Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2001 9:24:53 PM EDT
A friend of mine and his wife owns a gas station that was broke into Sunday morning around 3:30 am. When the alarm went off it took the cops 30 minutes to get there from their station 2 miles away. After looking at the broken glass door, the tire iron laying on the ground next to it, and blood from where the criminal must have cut himself, they said there wasn't anything they could do. They didn't dust for prints, didn't take any blood sample for DNA, and they left the tire iron on the ground where they found it. When my friend asked what they were going to do, they told him "What do you expect us to do, this is a big town, we'll never find the guy." The police around here are a joke. They did at least fill out a report after 3 tries. They had to wad up the first two because they didn't know how to fill it out. This makes me think its no wonder why crime is so bad these days. Cops are good for nothing but wasting the tax payers money. One of the male cops here in town was fired for having sex with a 16 yr old boy. Two more were fired but not arrested for looking the other way while their friend ran a meth lab. Another cop here in town is the son of a bookie and even takes bets for his father.(gambling is against the law in this state) I wonder why people have no respect for an officer of the law. Cops these days seem to forget they are there to uphold the law, not sit around collecting a check and breaking the laws that they are supposed to inforce. I'm not saying all cops are like this because there are still a few good cops that believe in making a difference and to serve and protect. But its the dirty, lazy, and useless cops that make me sick. And the sad thing is, the government wants to take away our guns and tells us we should feel safe due to the proud men and women who wear the uniform and protects us...LOL  What a joke. Anyone else here feel the same way I do?? Oh yeah, if your going to get mad at me for cop bashing, remember if there wasn't any dirty cops, there wouldn't be an internal affairs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Excuse me Maam we realize that your husband will probably come back and try to kill you despite the DVRO but we have to run off to a property crime and start DNA retreival on some blood and a tire iron. Good luck Maam!

We need more Darwin award contestants.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel the same way.  My house has been broken into numerous times and my parents have had 5 vehicles stolen from their house.  The cops provided me with about as much help as they provided your friend.  Cops are useless, so now I have guns.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny how the responsibility shifts from the citizen to the police now isnt it? See the gas station owner was not responsible for what happened to their store and you sr15 were not responsible UNTIL after the police failed you but NOW it's your show. Hahahahahahaha some of you people fricken kill me.

Hunter out...

edited for spelling
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#4]
"When my house got robbed, a top notch job,
the cops laughed while my mom just sobbed.
911 only works for the rich ones, so I collect guns." - "No Holds Barred" by Sir Mix-a-lot
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Houses don't get robbed, people do, if you insist on speaking out at least try and learn the lingo.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#6]
If my home is robbed while I'm away .... I need a policeman to write a report for my insurance claim.    If my home is robbed while I'm there....I'll need a policeman to come haul the corpse off. And THAT'S the bottom line ! --Rooster
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Mix-a-lot rocks!  I have that CD!
[heavy]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Funny how the responsibility shifts from the citizen to the police now isnt it? See the gas station owner was not responsible for what happened to their store and you sr15 were not responsible UNTIL after the police failed you but NOW it's your show. Hahahahahahaha some of you people fricken kill me.

Hunter out...

edited for spelling
View Quote

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say here.
I'm not blaming the police because my house got broken into.  I'll admit that I could have had an alarm, better locks, etc.  However, I found some of my stuff in a pawn shop, called the police three times, waited for an hour, and they still didn't respond to help me get it back.  I know for a fact that they only had one other call (minor mva) during that time, so they were not busy.  I think they should have felt at least a little bit of responsibility for helping me get my stuff back.  And no, I don't claim to be running the show now.  Just not under the false assumption that the police will come running, willing to give up their life to save mine, when I call.

edited for sp.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Remember that the Police these days are little more than historians - they show up after the fact and take down the facts that they see afterwards.  Frankly, I agree with the sentiment DizzyRooster voiced - if my house gets broken in to while I am home - it's a Coroner's case.  With what I know about forensics and my friends in low places, I will probably find the perp (if I am not home) before the police are on the right track.  Frankly, the police are outgunned, outmanned, and underpaid.  I do not expect them to come to my aid when I need them, and I won't bother to wait to respond to the problem at hand.  You can't rely on anyone but yourself in the final solution, so why try anyone else?

