Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/12/2017 10:37:05 AM EDT
I have the phones for the business today. Ask away.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#1]
what would you say has been your most unusual transaction? what`s the most dangerous?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what would you say has been your most unusual transaction? what`s the most dangerous?
View Quote

Unusual almost always involves strippers. Took $2,000 in singles once. The next day I researched those machines at the bank that count money.
Had one guy walk home in the middle of an ice storm (-20 snowing and just generally life threatening) he didn't want a ride, I offered him one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#4]
How exactly does your buisness work? A lot of us have never been locked up before, so forgive me for a stupid question. What type of collateral do you get? How quickly do the people get their money? Do you just call the jail and say "ill pay for Jim to get out" or do the people requesting the money have to physically take it over to the jail?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
View Quote

No. But I have seen a grown man naked. I ask everyone here.  If you skip bond... sleep with underwear on.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you have a mullet?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Is it nice living in Hawaii?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Emotionally, what was the most difficult person you bail out?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#9]
How many 'Bounty Hunters' do you employ?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you have a fu-Manchu ?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is it nice living in Hawaii?
View Quote

Are you a felon and have to use paint-ball guns instead of firearms?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Biggest bond you ever posted?

What was the collateral?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#13]
What is the name of your baseball team??
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Do you call people brah ?  Brah
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#16]
How many three way calls do you average a day?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Have you ever been stuck and had to get shots?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How exactly does your buisness work? A lot of us have never been locked up before, so forgive me for a stupid question. What type of collateral do you get? How quickly do the people get their money? Do you just call the jail and say "ill pay for Jim to get out" or do the people requesting the money have to physically take it over to the jail?
View Quote

say you get arrested the judge (or the cops) set your bond.  for the sake of discussion lets say $10K (nice round number)  Your loved ones can take $10k to the jail (more likely the court, deputies don't like holding that much) and get you out with the understanding that that money will be returned as long as you make your court dates.  Most people don't have 10k chilling around at home so they call me.  i charge the $1000 and give the jail a POA (basically and IOU) saying that I will cut the courts a check for 10k if my client doesn't show up for court.  As long as johnny felon goes to court, his family will not owe me another penny.  if he misses they are liable for the full amount ($10,000) and any expenses to get him into the jail.  If we get him back in the jail, they are liable for expenses incurred to get him in the jail (in this case we charge a minimum of $1000)  

Once he misses court the judge sends us a forfeiture notice (our warrant if you would) and we have 35-65 days to make him appear.  Then we have to cut a check.  
We can enter the inmates house and the cosigners house, with or without their permission.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do you have a mullet?
View Quote

nah bro.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Emotionally, what was the most difficult person you bail out?  
View Quote

The domestic violence cases can be difficult sometimes.
I flat out refuse to bond out the following.  resisting arrest that leads to injury of the officer (LEO family, let's not make xmas dinner any more difficult), pet abuse, and child abuse is not likely either (depends on the circumstances I can get out of the family)
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How many 'Bounty Hunters' do you employ?
View Quote

Myself, my boss, and this other guy.  the three of us make a good team.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are you a felon and have to use paint-ball guns instead of firearms?  
View Quote

lol no.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Biggest bond you ever posted?

What was the collateral?
View Quote

we did a 100k once with no cosigner.  Local businessman with strong ties to the community.  He took care of his business just fine.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#24]
What model paintball gun do you carry?

ETA - damn missed that one
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#25]
"As long as johnny felon goes to court....."

But you keep the $1k, right?  If they had the $10k, they'd get it back if Johnny plays nice.  Since they don't, they're buying Johnny's release, with no refund, correct?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Do bail bonding companies have outside or passive Investers?

Is it a good business?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

no,  thank god.

Quoted:
How many three way calls do you average a day?  

ehhhhh.  I hate those.  on average 4.  
"hang on, hang on.  MARCELL!!!  YOU ON WIT DA BONSMAN."
"how you doin sir,  this is just a big misunderstanin ya see,  thoey wasnt mah pants."

I'm gonna stroke out on the phone with them one day.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
"As long as johnny felon goes to court....."

But you keep the $1k, right?  If they had the $10k, they'd get it back if Johnny plays nice.  Since they don't, they're buying Johnny's release, with no refund, correct?
View Quote

correct.  That 1k is mine forever
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#29]
What's it like to live in the shadow of dog the bounty hunter?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#30]
How often to you get offered blowjobs for bailouts?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Is it a good business?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is it a good business?

