Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/21/2016 12:51:03 AM EDT
Because fuck you if you had anything to do with the C18.  What kind of cum-guzzling, syphilitic bottom sets everything up so that the dipstick tube can only be replaced by fucking pulling the turbo?

I hope you fall onto an AIDS infested needle while getting pegged by a 80 year old whore trying to make money for her next insulin fix.  And, while I'm at it, fuck the asshole at Cat that decided that the dipstick for the C18 powered equipment you sold us was marked wrong, and made your own "full" mark by using wire cutters on the stick.  You, and only you, are the reason this whole shit-show started in the first place.  Right now, I'm hoping your wife is getting railed by the only bisexual, herpes infested black man in our area, while you're forced to sit in the corner with a ball gag in your mouth and a Tabasco covered butt plug in your ass as you give your meager 2" slow tugs with tears running down your cheeks.

Fuck.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#1]
7/10

More points if you could give us an MS paint photo
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:59:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
7/10

More paints if you could give us an MS paint photo
View Quote

If I was that artistic, I'd be balls deep in crazy 20 year old right now, instead of stressing out about a fucking 836H being INOP.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:00:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Same old tired rant .5/10

Syphilitic, cum, black men, aids, wife, ball gag, etc.

Blah, blah, blah...
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:05:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Blah, blah, blah...
View Quote

Found one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:21:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Lol, good rant.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:25:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lol, good rant.
View Quote

Seriously, WTF?

It seems like every fucking repair that should take 30 minutes is designed to take 10 times that amount.  I mean, I totally get the idea behind being able to charge the end-user retarded rates for call-outs and shop time, but it seems like cat doesn't quite get that for the majority of consumers, those are an absolute last resort.  Shit's killing a small city's landfill, mang.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:26:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I have knowledge of the C-13 and the C-15, Only as a previous driver though.

Great engines!
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:29:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't worry, if he hasn't already been laid off already he will be soon...

Additional Caterpillar layoffs announced Dec. 14th
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:30:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have knowledge of the C-13 and the C-15, Only as a previous driver though.

Great engines!
View Quote

I'm not disputing the quality of the engine, rather the intelligence of design.

I wouldn't expect an operator to know the difference, though.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:32:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don't worry, if he hasn't already been laid off already he will be soon...

Additional Caterpillar layoffs announced Dec. 14th
View Quote

Doesn't surprise me.  Our brand spanking new 390 excavator was made in Brazil.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:33:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Do you know what ACERT stands for?

Another
Cat
Engineer
Requires
Training

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:41:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:43:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My son says he likes where the dipstick is located. Seems it might cause people to hire a actual mechanic from CAT thereby CAT making money and his stock going up.

He's only 1 1/2 years old but he will need to retire someday.
View Quote

If your son has stock in CAT, he might consider relocating it into a more promising company, like DeLorean.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:51:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Cat sucks giant yellow cocks . The sales guy gave our corporate fucks a jacket and a blowjob and instead of Cummins which were reliable and cheap they sucked up 3 years of 4316 and C-7's . Let's start , As with the C-18 rant above ,. Cat is unable to make a functional fucking dipstick.  A fucking water pump is an all day job on a Cat it is  pull the fan belt and 3 bolts and done on a small Cummins.. Cat injectors and pump cost as much as a rebuilt engine on a Cummins . Cat warranty service is shit as well . 1 engine broke rings at 3,000 miles again at 56,000 and again at 96,000 Cat admits they had a piston problem but said fuck you on number 3 . Cummins as long as it was in time limit would repair it and would work with you on partial repairs when it was out of warranty .  As soon as warranty ended Cat treated you like a fucking stranger even if you had 800 of the fucking things . They single handedly almost bankrupted the company . The company is still running older trucks and has been scrapping newer trucks as the Cat makes them not cost effective to repair and they are too stupid to repower with Cummins . I looked at doing it when the Cats were new and started blowing up
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:55:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cat sucks giant yellow cocks . The sales guy gave our corporate fucks a jacket and a blowjob and instead of Cummins which were reliable and cheap they sucked up 3 years of 4316 and C-7's . Let's start , As with the C-18 rant above ,. Cat is unable to make a functional fucking dipstick.  A fucking water pump is an all day job on a Cat it is  pull the fan belt and 3 bolts and done on a small Cummins.. Cat injectors and pump cost as much as a rebuilt engine on a Cummins . Cat warranty service is shit as well . 1 engine broke rings at 3,000 miles again at 56,000 and again at 96,000 Cat admits they had a piston problem but said fuck you on number 3 . Cummins as long as it was in time limit would repair it and would work with you on partial repairs when it was out of warranty .  As soon as warranty ended Cat treated you like a fucking stranger even if you had 800 of the fucking things . They single handedly almost bankrupted the company . The company is still running older trucks and has been scrapping newer trucks as the Cat makes them not cost effective to repair and they are too stupid to repower with Cummins . I looked at doing it when the Cats were new and started blowing up
View Quote

We have some 740C trucks.  When they were delivered to us, the salesfag said, " about 1 in 10 have had problems with the transmission."  We've had 66% shit the transmission.  Thankfully before warranty was up..