FFZ
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Well SR15 then you could say your experience had a positive outcome. You learned that you cannot expect the Police to respond to your emergency, and you are right in thinking that you are responsible for your own safety. Unless you were to move into a gated community where everyone has a personal Police Officer stationed outside their door thats the facts of life.

See some people take that responsibility seriously (the majority of people that post here) And there are the weak out there that cannot protect themselves. By you taking responsibilty for your own welfare you free us up to protect those that truly need help.

And in case the the message still didn't get through, in most towns and cities across our nation the property crimes are falling through the cracks so that responses to people crimes like assaults are dealt with.

I don't get excited about property crime. Crimes against people are more important, always have been always will be.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Excuse me Maam we realize that your husband will probably come back and try to kill you despite the DVRO but we have to run off to a property crime and start DNA retreival on some blood and a tire iron. Good luck Maam!

We need more Darwin award contestants.

Hunter out...
View Quote

This is a prefect example of how the piggies think, then they insult peoples intel with shit like this!

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I apologize if I insulted you andreusan that was very UN Constitutional of me.

Hehehehehehe

Piggy out...

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Cops like MindHunter are a joke to society. They laugh and make fun of bad things that happen to honest people but they'll get theirs in the end. people like that always do. Mindhunter will probably get shot in the back in a dark alley by a 14 yr old punk that was on crack. If that evers happens at least one good thing will come of it, there will be more donuts for the rest of the lazy cops.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#14]
NightHawk, pardon the insult, but your a friggin' liar.  There's no doubt in my mind you are a cop troll.  Make up a better story next time........  Oh, and BTW: Shove it.

[-!-]  HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Paulie Walnuts:
NightHawk, pardon the insult, but your a friggin' liar.  There's no doubt in my you are a cop troll.  Make up a better story next time........  Oh, and BTW: Shove it.

[-!-]  HAHAHAHAHA!!!

View Quote

Let me guess, I'm betting your the idiot who was cracking the 16 yr old boy and you got fired. Smalled world isn't it? Whats the chances of you being the one I was talking about?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#16]
NightHawk, your profile doesn't say where you're from, but I swear it would be from upstate South Carolina from the stories you mentioned about the dirty cops.  

No use for cops?  No one has a use for a cop, until they REALLY need one.  It's like a life insurance policy.  How often do you need that?  Just once.

The two times I've had my house broken into were while I lived in two different small towns in SC.  Both times, the police officers went way overboard with their job.  In both cases, they took ample fingerprints and had an officer stay with us in the house until daylight of the next morning.  Heck, after the second break-in, the nice officer cleaned-up, including mopping and picking-up glass in my kitchen.  He said it helped him stay awake, but either way, it was nice to wake-up to a floor and kitchen counter that wasn't covered in glass and blood.  In the second break-in, my wife cut the guy with a knife.  The police saved a blood sample they picked-up from our kitchen floor.  Of course, they knew they'd probably never be able to use it, but if the guy had come-back to do worse, it might have helped find him.

I will bash them on their paper work skills.  After the two above breakins, I never was able to get a police report out of them.  Without the report, I couldn't file an insurance claim.  But, that was a small annoyance compared to how badly my wife (and I'll admit I was too) was scared after both.  Looking back on it, I can't believe I didn't buy a gun after either incident.  I was 72 when I bought my first gun, and I did so to target shoot, not out of fear.  It's strange how I'm a firm believer in the statement "God protects those who protect themselves," but until recently, I apparently didn't intend on playing-out that statement to its ultimate end.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Zoom Wilson:
NightHawk, your profile doesn't say where you're from, but I swear it would be from upstate South Carolina from the stories you mentioned about the dirty cops.  

No use for cops?  No one has a use for a cop, until they REALLY need one.  It's like a life insurance policy.  How often do you need that?  Just once.

