Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/20/2016 3:45:29 AM EDT

I just watched part of his show on Comedy Central... does he use a 1970's laugh track? Serious, no matter what he says, there's a pause, laughter ensues no matter what is said. "Let's talk about domestic violence" PAUSE, laughter. WTF?

I thought Sarah Silverman wasn't funny until I saw his concert series. He stands there looking pissed off and no matter what he says, the audience roars with laughter. "I saw a car wreck today" ROARING LAUGHTER....

It must be damn easy to make a living as a 'comedian' nowadays, no talent needed. Rodney Dangerfield would be a billionaire in this environment.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:46:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I like him
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:46:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like him
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]
With the exception of Jimmy Fallon none of the current crop of late night hosts are funny.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:47:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Amy Schumer

Lena Dunham
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:50:07 AM EDT
[#5]
John Oliver

Bill Maher
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:50:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Tosh is pretty funny actually. Did he hurt your feels?

Eta: I haven't seen that stand up but I love his show.
I hate laugh tracks more than anything on TV
Also, I thought Ricky Gervais was funny (I loved his tv shows) until I watched his standup.. I was embarrassed for him
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:51:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Amy Schumer

Lena Dunham
View Quote

You may be right. I thought the idea of  "comedy" was to laugh...none of these have even made me smile. This is sad.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:52:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tosh is pretty funny actually. Did he hurt your feels?

Eta: I haven't seen that stand up but I love his show.
I hate laugh tracks more than anything on TV
View Quote

Watch his tour on Comedy Central and get back with me. The poor guy just isn't funny.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:52:45 AM EDT
[#9]
The Germans.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:55:14 AM EDT
[#10]
OP.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:55:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like him
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:55:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Tosh.o is hilarious.  I could never get into his stand-up though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:56:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP.
View Quote

Ha! Ok, I laughed at that!

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:58:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tosh.o is hilarious.  I could never get into his stand-up though.
View Quote

That's what I'm saying. The tv show is funny, his stand up isn't.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:03:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Haven't seen a stand-up of his in a long time, but his mannerisms and delivery always came off as the same shit over and over again.  Like Adam Sandler, you just know what voice he'll start using before he gets into it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:03:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Zee Germans.
View Quote

FIFY 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:13:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Amy Schumer

Lena Dunham
View Quote

I would lump him in that group.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:13:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Female comedians.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:14:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Tosh.O is funny on comedy central.

I dont like laugh tracks. Last Man Standing could be funny but the laugh tracks kill it for me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:15:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
With the exception of Jimmy Fallon none of the current crop of late night hosts are funny.
View Quote

Huh? Jimmy Fallon is scientifically proven to be the least funny person alive.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:18:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS024bwEp1OXTHDJytL--VeV-HN3SfeY6_JtVFadeRwZhzIy1mu

Haven't seen a stand-up of his in a long time, but his mannerisms and delivery always came off as the same shit over and over again.  Like Adam Sandler, you just know what voice he'll start using before he gets into it.
View Quote

Whatever man.  That B&E skit nearly murdered me with laughter.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:25:55 AM EDT
[#22]
He doesn't do it for me either.

Plus he looks like the guy who is always trying to get some from your or your best friends kid sister when you were 16.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:31:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS024bwEp1OXTHDJytL--VeV-HN3SfeY6_JtVFadeRwZhzIy1mu

View Quote

Dane Cook isnt funny at all. He is trying too hard. Iam glad Kevin Costner killed him.

Hollywood needs to make a Mr. Brooks 2

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#24]
He was willing to take the gig on their terms when nobody else of comedic stature would because CC is famous for micromanaging comics. About 15% of his live stand up jokes that he tours with are pretty funny. 15% are really bad and the rest are meh.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:51:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Before he died, Greg Giraldo would bitch to me about Dane whenever he was drinking. He hated him with a passion.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:51:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Dane Cook.

Tosh at least has his moments.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:02:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Like funny haha or funny queer?

Amy Schumer, Lena Dunham, is that cunt Samantha Bee supposed to be funny? John Stewart? Steve Colbert?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:18:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Trevor Noah
David Letterman
Steve Colbert
Carrot Top
Jim Carrey
Amy Schumer
90% of the non-original cast of SNL
Marty Allen: vile little man.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:21:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Tosh is an unfunny ass.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:25:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Is OP not aware we have a Tosh.O writer here.  I hope he makes OP famous – that would be damn funny.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:38:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah

Lots

I can see asking this question about someone hardly anyone thinks is funny but a lot of people think tosh is hilarious

Now if you had said someone like what's his name from "Full House", that would make sense. He is most definitely not funny
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:50:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ya beat me to it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Female comedians.
Ya beat me to it.

