Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2001 3:37:37 PM EDT
Will be going on a seven-day business trip to Zimbabwe via South Africa in three weeks. After the trip, I'm considering staying a few extra days in either country, though I think I'd like South Africa more.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on cool things to do around Johannesburg? Is there any hunting or shooting one can do around there? [?]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Will be going on a seven-day business trip to Zimbabwe via South Africa in three weeks. After the trip, I'm considering staying a few extra days in either country, though I think I'd like South Africa more.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on cool things to do around Johannesburg? Is there any hunting or shooting one can do around there? [?]
View Quote

forgive me if i am wrong, but my understanding is that sa is more gun grabbing than us. Johannesburg, by my recolection has an extremely high crime rate. and the civilians are (understandably) anti white since the new gov't took over.

but i could be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Two words: "Dumbo" and ".577 Tyranosaur".

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
And a can of peanuts under a streetlight.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
 Best thing to do in RSA and Zimbabwe?  STAY OUT!!!  Read World Sitrep at www.sofmag.com, don't know how to do the link thing........
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
 Best thing to do in RSA and Zimbabwe?  STAY OUT!!!  Read World Sitrep at www.sofmag.com, don't know how to do the link thing........
View Quote

I took a look at the SOF site but didn't see anything mentioned about either country. As for the print edition of the magazine, you've got to remember that like most U.S. monthlies, it's got a two- or three-month lead time so it's not extremely timely. Do appreciate the heads-up, though. However, since I'm going there on business anyway, I figure I might as well try to enjoy myself after business has concluded--and why not try to do some shooting or hunting or whatever? Maybe PMP offers tours and/or gives free samples? [;)]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe PMP offers tours and/or gives free samples? [;)]
View Quote

bring back acouple milion rounds for us ar15.com members huh..  heheheheheheh [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top