The two times I've had my house broken into were while I lived in two different small towns in SC.  Both times, the police officers went way overboard with their job.  In both cases, they took ample fingerprints and had an officer stay with us in the house until daylight of the next morning.  Heck, after the second break-in, the nice officer cleaned-up, including mopping and picking-up glass in my kitchen.  He said it helped him stay awake, but either way, it was nice to wake-up to a floor and kitchen counter that wasn't covered in glass and blood.  In the second break-in, my wife cut the guy with a knife.  The police saved a blood sample they picked-up from our kitchen floor.  Of course, they knew they'd probably never be able to use it, but if the guy had come-back to do worse, it might have helped find him.

I will bash them on their paper work skills.  After the two above breakins, I never was able to get a police report out of them.  Without the report, I couldn't file an insurance claim.  But, that was a small annoyance compared to how badly my wife (and I'll admit I was too) was scared after both.  Looking back on it, I can't believe I didn't buy a gun after either incident.  I was 72 when I bought my first gun, and I did so to target shoot, not out of fear.  It's strange how I'm a firm believer in the statement "God protects those who protect themselves," but until recently, I apparently didn't intend on playing-out that statement to its ultimate end.
View Quote

Hey Zoom, its nice to hear you had better luck with cops. I live in Tennessee but I'm sure its the same all over. Don't get me wrong, there are good cops out there and its a good thing they are on the force but it only takes a few bad cops to ruin thier reputations.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#18]
....this thread is startin' to look like a snack for the Mods. i.e. troll house cookies [:D]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Yet another made up story by the cop troll!!  HAHAHAHAHA!!!

You guys are all too easy to reel in!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well first thing that wasn't my little brother, I just told you that because I knew you would trust me. That was some kid I saw coming out of the free clinic trying to get rid of the anal warts your dad gave him...LOL as for the smalled world, that was a typo. My hands were shaking from the blowjob your mother was giving me...LOL
View Quote

By registering for the forums you, the user, admit to being over the age of 13. You are fully responsible for any information or file supplied by this user. You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by yourself or the owners of these forums. In your use of these forums, you agree that you will not post any information which is vulgar, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well first thing that wasn't my little brother, I just told you that because I knew you would trust me. That was some kid I saw coming out of the free clinic trying to get rid of the anal warts your dad gave him...LOL as for the smalled world, that was a typo. My hands were shaking from the blowjob your mother was giving me...LOL
View Quote

By registering for the forums you, the user, admit to being over the age of 13. You are fully responsible for any information or file supplied by this user. You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by yourself or the owners of these forums. In your use of these forums, you agree that you will not post any information which is vulgar, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.

Hunter out...
View Quote

Well what do you know, now you want to enforce laws. Well at least you put down your donut and made an effort, I'll give you credit for that. Now how about you try doing it on the streets where its needed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I just love these threads.  The misunderstood world of law enforcement.  

There are bad cops.  There are fat lazy I don't give a f@#K cops.  There are even some really bad law enforcement agencies.  All true.

Most cops make an effort on every shift to do the best job they can.  Most want to save lives and protect property.  This is the reason most got into the business to start with.  There are easier ways to make a living than dealing with the worst society has to offer on a daily basis.

One just has to consider what their community would be like without law enforcement.  If you don't think it would change you live in one of two places.

1) a maggot infested S#@t hole ghetto where "citizens" already rape and pilleage at will.

2) a low poplulation area possibly in the desert or mountains.

Nighthawk, it is too bad that the cops in your area are so bad.  

I was not there, so I have to go on your little scenereo.  It sounds like bad attitudes by the officers, and lack of professionalisim were two of the main problems.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
....this thread is startin' to look like a snack for the Mods. i.e. troll house cookies [:D]
View Quote

btt
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#24]
And just imagine if the owner of the business had excersized his right to protect his property, then the COPs would roll his ass on down and charge him.

So who is right? Just because the true criminal is [I]TOO[/I] hard to locate the COPs could really give a crap. Then if you question that ideal the come back is a scenario of unrealistic terms in which a person is threatened by their spouse or companion.

Either case involves the COPs job but the higher priority is what they wait for because the victim can readily ID the person.

Equates to the least possible policing policy exerted.

The COPs suck period, it's just a job and they want the least amount of crap to deal with.

So with that: [-!-]

[rail]Railgun....

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, I agree that there are some good cops in this country, but let me tell you all a little story.

