Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/21/2017 3:11:06 PM EDT
Update:
Police say the man who fired the gun Friday night at the University of Washington claimed he had been assaulted by the man he shot, and that he believed he was a white supremacist. Friends of the critically injured man, say he is no racist.
View Quote

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/police-release-man-arrested-in-uw-shooting/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6t5QURPLpY

Guy in yellow hat is the shooter

Interesting thing to note is the lack of people scattering. In threads about crowd attacks and self defense, there are lots of folks (myself included) that think
firing off some rounds would cause everyone to run immediately.

Not really the case here, probably due to the noise and people setting off fireworks. Plenty of folks still standing around.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
It was tough to hear a shot.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
It was tough to hear a shot or shots.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#3]
So what's the story? Was shooter a protestor or someone being attacked and self defense?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was tough to hear a shot.
View Quote

Yeah, apparently the protesters were throwing fireworks. I guess folks thought it was that and not a shooting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#5]
hard to tell but kinda looks like self defense. It appears he was standing there, then assaulted by several people....
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
hard to tell but kinda looks like self defense. It appears he was standing there, then assaulted by several people....
View Quote
If he is charged by a lefty prosecutor, sounds like a good use of a presidential pardon.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So what's the story? Was shooter a protestor or someone being attacked and self defense?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's not clear if it was protester on protester, Trump/Milo fan on protester or vice versa.

Description of the shooting suspect. It's the left coast, so he could be any of the above I guess
Police had described the suspect as an Asian male in his 50s wearing glasses, a yellow cap and a black jacket, Q13 Fox reported.

Pic:
Attachment Attached File

The shootee
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't tell what's going on in that video.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd vote to acquit based on that video.

Don't attack people and you won't get shot.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like he bagged himself a commie.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Guess you have to mag dump so they know you're serious about not getting stomped to death.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looked like he was being attacked by a mob and plugged someone when he got free for a second.
View Quote

I thought the same thing.  Looks like lots of MAGA hats behind him (shooter) too. Probably a counter protestor/ Trump supporter.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Guy in yellow hat is the shooter

edit: Shooter surrendered to the police  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/21/suspect-surrenders-in-shooting-on-university-washington-campus.html

Interesting thing to note is the lack of people scattering. In threads about crowd attacks and self defense, there are lots of folks (myself included) that think
firing off some rounds would cause everyone to run immediately.

Not really the case here, probably due to the noise and people setting off fireworks. Plenty of folks still standing around.
View Quote

When in doubt, loaded D60 + AR + Geissele S3G = many more rounds and conveys the message that "thy death comes from the muzzle"
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Shootee looks like he has the same expression as Buckwheat when he got shot.  "I'm SHOT!"
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looked like he was being attacked by a mob and plugged someone when he got free for a second.
View Quote

Agree. IMHO, the group standing with the target look like the protester type.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it is indeed yellow hat man idk.

There is a picture of yellow hat man with hisface covered by that tan scarf that you see being ripped off in the photo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't know the circumstances, and it's hard to tell from the video, but at first blush it looks like a Good Shoot to me.

If you are minding your own business a mob starts beating on you then you have every right to draw down and do a mag dump if necessary to get away.  The guy appeared to be more restrained than I would have been.

Assuming, of course, that was the situation and he wasn't just shooting someone because he was pissed at what they said....
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#20]
The "victim" looks like a anti-Milo protestor.  My guess is that the shooter who defended himself from the mob is a pro-Trump guy.

Regardless of the affinity of the shooter, looks like a good shoot.

If more violent mob participants got shot, I think the situation would become a self-licking ice cream cone.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like a Black Bloc protestor tried to assault him and got plugged.  Looks like a good shoot based on video and I think self defense comes into play here.  Shooter might have trouble if the state has laws against having firearms at protests though.

Personally, I think more of these Black Bloc guys need a thorough ass whooping, and given their tendency to sucker punch people, a few more like responses from armed citizens.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I see.

