Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2001 8:56:12 PM EDT
Hey guys,
  I was thinking about getting a ShortHair in the future for grouse/pheasant hunting. Has anyone had sucesses sending the pup off for some profesional training? I don't mind doing the training, just wonder whats better? Just looking for some suggestions! Thanks!

-Jared
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent choice for a hunting dog.  I have raised many of them - they are one of the best breeds there is.  I have seen great results both ways.  If you have the time and knowledge, training them yourself can be very rewarding and an excellent way for you to bond with your dog.  If you don't have the time, then sending your dog off to be trained might be best.  Personally I prefer training them myself.[:D]  
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#2]
My grandfather had a couple (he had four before my time).  They were great (awesome) dogs.  I really can't answer your training questions, I know he did all the training himself though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Wonderful dogs.  I had a friend that had one.  It would "mark" all four tires on the ground and then jump into the pickup bed to "mark" the spare!  His saving grace was that he could hunt!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top