Two years ago my wife stopped to buy a soda at a local market late one night.  A ex-employee of mine (he was mad at me for firing him) recognized the van, so he sneaked inside it and hide.  When my wife started to drive off he came from behind and started hitting her repeatedly and tried to tear of her clothes, he was wearing a ski mask and goves. My wife fought back and screamed until finally someone else showed up, at that point the guy ran away.

When my wife got home and I learned about what happened I called the cops.  When they came over I was immediately asked to step out side so one partner could question my wife.  Abviously they tought I beat my wife, even though I was the one that called them!!  After they asked alot of questions I asked them if they wanted to check out the van, but they said that wasn't nessecary!!

Well I checked out the van myself and found that the guy left his jacket inside by the back seat.  I told them that I recognized the jacket as belonging to the ex-employee.

Now these cops did arrest the guy the following day, but only after my wife got him to confess witha taped phone call.  But the courts only gave him 90 days jail time, calling it a misdomeaner assult since he was drunk at the time!!!  That's is bullshit..the guy was attemping to rape my wife--plus he had prior assult convictions!!  After he got out of jail he would ossacionnally walk past our house while I was at work, just to scare my wife.  We called the cops many times about this since we had a restraining order, they stated that it would only be our word against his so they really couldn't do anything about it!!

A couple months later, after the guy again beat up another women, a Detective called me asking if we would be willing to help in a sting operation to catch this guy.  I basically told them to f%^$ off since they should do the foot work themselves and I wasn't going to put my family thru that again.  He then stated that if I helped that I would no longer have to worry about bothering us again.

Well, I told him I wanted no part of it and that if this guy ever showed up at my house again I would take care of it myself.  He knew what I meant and warned me not to do anything illegal...the gall!!!  He stated I had no right to take the law into my own hands!!

The lesson I have learned thru all this is that I will take care of things myself, and keep the cops out of my life at all cost.  I truely believe they no longer know what the phrase "TO SERVE AND PROTECT" means any more!!

sgtar15

PS Sorry for the long post
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey don't apologize for speaking the truth, the COPs suck.

And yes they will arrest you if you have to close the door on some idiot that you had already filed complaints about.

Everyone worth his salt knows what it's all about and just exactly how to handle tough situations that the COPs simply ignore and using the same loopholes that the COPs use to get out of taking any action.

[rail]Railgun....
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I apologize if I insulted you andreusan that was very UN Constitutional of me.

Hehehehehehe

Piggy out...

View Quote

Not offended, I did however notice the use of upper case un, it says who, and what you represent, does it not?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Blue Helmet.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:51:00 AM EDT
[#29]
That's right!!  I've got my blue helmet on right now, just dreaming of how you think you're going to stop me from taking control over everything & how funny it will be when you find out you can't and won't!

HAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:13:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:17:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Right on Brother Osprey!  Glad someone here's finally talking sense!  What department you with?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:28:39 AM EDT
[#32]
That's right!!  I've got my blue helmet on right now, just dreaming of how you think you're going to stop me from taking control over everything & how funny it will be when you find out you can't and won't!

HAHAHAHAHA
View Quote

Hey, you sound just like nonuts, is it you peewee?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:34:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Right on Brother Osprey!  Glad someone here's finally talking sense!  What department you with?
View Quote

Right on?, WTF time zone you in? Could it be a post from the past, or just a plain ole brother lost in da ole time z z zoooooooooooooooooon? Go play with your partners nightstick!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:38:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
From my experience with them(cops)there are only three kinds of people in the world,cops, cops families and,SCUM(everyone else).
View Quote

Ever think your enemies know who, and where you are, you piece of crap?

They now do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Is that you threatening people ande??
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:43:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View Quote

Right on?, WTF time zone you in? Could it be a post from the past, or just a plain ole brother lost in da ole time z z zoooooooooooooooooon? Go play with your partners nightstick!
View Quote

And yet another productive post by Richard Cranium, err ande
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#36]
    Hmmm. I can certainly understand the feelings. I spent six years as a LEO, and I learned the hard way that if you worked hard, stayed honest, and believed in your superiors and the system, you'd get screwed. I ended up so disgusted I quit. After a cooldown period, I'm trying to get back in. Will I change the way I work? No. I won't 'bend' the rules for politicians. I'll put just as much effort into the job as before, even when it ticks off the lazy bums. Will I last? Probably not.

