Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2001 9:04:16 PM EDT
Hey BodyBuilder Types,
  Got a couple questions, I am about to turn 19 in June, and would like to build up my upper body, Abs-chest. Whats a good plan, to lose my extra fat, and tone up? Don't wanna get totally huge, just tone up w/out going to the gym. At home if possible. What can I do to acomplish this? Any good websites, w/ programs on what to eat, and what not to? How many calories? etc? Thanks!

-Jared
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not work out but I lost 25 pounds in a little over a month on the Atkins protien diet. Good luck Ron
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
cut out your carbs (rice, pasta, bread, potatos) and increase your protein (meat and cheese) and veggies

then get a some pink leg warmers, tights, and leotard(sp?) and a richard simmons "Sweatin to the Oldies" work out tape [:D]

running, biking, aerobic excerise to burn fat, if your not sweating or breathing hard your not burning fat  
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]
"And why can't you have jelly donuts private Pyle?!"

"Sir because I'm overweight Sir!"

"Because you are a disgusting fat body private Pyle!!!"
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I am on a diet too.  I didn't totally cut out the carbs but I switched to only drinking water and I work out 30 to 45 minutes a day.  Nothing serious I play basketball, paintball, some weight lifting and lots of situps(the hardest part to get rid of)  I also quit snacking on potato chips and crap like that.  I have lost 16 pounds in 21/2 weeks.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#5]
The best way to burn fat is just to build muscle.  People say aerobic exercise is better than anaerobic for burning fat, but the truth is when you develop muscle, it starts to eat fat to feed itself even at rest, and burns more fat in exertion.  So just weight train and take lots of protein and aminos to build the muscle.  Concentrate on the muscle.  The muscle will take care of the fat.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 5:21:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Some decent advice (very technical however...) on weight training and weight loss: [url]www.cbass.com[/url]

Link Posted: 5/2/2001 5:36:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:19:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:25:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Drink beer-you will gain upper body weight in no time! (of course you will have to wait till 21 to do this since drinking, at age 19 is illegal, therefore impossible to do...)
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Or just join the army and get paid to do that.  Was 170 when going into army came out 170 with twice the muscle and a washerboard stomach from all the friggin situps!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top