I think the problem there is the current crop of feminist "Women ARE Funny" comediennes, who simply are not funny.  (And their enabling sycophantic pandering political-SJW cucks like Paul Feig.)

I found Elaine Boosler funny (80s-90s), and Maria Bamford when she was doing standup in the 90s, and though I can't think of her name there was a Kiwi comedienne in the late 90s early 2000s with a hilarious bit about sheepfucking.

"In the States they say it's people in Arkansas fucking the sheep, in Arkansas they say the people in Alabama are fucking the sheep, in Alabama they say the people in Mississippi are fucking the sheep, in Montana they say the people in Idaho are fucking the sheep - in Europe the English say the Scots are fucking the sheep, the Scots say the Irish are fucking the sheep, the Irish say the Welsh are fucking the sheep - down under the Aussies say the Kiwis are fucking the sheep, we say the Aussies are fucking the sheep, and everybody knows the Tazzies are fucking the sheep... frankly I think it's the sheep who are sluts."

It's a great bit the way she tells it.  Wish I could remember her name.

Of course, none of those comediennes are the type to tell you that "women are funny" implying you must laugh at non-jokes or be a sexist... because nothing is funnier than listening to jokes from a self-appointed political correctness enforcement officer.  Which is also a problem with some of the male comedians listed in the thread.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah

Lots

I can see asking this question about someone hardly anyone thinks is funny but a lot of people think tosh is hilarious

Now if you had said someone like what's his name from "Full House", that would make sense. He is most definitely not funny
View Quote

If you mean Bob Saget, it depends on the material you get to hear.

He's infamous for having one of the worst versions of the Aristocrats joke, and being incredibly foul - and frequently funny - when not being tasked with family-friendly stuff - like Full House.

I always found him tragically unfunny due to Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos... until discovering he did some good standup.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:13:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Jerry Seinfeld.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Female comedians.
View Quote

The Vietnamese chick on Netflix is funny. To me anyway. Ali Wong.

Then again I'm married to a Vietnamese woman and everything she said was spot on, so I'm a little biased.

I also found myself laughing at Iliza Shlesinger a bit, and I hardly ever laugh at a female comic.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Like funny haha or funny queer?

Amy Schumer, Lena Dunham, is that cunt Samantha Bee supposed to be funny? John Stewart? Steve Colbert?
View Quote

that why i quit watching a couple of years ago, to much faggotry
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:48:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Jerry Seinfeld.
View Quote
Agreed.

That guy is about as funny as the obituaries. 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you mean Bob Saget, it depends on the material you get to hear.

He's infamous for having one of the worst versions of the Aristocrats joke, and being incredibly foul - and frequently funny - when not being tasked with family-friendly stuff - like Full House.

I always found him tragically unfunny due to Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos... until discovering he did some good standup.
View Quote

His movie, Farce of the Penguins, is great, too.
Here's a taste...
Farce of the Penguins Trailer
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#41]
James cordon
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Huh? Jimmy Fallon is scientifically proven to be the least funny person alive.
View Quote

But he was really good in that episode of Band of Brothers.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:31:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Bill Maher, right off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#44]
The stand up where he kicked out a couple of rude guys out of the front row was hilarious.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Watched him once, that was enough for me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The Germans.
View Quote

Robin Williams once said that he was on a German talk show, and the host asked for his opinion on why Germans have that reputation.

"Because you killed all of the funny people..."

I don't think he was asked back on that show.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:13:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Yes. You are less funny than Daniel Tosh.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Before he died, Greg Giraldo would bitch to me about Dane whenever he was drinking. He hated him with a passion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You knew Giraldo? Man he was inspired. Up there with Louis CK for me.

Tosh can get a laugh out of me. He's decent, usually, and far better than some of the others noted here (Schumer, Bee, etc.) I do have to be in the right mood for his brand of comedy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I like him
View Quote

I think he is funny.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:45:03 AM EDT
[#50]
He's my favorite comedian. The only special I haven't seen and loved is his very recent one.

ETA: I've seen People Pleaser and I loved that one too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top