The better you are, the faster the system tries to break you. To be successful in law enforcement, cultivate the ability to do nothing. Don't generate complaints by making arrests. Don't write tickets to politicians' families. Don't arrest ANYONE who works in the Governor's Office ----no matter what they do. No, I won't last.....
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Everyone seems like they want cops to run out and enforce laws and catch criminals.  Then you all b*tch when you get a ticket.  Pick a side and stick with it. Either you want cops to enforce 1 mph over the limit or you want them to cut some slack.  How fast do YOU all drive???

[-!-] Cop Haters
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#39]
A) Cops are an "after-the-fact" entity. Personal defense of life and property are the individuals responsiblity.

B) Professionalism in many police forces is far too unreliable to truly count on as a citizen. Not to say it doesn't exist, not at all. It just doesn't exist on a [i]reliable[/i] level, and that's what's important.

C) Even in the heat of the MOST crucial situations(i.e.-S.W.A.T. @ Columbine), citizens have been clearly shown that even while children are being slaughtered, counting on the police, even their most elite, is far from a sure thing at best and a well documented case of extreme cowardice and negligence at worst.

D) I've seen MANY cops that are so grossly overweight and out of shape, I still can't believe, due to the nature of their work, that they are not REQUIRED to at LEAST be in slightly above average shape. A lot of these cops look like they plan on their next mega-lunch far more than anticipating the need to effectively apprehend criminals, who are often in far better condition and highly prone to running.

That being said, I am VERY glad that we do have cops. There is a vital role that some of them fill. Many are very good people. But trying to pass off this "To protect & serve" crap is less believable than the friggin' Easter Bunny.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not offended, I did however notice the use of upper case un, it says who, and what you represent, does it not?
View Quote

There was an emphasis on UN and no it did not stand for U.N. The folks that know me around here from my posts would know I didn't mean U.N.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
And just imagine if the owner of the business had excersized his right to protect his property, then the COPs would roll his ass on down and charge him.
View Quote

Railgun how would that owner exercise His/Her rights? By killing who they percieved the badguy was? Or would that owner take them into custody and bring them before a Judge?

I suppose that under that model we would just do away with your rights and make it easier for everyone involved.

I think it would be too cool to live life like the wild west where things were handled man to man. That way at least the big mouths would learn to shut their cake hole and only write checks that they are prepared to cash.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Are there more crooked cops than crooked lawyers, priests, other clergymen, crooked politicians, crooked butchers, crooked mechanics, crooked doctors, crooked dentists, crooked teachers,...employee theft just about wiped out Kmart, as well as crooked customers taking advantage of their no hassle return policy...crooked judges, crooked insurance agents..crooked internet service providers,crooked landlords, crooked soldiers, sailors, bakers, nurses,postal workers  etc...etc...etc...
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Nighthawk I'm no cop but really what did you expect them to do? I think m4 said it best, personal defense of person and proerty are YOUR responsibility, liberals have a hard time grasping this I hope you don't. So their staion is 2 miles away and it took them 30 minutes to get there? What you think there's a bunch of cops sitting around at the staion waiting for sh!t to happen? there out already where the sh!t is happening they'll get to you in the order your call was recieved unless your call warrants priority, if some guy is breaking into your house has a gun and you are unarmed, you call the cops but there's a riot on the other side of town, guess what? you're on your own. What? you want the people at the station to leave their phone and come help you? And they didn't take fingerprints or DNA?? What if they did? probably thousands of dollars invovled in running either of those, and what are they going to do if a name does come up as a match? Devote man hours looking for him? people who break into gas stations don't have addresses in the phone book are they supposed to drive around asking everyone are you so and so? Is that the kind of police response you want for a broken window and a little blood cleanup? get better insurance, get a dog, stand post in the store all night, do whatever or if your not ready to deal with that sell the store, I'm sure there is somebody who can. Just realize that they (cops) are there to serve the population they work for as a whole not just you and you'd be hella lot more fuct than buying new glass and spraying blood away with a hose if they weren't around, or were devoting the type of manhours and money your expecting  to all the other crimes just like yours.

