Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2016 3:34:08 PM EDT
Another Arfcommer and I were having a talk at work the other night, about the different types of interchangeable accessories. I stated that despite all the hooplah about which interchangeable system is better, I had never actually swapped any of my accessories between rifles. For any thought I may have put into which is better, Keymod or M-Lok, I could have used screws and Loctite on those accessories and it wouldn't have mattered since I've never taken them off the guns they are on!

If you have AR15 accessories (Picatinny, Keymod, M-Lok, etc.) that actually get moved back and forth between different rifles, which accessories are they and how often are you switching them between rifles?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Thus far, I have never moved any accessory from one rifle to another once I have decided where it was going to live (which is at the time of buying said accessory).
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a travelling Aimpoint PRO that will get moved from rifle to rifle since I don't have enough red dots to go around for range toys.

Once I have a rifle tweaked the way I like it, it tends to stay as-is.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#3]
B5 enhanced sopmod has been switched from my DDM4v1 to my new build-in-progress and back again a couple times... does that count? 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll swap red dots and magnifiers between things now and then. Mostly magnifiers.

I'll swap forward grips or remove for zero'ing. Will put on and take off a short pic rail attachment for using a bipod just when zero'ing.

Some of my lights get swapped based on what I'm doing. I'll put a long range streamlight on when coyote hunting and then afterwards put an inforce back on.

Only issue is I have keymod, mloc, and 1913 so normally just use a pic rail attachment on each.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
B5 enhanced sopmod has been switched from my DDM4v1 to my new build-in-progress and back again a couple times... does that count? 
View Quote

Fuck no it don't, go buy another stock and quit being a cheap ass!
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fuck no it don't, go buy another stock and quit being a cheap ass!
View Quote

MOE SL is in the mail... 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Bipods are the only accessories I can honestly say get "swapped" between finished rifles.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I move a surefire and forward grip around all the time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I swap forward grip, bipod, and weaponlight between my hunting 6.8 and my home defense or favorite range gun.  Not trying to buy multiple $75 harris bipods when they will just sit in the safe.  

I also have only thress slings, one for fud rifles, one w/ HK clip, and one for QD sockets.  These fit all my long guns.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#10]
ACOG, ir laser, Inforce WML, Geiselle SD3G.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Bipod and slings.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bipod and slings.
View Quote

This, QD makes it a breeze.

Also suppressors and my IR light for NV use.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#13]
stocks, hand guards and pistol grips on occasion
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top