BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/24/2017 3:57:31 PM EDT
http://www.pe.com/articles/california-823904-brown-state.html

California is not turning back," Brown proclaims
The governor’s annual State of the State Address was a defiant challenge to Donald Trump.

"Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday, Jan. 24 used his annual State of the State Address to defiantly proclaim California’s determination to resist President Donald Trump’s agenda.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Let them not turn back and drive themselves over the cliff.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Good.  Leave.  Become the Azatlan State.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Cut off all federal monies to California as well as all water. Let's see how long that attitude lasts
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cut off all federal monies to California as well as all water. Let's see how long that attitude lasts
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#5]
"Quoted:
Cut off all federal monies to California as well as all water. Let's see how long that attitude lasts"

Cut it off.

DO IT!
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The need to have a county by county vote to leave the USA.  That way we get rid of the trash and keep our brothers and sisters in arms.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Those pussies wouldnt last 24 hours.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#8]
What was the saying referring to weed? 

Bill Clinton never inhaled. Jerry Brown never exhaled.

Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#9]
He keeps thinking that taking more of my money is going to fix things. It's a spending problem. Hoping Trump cuts all revenue to California.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup, same douche now as then

Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yup, same douche now as then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN-_UOvwNA8
View Quote

Beat me to it, as long as they keep electing that clown that song will always be my go to for all topics Moonbeam related.

Brown and DK really are the gift that keeps on giving...
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#13]
We have already seen this on wall street.  I made a thread about it a while ago but can't find it.  They are hunting down our big insurance clients, twisting their arm to divest from coal-revenue derived investments.

If they don't play nice, the CA DoInsurance gives them quite a go-through come audit time.  

Moving the headquarters of multi-billion dollar insurance companies out of state isn't a very cheap alternative.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
I just read this today

"After all, more than $100 billion of the governor’s recently released budget is from federal funds. This is nearly 40 percent of our state budget."
http://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/Working-with-Washington-helps-California-10878222.php
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Jerry Moonbeam Brown is a hippie dementia patient.  He needs to go back to the seminary of global warming..

If California wants to exit the north east portion of the state wants to form its own state of Jefferson
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#16]
"immigration makes us great". Then goes on to protect illegals. Worthwhile immigration is great and helpful, importing a bunch of poor illiterate people hurts us. I am getting very much annoyed that they can not seem to grasp the difference between an engineer from Japan who comes here legally, bringing excellent expertise and know how with a dirt poor Mexican / South American who has zero skills outside of fast food serving.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Cut off all funding. As a CA resident it will hurt,  but the end result will be worth the short term pain.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes!
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Cut off all funding. As a CA resident it will hurt,  but the end result will be worth the short term pain.
View Quote

What does that even mean? So California residents would keep paying federal taxes but no federal dollars could be earmarked to be spent on that state?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I usually let the bath faucet run 24/7 just so there is less to make it to the PRK.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Wish that cunt was the same as protecting gun owners rights.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#22]
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-opponent-poised-california-attorney-general-44989527

"In their first official action since Donald Trump became president, California lawmakers on Monday confirmed a new attorney general who has vowed to defend the state's liberal policies against the Trump administration and a Republican Congress."
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What does that even mean? So California residents would keep paying federal taxes but no federal dollars could be earmarked to be spent on that state?
View Quote

Yes and no, Congress can easily cut down the budget for non compliance.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
... I am getting very much annoyed that they can not seem to grasp the difference between an engineer from Japan who comes here legally, bringing excellent expertise and know how with a dirt poor Mexican / South American who has zero skills outside of fast food serving.
View Quote

They grasp the difference just fine.
Stoopid people vote how they are told.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Good.  Leave.  Become the Azatlan State.
View Quote
Viva La Aztlan! Viva La Mexico, and their building standards
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:54:38 AM EDT
[#27]
California state government seems to be trying to go on an all out offensive http://www.sfchronicle.com/science/article/California-set-to-fight-Washington-over-10881197.php
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:06:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Misquote. "Kali can't turn back."
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:10:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"Quoted:
Cut off all federal monies to California as well as all water. Let's see how long that attitude lasts"

Cut it off.

DO IT!
View Quote

Do it a few years then check their attitudes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:12:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-opponent-poised-california-attorney-general-44989527

"In their first official action since Donald Trump became president, California lawmakers on Monday confirmed a new attorney general who has vowed to defend the state's liberal policies against the Trump administration and a Republican Congress."
View Quote

It's gonna be like Cowboys and Indians when we were kids, except it's the Indians that are going to be encircled....
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:16:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Californians against sanctuary cities

I hope Trump gives Brown a smackdown!
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:21:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bravo
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:35:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We have already seen this on wall street.  I made a thread about it a while ago but can't find it.  They are hunting down our big insurance clients, twisting their arm to divest from coal-revenue derived investments.

If they don't play nice, the CA DoInsurance gives them quite a go-through come audit time.  

Moving the headquarters of multi-billion dollar insurance companies out of state isn't a very cheap alternative.
View Quote

Interesting. What kind of insurance?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:36:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Wasn't it reported their their state pension fund is $2441 million short and they want to protect illegals, continue to give them free everything, including free legal services to fight the man.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:39:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a CA tax payer I would be fine with the Feds cutting funds to my state. The less funds the state has means the less they can fuck with us
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:40:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They grasp the difference just fine.
Stoopid people vote how they are told.

A.W.D.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:44:35 AM EDT
[#38]
I would really love to see a few of the hardcore leftist states bow up and try to strong arm Trump. I believe that's a fight he'd look forward to and one they sincerely don't want
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:48:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Ummm, Mr. Brown, no.  No, you're a Liberal.  You love BIG goverent, big fat Federal government. You love to shove things down state's throats.  You don't give a crap about state's rights, or people's for that matter.  So no, you won't be resisting, you want the Federal gov to bully everyone into submission and it is time for you to submit.  Smile Mr. Brown, you savior Obama isn't calling the shots any more, and there is a big federal government that wants to speak with you behind the woodshed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:54:50 AM EDT
[#40]
A piss ant raising his fist in defiance to a bull.  Brown will get his feelings hurt if he keeps this up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:56:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What was the saying referring to weed? 

Bill Clinton never inhaled. Jerry Brown never exhaled.

View Quote
Jerry most likely swallowed though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:00:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Brown, Cumo Christy and Emanuel should share a cell.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:09:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Fuck that piece of shit moonbeam...
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:15:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Next stop venezuela.  fucking commie shit stain.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:19:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much.

It also means the state would immediately raise state income taxes and severely raise gas, property and other taxes and fees to cover the shortfall.
Also: State services would be cut to the bone, except for everything having to do with illegals, climate change, LGBT, social justice and their stupid fucking bullet train.

As someone living here it worries me. But I say fuck it, do it, let it all come tumbling down.
I don"t need to learn how to swim, see ya down in California bay.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:26:51 AM EDT
[#46]
These guys are all about money and when it gets cut they will all change their tune
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:34:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:52:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Its worth noting that "Moonbeam" must be sweating Fairly profusely after seeing just how dedicated President Trump has been since being sworn in..

No false, non action by this President.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:52:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Eat shit, moonbat! 
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:07:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top