his are heavy high powered ones. i need one for me.[:)]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good thing you mentioned the fience, or a lot of the horn-dogs here would be spending a lot of time trying to[sex]you.

Welcome to AR15.com, a truly awesome place to discuss firearms. The finest firearms page the internet has ever known!
View Quote

omg, that is too funny. i missed this earlier. actually i was a little afraid to come here after the picture thing last time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What do you enjoy taking to the range?
View Quote

mp5, my buddy. out of all the wives and girlfriends i qualified with the best time. i even beat the time of a few guys on the base. did the mp5 course(20 targets over 100 yards) in under 5 mins.

just noticed how that read. the course is 20 targets on a 100 yard stretch of land, not 20 targets 100 yards away.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Someone post those famous pics, I never saw them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
We are planning to honeymoon in Las Vegas and my fiance is going to see if we can go to that machine gun place to play around while we are there.(Sorry, forget the name of it.)
View Quote

Front Site, and their submachinegun course is awesome.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey Steyrgirl,
How about your namesake and get an AUG (the actual gun, you already got AUG the guy) or maybe the new FN P90.  That last one is a little more than an MP5 and you have to import the ammo.  Or you could get a G36.  Just a suggestion.
Ice
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#48]
the aug is ok, but i prefer open sights to optics. i've never seen a p90, are there any that were imported? also i cannot own a g36 and i'd rather have the .45 one but i can own that either.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Welcome StyerGirl!

There's actually a number of women on the site.  Miss Magnum and ARLady are 2 of the most prolific posters.  Its hard to list us all.  

In terms of a wedding present, tell StyerAUG that you want just that:  a Styer AUG.  Light, handy and with quick change barrels for different uses.  It feels different from the AR or the MP-5, but isn't that the point of having different guns?

By the way, congratulations on your skill with the MP-5.  Don't you just love the look on their faces when some cute young thing outshoots the big, macho type?  (It is especiall satisfying when the macho type was giving the "little lady" speech beforehand.)

Welcome and best wishes on the wedding!

Valkyrie2001
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#50]
No class 3 ffl, dang it all, go to the gunstore and look at the SL8-1(politcally correct g36) or the USC(pc SMGII or UMP, take your pick), and if you can't own the others then an FN P90 is out also. And I thought I was the only person with out a class 3.  I got a M17s from Bushmaster which is nice, but you have to polish some pieces in the trigger group so it is nice [:D].  Got a buddy with the P90 and he loves it, think [sex] with his weapon [x:*], but that is TMI so good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top