Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2016 9:16:22 AM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Better watch your step while out in the woods.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Snakes are dumb creatures. Kill themselves more than liberals did after Trump won.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I knew it was going to be Florida...

I was walking around the Morikami Museum (Japanese gardens) grounds the other day. There were iguanas all over the place. Big ones. I really don't understand the whole thought process of "oh I'm tired of my pet fill in the blank I think I'll let it go in the wild.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]

I will take a few human deaths before florida wakes the fuck up and does the right thing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

What do you thinks in this one. 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Podesta?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Podesta?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Podesta?

Or one of his pizza orders
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Watch my step in the woods. LOL, no, we have something called "cold" around here. Cold kills pythons quick, fast, and in a hurry.

We have our issues, but giant snakes won't be one of them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I will take a few human deaths before florida wakes the fuck up and does the right thing.
View Quote

Sounds like some other problems faced on a regular basis.  How many deaths does it take for people to really wake up?  More and more these days because there are more stupid people out there who just don't believe the facts, or just don't want to believe.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Is it dead?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

The right thing?  Like breading these things in mass to eat stupid people?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#14]
NOPE
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Thank you for reminding me why I live in Iowa.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

What's the story behind that one?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's the "human" illegal immigrants who have been killing people, and not those snakes.

I'd worry about doing the right thing regarding them first, but those snakes definitely need to be eradicated too.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a ball python since he was a baby. He is still small around 3 1/2 feet. He now eats small rats. First time I fed him I said OMG there is no way that little snake can eat this rat. It was swallowed whole and gone before I knew it. What they can eat will amaze you
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not possible to get rid of them all. Best option is just kill on sight and open up National Park for unlimited eradication of non native species. The fuckin park service only allows a short window for the annual snake hunt. Should be year round for anyone that has interest on any Federal or State lands. Could limit firearms to .22lr or 410 shot gun to keep the tree Huggers happy.

Cold is our best weapon. It puts a good hurtin on em. Although it only gets cold enough, long enough once every several years. Last good 3 day cold snap we had took out thousands of Iguanas and untold numbers of tropical snakes. City parks had dead iguanas lying all over. A few always survive and it starts over.

Many years ago a 17'-19' Reticulated Python was caught under a house a block from the beach. Neighbor hood pets were disappearing. Fortunately no little kids got killed.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The right thing?  Like breading these things in mass to eat stupid people?
View Quote

YOU better watch out.....breeding is the correct spelling.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Watch my step in the woods. LOL, no, we have something called "cold" around here. Cold kills pythons quick, fast, and in a hurry.

View Quote

Yeah but the African rock python is more tolerant of the cold....and it can breed with the burmese...They may not spread where it snows but they may make it a lot further north...
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Scientists brought 10 Burmese pythons to South Carolina to test the validity of one study that said the snakes could survive as far north as Washington, D.C.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/amphtml/Science/2010/1024/Will-Florida-s-Burmese-pythons-move-north-How-far?client=ms-android-americamovil-us
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#23]
And 2 survived.  Then those find mates that also survived the cold snap, on and on.  Then you end up with a cold tolerant population.  Not good.  Evolution and life finds a way etc.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Needs more nuke from orbit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And 2 survived.  Then those find mates that also survived the cold snap, on and on.  Then you end up with a cold tolerant population.  Not good.  Evolution and life finds a way etc.
View Quote

An individual surviving is one thing, thriving is different.  Don't forget that when hurricane Andrew released the burms from the distributors' outdoor enclosures, it also released a ton of retics.

So, why haven't retics taken hold like the burms have in Florida?  They're just as voracious and fast growing.

It's because the retic  eggs have a longer incubation period - 86-95 days - compared to burms, which only need about 60 days to hatch out a clutch, and the climate doesn't allow for that long of an incubation period.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Scientists brought 10 Burmese pythons to South Carolina to test the validity of one study that said the snakes could survive as far north as Washington, D.C.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/amphtml/Science/2010/1024/Will-Florida-s-Burmese-pythons-move-north-How-far?client=ms-android-americamovil-us
View Quote

Could. But that's optimistic.

Once the temperature drops below freezing for a good spell, they go to the great Florida in the Sky.

You might get a population STARTED in the DC area, but they'd be lucky to survive several years.

NW Ohio? Shit man, one of our MILD winters would curb stomp their ass. They would be lucky for a viable population to survive significantly south of here, for more than a short time.

No worries about the woods. The cold will get me before some silly snake.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#28]
If I get ambushed by one of them things I hope I have time to pull a gun or knife before it wraps me up too much...
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Could. But that's optimistic.

Once the temperature drops below freezing for a good spell, they go to the great Florida in the Sky.

You might get a population STARTED in the DC area, but they'd be lucky to survive several years.

NW Ohio? Shit man, one of our MILD winters would curb stomp their ass. They would be lucky for a viable population to survive significantly south of here, for more than a short time.

No worries about the woods. The cold will get me before some silly snake.
View Quote

Didn't they find a largish python in an OH woods a couple years ago - dead as a mackeral since it was during and/or after winter.  Anyone recall that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top