Seriously, stop using the consumer as a fucking test bed.  Or, I guess, continue and expect a bailout or to go out of business
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:41:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm not disputing the quality of the engine, rather the intelligence of design.

I wouldn't expect an operator to know the difference, though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We have some 740C trucks.  When they were delivered to us, the salesfag said, " about 1 in 10 have had problems with the transmission."  We've had 66% shit the transmission.  Thankfully before warranty was up..

Seriously, stop using the consumer as a fucking test bed.  Or, I guess, continue and expect a bailout or to go out of business
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live just a few miles from the proving grounds for them, winter I can see across the valley and watch them go in circles, dig a hole, fill a hole. They do this 24x7x364 a year.

I used to work at Big Yellow, not as an engineer, so sorry, not my fault

But yeah they are building more overseas, using more entry level people, and seems when I was there it was meeting after meeting, never did any work (I was in marketing analyzing web traffic).

I recall hearing lots of people bitching about the quality dropping, especially on Fakebook, funny, they would delete or send them a hat...

I left a week before they started the major layouts and firings, I know a few folks still there, seems everyone is on pins and needles.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I went to the local CAT dealer for the first time and was amazed at the display of jackets, hats, toys, etc. Reminded me of a Harley dealership!

And; crazy prices for service manuals! I bought a D3 dozer with an engine problem as a fix-up project. Not going to spend $300+ for a manual.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I went to the local CAT dealer for the first time and was amazed at the display of jackets, hats, toys, etc. Reminded me of a Harley dealership!

And; crazy prices for service manuals! I bought a D3 dozer with an engine problem as a fix-up project. Not going to spend $300+ for a manual.
View Quote

Aren't all their manuals available free online?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Cat is just another company that essentially counterfeits own products in china, then sells in US like it's still a USA product. Nothing but a cheap-assed made in china POS with a lable.

Big yellow, big sucks. Spend 24hrs around peoria, il to see how great they are. Empty factories, 10's of thousands fired, nothing but talk from the suits in charge but no substance. Unless it's even more layoffs and pay raises for them.

Edit - doubtful there are any cat engineers here in the States, all they have a phony engineers in india / china that can't build a simple stairstep without putting lives at risk.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#21]

I could feel your pain in your words.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just like JD too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#23]
As an Engineer at a Tier 1 Cat supplier, 10/10, good rant! 
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#24]
I am working on a sub component for cat.  The spec list is one of the most detailed specifications i have ever seen.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#25]
I like cats, had a nice fluffy black one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#26]
"what's wrong with c18's? I own 3 c18's."
"I notice you don't spend much time working on them."
"Not sure which machines have them."
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#27]
You post this the day AFTER I sign paperwork on a pair of C18 ACERTS
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm with you also. damn C15 acert engines and what cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit came up with the PROSTAR series of International.

Added some Christmas vacation in there to make it a little more cheerful.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:49:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You post this the day AFTER I sign paperwork on a pair of C18 ACERTS
View Quote

No MTU? I'd have a hard time not buying some series 60's unless they were just not enough power. I own or have owned 5 in trucks, and am looking for number 6. ACERT on-road sucks, especially with EPA-2007 emissions. It caused CAT to exit the heavy duty on-road market completely. You shouldn't have the emissions problems, and hey, with two engines, at least you have a spare! Good luck with the new yacht. 
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Because fuck you if you had anything to do with the C18.  What kind of cum-guzzling, syphilitic bottom sets everything up so that the dipstick tube can only be replaced by fucking pulling the turbo?

I hope you fall onto an AIDS infested needle while getting pegged by a 80 year old whore trying to make money for her next insulin fix.  And, while I'm at it, fuck the asshole at Cat that decided that the dipstick for the C18 powered equipment you sold us was marked wrong, and made your own "full" mark by using wire cutters on the stick.  You, and only you, are the reason this whole shit-show started in the first place.  Right now, I'm hoping your wife is getting railed by the only bisexual, herpes infested black man in our area, while you're forced to sit in the corner with a ball gag in your mouth and a Tabasco covered butt plug in your ass as you give your meager 2" slow tugs with tears running down your cheeks.

Fuck.
View Quote

I can rant about cat all day long.

