Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2001 8:42:53 AM EDT
If you had $20 million to spare, would you spend it on a vacation in space?

I can think of much worse ways to burn that sort of money...
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes I would!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Nut! For 1 million I can have a much better vacation here on earth. At least I don't have those Russians staring at me like I am their girlfriend or something.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#3]
If had had that much to burn.Yes in a heart beat.Actually a lot of heart beats,pretty exciting on lift off I bet.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#4]
If money were no object...You damn right I'd go. woohoo [8D]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#5]
If I had the money YES.

Not only because it would be something I would love to do, but I would easily make my money back when I return to Earth with all the commercials and air time.

I bet this guy will make more than $20 million appearing on different shows world wide as well as commercials.

Plus think of all pussy he will get. You can’t put a price on that! (well, yes you can but you would get arrested)

Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Yea but not the commi ride!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#7]
He's a billionaire, so 20 mil is a monthly interest payment to him. I can't wait for those tourist psudo-space shuttles that will offer a couple orbits in space for an estimated 15 to 20 grand. You can officially say that you've traveled in space but for 19.99 million less.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone else find humor in the fact that the Russians, who a few decades ago were communists, are now selling space tours to millionaires while NASA, supported by our tax dollars from the land of the free, is giving the first space tourist a cold shoulder?  

I think it would be great if all the unemployed Russian rocket scientists could stay busy lobbing tycoons into orbit instead of helping the Iraqis and the North Koreans with their missile programs.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Ya want to kanow whats really sad...Assuming Bill Gates is Worth 20 Billion (assuming slow stock market) he could make that trip to space 20 THOUSAND TIMES!!!!!!  must be rough to have that kind of ching
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#10]
If I were as rich as him, I would have done it too.  Hell, if I were as rich as him, I would have set up my own space program.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Plus think of all pussy he will get. You can’t put a price on that! (well, yes you can but you would get arrested)
View Quote

that and the subject of a space vacation [b]combined[/b] is one of my favorite fantasys, can you imagine what it be like spacef@cking???  in no gravity you could do all kinds of crazy flips and spinning her like a top or if you all got tired you could even move her up and down (or she move you) with less energy than jerking off just hold on to her and move your wrist back and forth, I can't wait I want to go up!

but then there is 2 hairy guys named ivan and yakov wearing big fur hats watching you...weird...
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Matt VDW:
Does anyone else find humor in the fact that the Russians, who a few decades ago were communists, are now selling space tours to millionaires while NASA, supported by our tax dollars from the land of the free, is giving the first space tourist a cold shoulder?  

I think it would be great if all the unemployed Russian rocket scientists could stay busy lobbing tycoons into orbit instead of helping the Iraqis and the North Koreans with their missile programs.
View Quote

Actually, I think NASA can forsee the end of their organization in this space-tourism deal.  

Someone will eventually buy up all of the russians space engineers, and do the satellite deployment/maintenance, and tourism at a much lower cost than NASA's gorvernment agency can do it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#13]
How stupid is NASA? If rich people wanna pay to go into space,why should they spend my $$$ to send up some highly trained grocery delivery boy? They sent teachers (overpaid gov't. employee) with no mission essential skills.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Somewhere a team of network executives are planning their next big show:

Survivor in Space!

The hard part will be finding people willing to take the risk of being booted out the airlock when they lose. [%|]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Hell NO!!!
Do you know how much ammo I can get with that large sum of money? [heavy]

Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#16]
complete waste of money.
But,if they had a tittie bar on the space station, maybe....[:D]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#17]
But think of all the nice, pretty rifles you could buy with a cool $20 Million.

If money wasn't an object, I think I would.  I don't think I go on a Russian launch vehicle tho'.  Their space agency is suffering bad because of the poor Russian economy.  

Space Shuttle all the way.

Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Do you know how much ammo I can get with that large sum of money?
View Quote

At $150 per case of 1000 rounds, you could buy about 130,000,000 rounds of .223 for $20 million.  

To shoot that all up in an 80 year lifespan, you'd have to shoot over 31,000 rounds a week.  

I suggest inviting some friends over to share the fun. [:D]  

Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Matt VDW:
Somewhere a team of network executives are planning their next big show:

Survivor in Space![%|]
View Quote

I believe there was already a television show with that name.
"Warning Will Robinson, Danger! Danger!"
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 3:00:04 PM EDT
[#20]
20 million to this guy is exactly 5 months worth of interest income to him.  If you were his age, retired and rich, would you shell out 5 months dividend payments to go into space?  I would.

Shows how dumb NASA is?  Quite to the contrary, crazy like a fox.  They don't want him in space because it opens the doors to the entrepenuers.  Just like the Democrats don't want private Social Security accounts because it generates competition for their business (controll of your money), so too does NASA want to eliminate any competition in the private sector for access to space.

It costs NASA $2000 per pound to deliver payloads into space.  Assuming he weighs 200 lbs., it costs Russia $400,000 to get him up there, or a profit of $19,600,000.  NASA could send people up there in droves for a million and make much more money than what Defense, CIA, or Lorall pay them.  They just don't want to lose their monopoly.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

that and the subject of a space vacation [b]combined[/b] is one of my favorite fantasys, can you imagine what it be like spacef@cking???  in no gravity you could do all kinds of crazy flips and spinning her like a top or if you all got tired you could even move her up and down (or she move you) with less energy than jerking off just hold on to her and move your wrist back and forth, I can't wait I want to go up!

but then there is 2 hairy guys named ivan and yakov wearing big fur hats watching you...weird...
View Quote
                                            Bud....what an imagination...BUT, there is a ruski female up there!.......[sex]...that 20mil MUST have bought more than a jet ride!...[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#22]
If I had 100 million, I would pay 20 million to be the first space tourist.
Then again with 20 million, I could get the Assualt Weapons ban overturned, a much better use of my cash.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Hell, I am sure there are a couple folks on this message board that would be willing to take up a collection to send me into space as long as I promised not to come back. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hell, I am sure there are a couple folks on this message board that would be willing to take up a collection to send me into space as long as I promised not to come back. [:D]
View Quote
                                                Who knows, you might be better off!...........[beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top