Some do, I would stay clear from those, partnerships or outside investing can lead to headaches.  
It's not bad.  So long as you don't write shitty bail, you will be ok.  And what I mean by shitty bail is that a lot of companies see the money up front and have no concern for how difficult it is to find them or to recover the money from the family.  An example would be  Johnny Felon lives in florida and got caught in detroit slinging crack >50grams.  His bond is 50k.  His family lives in a one bedroom apartment, drives a 97 buick and has not seen him in 2 years.  We would normally say "F that" others would say "Sign here"

Quoted:
How often to you get offered blowjobs for bailouts?

not as often as you would think.  The last time was from a dude...  ewwww
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What's it like to live in the shadow of dog the bounty hunter?
View Quote

doesn't bother me, he is the face of bail bonds, good or bad.  His wife beth is the head of the PBUS (our lobbyist organization) she is doing some great work fighting the anti bail lobbyists, I just wish she had more success.   They are in vegas (with my boss) at the annual conference/get drunk off your ass.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Does your company do immigration bonds too?

If so, can you explain a bit about those?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#34]
what part of the country are you in?

what's the racial breakdown of your customer base?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Does your company do immigration bonds too?

If so, can you explain a bit about those?
View Quote

nope,  don't know a thing about them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Do you arrest your own wanted persons or do you try to have law enforcement do it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Do you arrest your own wanted persons or do you try to have law enforcement do it?

Both.  if I can I do it myself, but if the situation requires me to hand it off to the cops I do it.  No quicker way to piss of the Local cops than make them do your work.  they also happen to be the ones that refer clients to bonds companies, so we try to keep them happy
Quoted:

Metro Detroit.
75% AA 25% white.   0.000001% Asian
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3_SZ2-dCq3g/UCSKKV0ozwI/AAAAAAAAEmE/mmNM_vDPWQM/s1600/carnak.jpg
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#40]
In your career how many bonds have you done (approximately)

How many have you had to talk them into coming in that skipped.

How many have you have to chase?

How short was the shortest chase?

How long was the longest chase?

Ever had to write the check to the court?

Who actually pays the bond to the court, you or the owner of the bone company?

Ever been in a shootout with a jumper?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#41]
i will tell you about the most thuggish thing I have ever said to another person over the phone.
We had a young dumbass miss court and go on the lamb with his gf.   Through our network of CIs we found out that he was living in an RV behind his uncle's house.  Cool, we should go get him... wrong.  Every single one of our CIs told us that his uncle is gonna shoot us if we go there.
Come to find out the uncle is a parole absconder that is looking at 20yrs if caught.  
So we agreed not to go to the house (mainly because I like being alive)
So we call the uncle, I have him on speakerphone with my boss listening.
"hey its sig20229mm with the bail bonds company, we are looking for your nephew."

"haven't seen him."  CLICK.

Call him back, "he has been staying behind your barn in your old rv, you need to talk with me about this or you could get involved in this matter."
"What do you want?" says the absonding felon uncle.  
"we want him, we have no interest in you, if you help we will not send the cops to you."  I said.  
"well if you did it would suicide by cop."  He said.
"And I'm ok with that."  My boss punches me in the arm. and leaves the room, thinking that I just ruined it.   Nope, he set him up, gave him a fake bus ticket and we walked into the bus station and picked him up.  

My boss was like, "You told him you were ok with him dying, wtf man?!?!?"  
"yeah, so?"  

His uncle turned himself in later, he had to take care of some family issues and just needed time to take care of it.  

I look back at this every time i negotiate with someone, if you have leverage, they will fold.  
I have used that knowledge to get some people to tell me where someone is.  People (even family) will fold the second they get lumped up into it, so its best to get them lumped as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Have you ever had to draw a weapon while re-arresting a "client"?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In your career how many bonds have you done (approximately)

How many have you had to talk them into coming in that skipped.

How many have you have to chase?

How short was the shortest chase?

How long was the longest chase?

Ever had to write the check to the court?

Who actually pays the bond to the court, you or the owner of the bone company?

Ever been in a shootout with a jumper?
View Quote

Somewhere around 300.  I just recently left my full time gig to do this.  So most of that was part timing it.  