In the end, they lost a 2.6m bidding contract because of their bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#31]
We used to make a ton of castings for CAT.
Now we make a handful, and they pay out the nose for them, because they don't want to hold inventory.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We used to make a ton of castings for CAT.
Now we make a handful, and they pay out the nose for them, because they don't want to hold inventory.
View Quote

CAT isn't buying too many castings these days.  CAT loves inventory, as long as it isn't on their books 
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Nice rant.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, if you don't mind piracy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#35]
C18 in a 836H, you don't need to remove the turbo to remove the dipstick and tube. Remove a couple of clamps, unscrew from the pan, pull it up and then wiggle it out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Can you just put some gorilla tape on it?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Blah, blah, blah...
View Quote

yep.  The exaggerated coarseness is becoming passé.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
C18 in a 836H, you don't need to remove the turbo to remove the dipstick and tube. Remove a couple of clamps, unscrew from the pan, pull it up and then wiggle it out.
View Quote

Removing was easy.  It was already broken.

Also, not threaded into the pan.  O-ring fit into block.  Behind the oil and transmission cooler.  There is no way of putting the new tube in without pulling the turbo.  There's a foot of tubing below the fitting, and about 2.5 feet above before the tube bends to the right.  We can pull the turbo, or we can pull the oil and transmission coolers, and then still probably pull the turbo because of clearance issues.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

yep.  The exaggerated coarseness is becoming passé.
View Quote

Trust me, my distaste for the way some things are designed isn't "exaggerated."
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Have two cat 143 series sitting at the yard. The clutches need adjusted but takes a computer to adjust from within. Both at about 2k hrs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And, while I'm at it, fuck the asshole at Cat that decided that the dipstick for the C18 powered equipment you sold us was marked wrong, and made your own "full" mark by using wire cutters on the stick. 
View Quote
Often times, dipsticks are marked for the specific installation on industrial diesel engines.  I was working with a couple Cummins QSK60s that looked like the dipsticks were marked by scratching it with an old drywall screw.  Same with some Cat 3516s.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Often times, dipsticks are marked for the specific installation on industrial diesel engines.  I was working with a couple Cummins QSK60s that looked like the dipsticks were marked by scratching it with an old drywall screw.  Same with some Cat 3516s.
View Quote

After my outfit bought this Compactor, a Catholic technician came out and marked the "correct" level himself. The mark was on both sides of the stick, and before the stick broke at that mark, I always thought it looked suspiciously like wire cutters were used.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#43]
NOT a CAT design engineer, but do work for a competitor.

First, why do you need to replace the dipstick tube?  Most likely the engineer that designed it designed it to be put on during the manufacturing process well before the turbos and other parts, and it was never intended to be replaced until a complete rebuild.   Dipstick tubes generally don't break from normal use.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
NOT a CAT design engineer, but do work for a competitor.

First, why do you need to replace the dipstick tube?  Most likely the engineer that designed it designed it to be put on during the manufacturing process well before the turbos and other parts, and it was never intended to be replaced until a complete rebuild.   Dipstick tubes generally don't break from normal use.
View Quote

Landfill work is far outside of "normal use."

Trash gets everywhere in the machines.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I can tell you've never pulled the steering valve off a 657E or pulled the main hydraulic valve from a D10 dozer.
The hydraulic system in the 657E runs so hot they cook the orings/seals.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Engineers got bigger fish to fry before making something easy for service. 

Sucks, but that's just how it is. 
View Quote

I'm sure they do.

But, I still hate them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Pretty much anything diesel = stupid. It's better to just let the shit leak unless it's running out in a steady stream. Highway trucks it's like ten pounds of shit stuffed in a five pound bag weather it's Cat. shit, Detroit shit or Cummins shit. None of it's designed for the the truck it's failing miserably in. It was put in there as an afterthought.  You can get the same two pieces of frame rail with a Frightliner or Inthetrashinal cab and whatever fricken engine / trans combo they can fit in there with no regard whatsoever how efficiently it can be repaired or maintained later. It's basically disposable, run it about five years then get it out of the fleet is the most efficient way to maintain it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#49]
There have been dipstick tube that have been updated from metal to flexible plastic. Easy to install and more durable. Not sure if a BDX updates to the plastic one.

Landfill equipment wears out twice as fast as other equipment. I have dome a few complete rebuilds on 836H and 826Gs.

not running, stripped to a bare frame and rebuilt.

12 weeks later.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There have been dipstick tube that have been updated from metal to flexible plastic. Easy to install and more durable. Not sure if a BDX updates to the plastic one.

Landfill equipment wears out twice as fast as other equipment. I have dome a few complete rebuilds on 836H and 826Gs.

not running, stripped to a bare frame and rebuilt.
http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/lee-online1/equipment/836h_zps0ggnooch.jpg

12 weeks later.
http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/lee-online1/equipment/836h%202_zpsrgjlekiz.jpg
View Quote

Our parts manual got us the metal one. Bummer.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top