Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2016 12:33:11 PM EDT

“However, in New York City, you can’t clean up a dirty restaurant with a bribe.”
Morie Kabba, 42, of The Bronx was arrested Monday, while Jonathan Niranjan, 28, and Mohammad Safi, 62, who run establishments in Queens, were busted Tuesday, all on bribery charges, officials said.
In each instance, the men first tried to bribe inspectors with the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, who refused the graft and reported it to higher ups, authorities said.
Undercovers were then sent in and allegedly offered bribes, too.
At Kabba’s Jagana Family Kennedy Fried Chicken at 1375 Boston Road, undercover inspectors saw uncovered garbage cans, flies buzzing around and food on the floor in October.
Kabba offered the investigator $160 to ignore it, officials said.

Link
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Guy just didn't pay enough
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Gotta up the bribe. If the bribe is an insult it's worse than no bribe at all.

Amateurs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Amateurs.
View Quote

$160 today is not even carfare
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/161221jamaciaqueensnightclub3wc-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=642

“However, in New York City, you can’t clean up a dirty restaurant with a bribe.”
Morie Kabba, 42, of The Bronx was arrested Monday, while Jonathan Niranjan, 28, and Mohammad Safi, 62, who run establishments in Queens, were busted Tuesday, all on bribery charges, officials said.
In each instance, the men first tried to bribe inspectors with the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, who refused the graft and reported it to higher ups, authorities said.
Undercovers were then sent in and allegedly offered bribes, too.
At Kabba’s Jagana Family Kennedy Fried Chicken at 1375 Boston Road, undercover inspectors saw uncovered garbage cans, flies buzzing around and food on the floor in October.
Kabba offered the investigator $160 to ignore it, officials said.

Link
View Quote

$160 fucking dollars   Cheap bastards
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
It's the health inspectors fault. Nobody disrespected the mofia with bribe so low.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
So they'd rather pay than clean
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't see anything about fire inspectors,maybe you could show me where it is in the article.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
4 figures at least. Cheap bastards!
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#9]
That is pretty normal in New Jersey, probably  many other places.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Here in Florida if a senior health department administrator who is supposed to be regulating businesses instead tells such businesses that she will not enforce state laws but instead wants them to contribute to her causes, well...nothing wrong there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That is pretty normal in New Jersey, probably  many other places.
View Quote

My local fire inspector is also my customer.  His car runs like a top and I don't get my balls busted.  For something serious, I have to fix it but he doesn't harass me about a time limit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Sometimes, it's just cheaper to maintain sanitary rules than to bribe. The violations were simple to fix.
If you got a million cockroaches, well, that's harder to get rid of quickly than covering a garbage can and putting up fly paper.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I didn't see anything about fire inspectors,maybe you could show me where it is in the article.
View Quote

Ohhh, they get theirs too
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Amateurs.
View Quote

So true. 
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top