Mob attacked him, he responded.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Guess you have to mag dump so they know you're serious about not getting stomped to death.
View Quote
zombie warfare rule #30
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#24]
So guy in Yellow Hat is standing there minding his own business, not doing shit at the beginning of the video.

Few seconds later people start fighting.

Fight migrates towards Yellow Hat man and all of a sudden he is in the middle of it.

After a brief scuffle he fires a single round.

Good shoot. Fucking tired of these "anarchists".

Problem is, he's in Seattle, and I would be willing to bet her serves time and loses his gun rights after this. 
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

If that's the case then he's fucked. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=478-124-020
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's what I see.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I see.

+1
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like 4 or 5 black block fuckers ran towards the skirmish carrying a banner. 
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm pretty sure even if the snowflakes were stomping him out Seattle prosecutors will make an example of him especially for carrying in a gun free zone .
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If that's the case then he's fucked. On campus.
View Quote

Isnt campus public property?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Has this been posted on MSM yet anywhere?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#31]
The anarchists seem to think it's okay for them to use force, threats, violence and weapons.  But then think they set the rules with no guns, because they don't like guns.

Or we can all peacefully talk and listen to a presenter.
Keep your hands to yourself.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=478-124-020
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that's the case then he's fucked. On campus.

Most states prohibit concealed carry on campus by anyone other than cops.  Washington is one of them.

ETA:  Beaten by 25 seconds....
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#34]
So then everyone carrying any sharp pointed object, hurling bricks and paint should also be prosecuted.

Not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So then everyone carrying any sharp pointed object and hurling bricks should also be prosecuted.

Not holding my breath.
View Quote

Not saying it's right just that according to law he shouldn't have been armed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#36]
This is why I my stupid people go to riots.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#37]
The victim is 30 and the shooter is in his 50s so my money is that it was some anarchist POS attacking a non-protester.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

The lefties are bizarre and violent. Until they stop being bizarre and violent we should be armed whenever they are around.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#39]
The only thing this guy has going for him is that it was caught on film.

He needs to find a GOOD lawyer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Even with a CHL?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So guy in Yellow Hat is standing there minding his own business, not doing shit at the beginning of the video.

Few seconds later people start fighting.

Fight migrates towards Yellow Hat man and all of a sudden he is in the middle of it.

After a brief scuffle he fires a single round.

Good shoot. Fucking tired of these "anarchists".

Problem is, he's in Seattle, and I would be willing to bet her serves time and loses his gun rights after this. 
View Quote

There are photos of yellow hat man with his face covered by a scarf, he may have been a protestor.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Even with a CHL?
View All Quotes

From the way I read the law you need written permission unless you are a cop.  It's not that unusual; campus carry is still in its infancy.

Utah, of course, has always allowed concealed carry on college campuses.  Which might be a reason you don't see this crap happening here....
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Even with a CHL?
View Quote

(3) Possession of a valid concealed weapons permit is not a defense to the prohibition in this section.
Places listed below that have Rules that state no firearms allowed on Premises. Washington State
Administrative Rules cover these areas.
Colleges/Universities, Licensed Child Care Facilities, Racing Association Grounds, An Emergency
Respite Center, Licensed Pregnant and Parenting Teen Residential Programs And Their Facilities,
Licensed Homes and Facilities That Provide Care To Children. Overnight Youth Shelter & Residence
Operated By the Juvenile Rehabilitation Administration
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Hard to say for sure but it kinda looks like he was being attacked in the video.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Not enough gun
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Based on the pics it looks like the guy who got shot was right on top of the alleged shooter screaming at him.

Remember the Asian couple in their RR in NYC who got surrounded by bikers and ran a few over to escape and everyone was cool with it.
Wonder how those same people will react to this.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#47]
And this is one reason why I don't go to protests. You're just asking for trouble these days.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Looks like he bagged himself a commie.
View Quote

Well . . . it happened in Red Square. Go figure.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except the law says his right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Good shoot. Guy who got shot should be charged. Fuck em.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Looked like a veteran roof Korean to me
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top