Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2001 6:21:27 AM EDT
To all,
I have a question, I need a serious answer too.  
Now, I keep my AK under the side of my bed for home protection.  Its in a open soft assault case, laying on its side.  Will keeping it on its side bend/warp the barrel?  I want to know.
Please no flames or concerns on keeping a AK for home defense.
I do not have a shotgun yet, cause cash is tight.  That is my plan of action for this year.  
No kids, so no worrys about who is sleeping in the other room, except for my girlfriend's dog.  
I live in a house, so if you breaking in, I want to make sure you have no where to hide.  
20 rd mag to keep it light, and it won't kill my hearing like my armlite's muzzle break will.  
SO, is it bad?
c-rock
[url]www.illinois-shooter.org
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#1]
NO.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#2]
it is possible...if you are banging the wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/sheep and your bed breaks, caving in on your AK, the barrel may bend...
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:38:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Cleatus, I'm shocked! [:)]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:41:17 AM EDT
[#4]
How do you get the sheep in the bed? I thought you got them from behind, but then I guess you can't kiss 'em that way.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:43:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The best way to screw sheep is on the edge of a cliff, that way they keep backing up.

:)

Oh at least that's what a friend told me once... or something..
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#6]
hey now you guys, why don't you baaaaaaack the hell off...[:D]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#7]
C-rock, are these the serious answers that you were looking for?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:05:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Laying a gun on its side will cause no harm.

As far as a sheep walking in the barrel....you bet it's bad. Don't let the sheep anywhere near your guns.

Ever consider a midget instead of the sheep? They respond better when you tell them to stay the hell off your guns.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:13:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
it is possible...if you are banging the wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/sheep
View Quote

you left out CATS, non-new yorkers have sex with CATS this is why rabies is around.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#10]
yes, it was a serious question.  I keep my ak on its side, in a case, on the floor of my bedroom.  
I have a girlfriend Cleatus.  
No sheep.  No need to back her to a cliff either.  
I guess the crowd here today is surly!!
c-rock
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ever consider a midget instead of the sheep? They respond better when you tell them to stay the hell off your guns.
View Quote

Hell they can even clean 'em for you. Plus you can dress 'em in clown suits or school girl outfits & finish off some other fetishes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey, guys, don't forget about the effect of the 92mm recoil eliminator C-rock modified for his AK.  Simple fix -- flip the weapon onto its other side every Sunday.  Spinning stock-to-muzzle keeps the grip grab-able.  [Also works for compulsive/obsessives with normal weight suppressors]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#13]
ok c-rock (girfriend) I wan not sure if your were male,female, from san francisco or  down south....
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#14]
when i lay my gun,i prefer to do so in the doggie position.[}:D] mmk
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Are you kidding! i had a guy(not a sheep) told me that a barrel will bend if leaned up against
the wall. now really think hard! what is this barrel made of(Harden steel) now think how much
pressure these barrels are under when fired! the only way your going to bend a barrel is bayonet training or driving over the barrel with your car.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes, the barrel will ben by laying on it's side. It will also bend if you lean it against a wall or store it upside down. The only way to protect your rifle is every two days have the midget rotate your guns. [;D]

But in all seriousness, no, laying on it's side under the bed will not hurt anything other than with the bed collapsing from....[;)]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#19]
No, but storing ammunition on it's side for long periods of time could be hazardous. Nitrocellulose, the main component of smokeless powder, can seep out of the powder granules creating a pool of very unstable exlosive within the cartridge. Much like dynamite small arms cartridges must be periodically "turned" to prevent this nitro seperation.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a girlfriend Cleatus.  
View Quote

Do you have a girlfriend named Cleatus, or does your girlfriend HAVE a Cleatus?  LOL
View Quote

haha,  
no girlfriend named cleatus.
I was just asking a serious question ladies.  
C-rock
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Get real man, no flame, but we're talking about a steel object here.

Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I was about to buy one of those like new in wrap Enfields that were available a few years back at a gunshow when some dude walked by and said he would never buy something like that because of metal fatigue.
The dealer and myself could only roll our eyes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Yea banging would do it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top