Link Posted: 5/2/2001 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#46]
This is my last post on this subject.

I know this, it is a great feeling to help a citizen that could not otherwise help themselves. It feels good to have them thank you for doing your job and it reinforces the fact that you are a positive part of your community.

And that my friend outweighs all the negative horse feces that the ungrateful, misunderstanding, juvenile, selective law enforcement loving, whiny crybabys, spew from their honest, all knowing mouths.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I have come to the conclusion that law enfocement in this country is out of control. As an ER nurse, I am around LEO's on almost a daily basis, now of course they are people, some are good, some are bad, and for some, good or bad depends on the day they're haveing, and dispite what they might insist that you think (can't disagree with some cops, or they will assert their authority), it has been my experience that most of them are NOT nice people, and many of the ones I have contact with are nothing but criminals with badges. Even the ones that don't cross the line themselves are guilty for looking the other way when their peers do. I may be in a minority here, but I think it's time to start cutting back on or removing some of the discression and power we give them. I don't have the power to oppose them directly, but every time an issue about pay raises, more funding for programs, training, or more personel, comes up for a vote, I oppose it, or write my representatives urging them to oppose it. I also voice my concerns regularly to others, and many more than you may think are starting to listen! LEO's I don't give a rats ass if you disagree, just like you, I'm still free to believe what I please, but if you want to blame somone because people like me are starting to withold our support, blame your peers who abuse their authority turning citizens like me against YOU! For many of you, your own attatudes are your worst enemies!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#48]
If you don't like the cops where you live.  MOVE!!!!!!  Stop bitching and moaning and get the hell out of there.  There are plenty of communities where the police are sensitive to the citizen's needs.

Example:  2 different cities in the same county.

City #1:
Guy's car gets broken into and stereo is ripped off.  He calls cops and they ask him if it is insured.  He says no.  They tell "sorry there is nothing we can do" and they don't even show up.

City #2:

Same scenario, sheriff is there within 10 minutes doesn't ask about insurance and then dusts for prints.

Guess where I live?

MG
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#49]
I agree that it is my own responsibility to protect myself and my property.  But when I do, you can be assured that I will be hauled downtown by those who just said my protection is not their responsiblity, and I will be charged with either assault, manslaughter, or murder.  So which is it?  It can't be both ways!  Is it my responsiblity to protect myself or is it not?  LE and the judicial system need to make up their minds and then stick to it!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Some of you are obviously off your meds.
As for filling out reports, you don't know why the officer had to go through 3 copies. Sometimes by the end of my shift my brain is fried and I wind up putting the wrong info in the wrong box Or even after I tell them last, first , middle, names I  and put down the info they give me ,they tell me "that was my first, middle, last, etc"...
As for dusting for prints, you have been watching too many movies. The average street officer has had a brief exposure to the technique in basic school and thats it. We don't take prints. Also, dusting contaminates many items beyond recovery...that dust will never come off.  So if the item in question is something you tressure, hope you don't want it back in its original condition.  Hate to tell the one poster, but I'm willing to bet the deputy who took prints from your car did it only as a PR thing to have you feel that something was being done.
As for DNA, as has been said, the cost of that test is in the 1000's of dollars. They aren't going to expend that sort of dough for a property crime with a  total loss of a few 100 dollars.
The location of the station has nothing to do with response time. We don't sit round the station. Asa matter of fact, if I am at the office any sooner than 30 minutes before the end of my shift, I am hauled up for it. My zone is usually half the county, which means I could be 30 minutes or more away.
  As usual, here we have the usual schizoid poster. he berates officers who sit around "collecting a paycheck". The next step inevitably winds up having officers who are out there being proactive and working hard being called JBT's and the like because they are writing tickets. You can't have it both ways, people!
SR15, once again, do you think the officer sits around the station waiting for you to call? I always have people calling in the middle of my shift, even when I've told them to call at the beginning of my shift and I've waited as long as I could at the office for their call. They inevitably call back half way through the shift when I'm 20 miles away from the office phones. Given that, they have to wait for me to go back to the station before I will call them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top