Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2016 1:43:08 AM EDT
Aging parents living in the high desert and someone needs to clear the driveway.

Any recommendations on which ATV plow I should choose for my 02 Polaris Sportsman 500?  Seems Warn is top of the price curve.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:48:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one from Blackline that is great.  It has down pressure, which in my opinion is a must.  Most use a winch to lift the plow and gravity to lower it,  Those suck, as they will just ride up over packed snow.

Mine also has hydraulic turn, which is much nicer than getting off, removing a pin, rotating the plow, and putting the pin back.

http://blacklinesnowplows.com
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:08:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Get chains too. Makes a world of difference. Not enough weight on too wide tires so they "float" around once you get a bit of snow in front of the blade.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:34:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Step 1:  Load ATV on back of truck

Step 2:  Mount plow on truck and get to work

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
This is what I use on my Yamaha 660 for the past 7 years.  Tapered blade is the bomb...cry once.

https://www.warn.com/atv/plows/provantage_tapered_blade.jsp
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one from Blackline that is great.  It has down pressure, which in my opinion is a must.  Most use a winch to lift the plow and gravity to lower it,  Those suck, as they will just ride up over packed snow.

Mine also has hydraulic turn, which is much nicer than getting off, removing a pin, rotating the plow, and putting the pin back.

View Quote

Sounds nice, what did it set you back? What 4 wheeler is it mounted on?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought mine used, then rebuilt it with the latest kits from the factory (to bring it up to match the current design at the time), then upgraded it with their hydraulic kit for the turn capabilities.  So, I kind of paid as I went.  I'm on the road, but when I get home Friday I can look up all the costs.  If memory serves, by the time I was done with it, to purchase a new one matching what I had would have been around four grand.  Their latest ones are all hydraulic.  Mine uses an electric actuator to lift the plow and for down pressure, so my hydraulics only manipulate the angle of the blade.

I had mine mounted on my Bush Hog brand UTV and used it for two Winters before I ended up buying a Boss plow for my pickup truck.  The Blackline plow has just been sitting in my lean-to for the last three years since I put the plow on my pickup.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks. Very helpful.

Now its time to get to work
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top