Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2016 9:42:00 AM EDT
51 available and I got two of them after waiting in line from 9pm to 8am...

GFYRITPFNMEOTAMPWILFH...

Even though I finally got two of them, kcolg30 does not approve of your supply and demand tactics...

No wonder why people emu on the pie. They anit got no time fo dat.

My only advice to you NINTENDO people is don't F.UP again the supply and demand when you introduce the next version.

I hope your Switch fails just like the U. 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

GFYRITPFNMEOTAMPWILFH...

Even though I finally got two of them, kcolg30 does not approve of your supply and demand tactics...

My only advice to you NINTENDO people is don't F.UP again the supply and demand when you introduce the next version.

View Quote

11 hours...?  C'mon man.  You don't have to have it RFN.  You could have waited a couple of weeks and walked in anytime you wanted and pulled'em off the shelf.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

11 hours...?  C'mon man.  You don't have to have it RFN.  You could have waited a couple of weeks and walked in anytime you wanted and pulled'em off the shelf.
View Quote

No kidding.  But who am I to judge how someone wastes their time?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Nintendo didn't fuck up. This was intentional.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
How were they supposed to know this many people would be interested in their shitty PIE EMU. Seriously Nintendo has always be some what conservative on first batches. Even Xbox and ps4s were had to get on day 1.

That said I got one day 1 after seeing people waiting in line at target, ran to GameStop bought one and sold it on eBay for $206. Neck beard style
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What is it?
View Quote

NES Classic Edition.  Has like 30 games pre installed.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not likely, it's the same thing with every console launch and takes about 6 months before they are regularly seen on store shelves.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nintendo didn't fuck up. This was intentional.
View Quote

How so, 

If I saw one in the wild I might grab one. But I sure a shit am not hunting one down.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Nintendo NES mini
Mini NES preloaded with 30 games. No duck hunter no way to add games. $65.

My other thought was it was intentional to drum up their name for the switch release. Still think they didn't know most remakes like this have been complete fails ie: the Sega one
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nintendo NES mini
Mini NES preloaded with 30 games. No duck hunter no way to add games. $65.

My other thought was it was intentional to drum up their name for the switch release. Still think they didn't know most remakes like this have been complete fails ie: the Sega one
View Quote

I have to imagine someone will figure out how to hack it and put every NES game on one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Let me guess, you waited all night so you could resell them on Amazon for $300.

You know, there are these things called jobs that could make you a lot more money than that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#12]
play last minute games win last minute prizes.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GFYRITPFNMEOTAMPWILFH...

My understanding is that they are only making it for a limited time. It is not like they are going to make them for years like the original NES. This is a niche product. They are focused on the SWITCH. If
i did not get it now, it most likly will not be avalaible next year.

FNINTENDO...
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You know, there are these things called jobs that could make you a lot more money than that.
View Quote

Shit... Like $400 for 11 hours work ain't bad at all. Better than a lot of "real" jobs.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#15]
People have already taken them apart and said it wasn't possible. Plus its just better all around to build your own pitendo. To each his own though. I'm glad Nintendo made a hit console,
they've been struggling.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a real job. However I am on vacation until the 3rd...

I had some free time to spare. And no I am not going to sell them. Both are now connected via HDMI upstairs and down stairs...
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#17]
They didn't mess up supply. How else would there be any demand to pay for a game emulator you can legally download for free from multiple sources? 

I bet 2/3rds of the people who buy them will play for 5 minutes and suddenly remember how crappie most NES games were... 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They didn't mess up supply. How else would there be any demand to pay for a game emulator you can legally download for free from multiple sources? 

I bet 2/3rds of the people who buy them will play for 5 minutes and suddenly remember how crappie most NES games were... 
View Quote

Why would NES games be a fish?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Why would NES games be a fish?
View Quote

Shush. I just woke up 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#20]
30 games?  If it were 300 games, I might be interested.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#21]
On a serious note, which controller are you guys using on this new system. I am interested in either a Wi-Fi controller or some other comparable type controller that has a longer cable. Also if I have to go the extension route which extensions seem to work best.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#22]
they'll be readily available after Christmas
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I just don't understand why you people are getting so upset.  Go to Amazon, buy this, and you'll have every NES, SNES, Genesis, etc game ever made.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just don't understand why you people are getting so upset.  Go to Amazon, buy this, and you'll have every NES, SNES, Genesis, etc game ever made.
View Quote

I gotta build it myself?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I gotta build it myself?
View Quote

There's nothing to "build."

The only assembly is to flash retropie onto an micro sd card, put the card in the pi board, and lay the board into the case.   Boom.   Assembled.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#26]
The nostalgia wore off for me after 1 FUCKING HOUR. I have not touched mine since the day I got it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top