I have had people walk into my office and say "let's take care of this"  if they do, we almost always bond them out again (if they were cool about it and family was willing)

Had to chase a few.  Most (98%) of our clients go to court without issue.  Some miss court for good reasons (sick kid, car wouldn't start, etc.  We try to help those ones out if they communicate with us)  Most just walk to the door and ask for a cigarette or phone call before we cart them off to jail  (we like these guys, i will let them use the phone all the way to the jail, stop for taco bell, whatever it takes so I don't have to get physical with them)
Then we have the dumbasses.  I had one take of running (I'm a big dude and he was 19 and vibrant)  I had no chance in hell catching him.  So my partner yelled out "Stop or I'll shoot you"  Hands went up and he stopped.  My partner didn't even have a gun.  It was a hurry up, he was just spotted here kind of thing and he was on the way to the beach (no gun on him)

Had one guy go down to KY (we can't legally go there after them)  he came back the day before we had to cut a check to the judge.  why? I don't know.

We have never had to write a check to the court (knock on wood)
The company would pay it, not I   I have zero liability.  

I have never been in a shootout with a jumper, I hope to never do that.   One local company had a jumper hit one of their crew with an SUV a year ago.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

say you get arrested the judge (or the cops) set your bond.  for the sake of discussion lets say $10K (nice round number)  Your loved ones can take $10k to the jail (more likely the court, deputies don't like holding that much) and get you out with the understanding that that money will be returned as long as you make your court dates.  Most people don't have 10k chilling around at home so they call me.  i charge the $1000 and give the jail a POA (basically and IOU) saying that I will cut the courts a check for 10k if my client doesn't show up for court.  As long as johnny felon goes to court, his family will not owe me another penny.  if he misses they are liable for the full amount ($10,000) and any expenses to get him into the jail.  If we get him back in the jail, they are liable for expenses incurred to get him in the jail (in this case we charge a minimum of $1000)  

Once he misses court the judge sends us a forfeiture notice (our warrant if you would) and we have 35-65 days to make him appear.  Then we have to cut a check.  
We can enter the inmates house and the cosigners house, with or without their permission.
View Quote

How do you go about getting the money from them if they skip out and how often do people skip out?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Have you ever had to draw a weapon while re-arresting a "client"?
View Quote

A few times.  We were sitting in the truck, trying to figure out how to get into Ft. knox (house with bars on window and doors)  
Out comes 16 year old brother with garbage bag in hand, he's taking the trash out and left the door open.  I tell my partner to run to the door and keep that open, I will keep an eye on the garbage boy.  As my partner is running up to the house I put my light on the guy and tell him we are here for his sister and to keep his hands were we could see them (had not drawn at this point) he says ok and dives his hand into his pocket, says he has a gun.  I pull  mine out and go low ready with it.  My partner comes to a screaching halt ( I could hear his shoes squeking, he pulls his gun) and we have a little standoff.  
I tell the kid that if he moves I will shoot him in his head.  he says he doesn't want that.  I have him turn around and get belly down.  he does.  i walk up and grab his arm, make sure his hand is empty.  grab his gun and toss it on the roof.  we go inside and arrest his sister, I went home and changed my pants.

had one other time where a guy was not listening to our commands and was opening cabinets (high on drugs) He was making me anxious and I just drew my gun and had it by my side, he stopped.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

How do you go about getting the money from them if they skip out and how often do people skip out?
View Quote

We can garnish state taxes, garnish income, and seize property.  The signers sign a general POA that says we can repossess any of their belongings.  I explain it that we can come into their house and take the TV off the wall or the keys to their car and drive off.  
It tends to cut the people that know they will skip out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I arrested/assisted about 75 skips/yr when I hunted.

Got any bad bonds in the PNW?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Would you recommend getting in to the business to a friend, or tell them to stay out of it? (Assume they aren't your competition)

Are there owners who contract out the bounty hunting piece and simply own the business? (Collect the money and pay others to do the dirty work?)
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Both.  if I can I do it myself, but if the situation requires me to hand it off to the cops I do it.  No quicker way to piss of the Local cops than make them do your work.  they also happen to be the ones that refer clients to bonds companies, so we try to keep them happy

Metro Detroit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Metro Detroit.

I used to work downtown (.gov job). Pre "hip-hop mayor" (he's now in prison).

IIRC, Detroit has a 50% literacy rate.   That means at least half the people OP meets can't read (I'm guessing among his particular "clients" it's even higher).
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I arrested/assisted about 75 skips/yr when I hunted.

Got any bad bonds in the PNW?
View Quote

goddamn...  That's a nice job.  

Nope, non out of state.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top