Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2016 4:26:10 PM EDT
http://thefederalist.com/2016/12/16/running-data-politifact-shows-bias-conservatives/

Even outside of Trump, PolitiFact seems to assign this rating particularly unevenly. During the 2012 election season, PolitiFact assigned Mitt Romney 19 “Pants on Fire” ratings. For comparison, for every single Democrat combined from 2007-2016 the “Pants on Fire” rating was only assigned 25 times.

This seems to indicate Romney wasn’t just a liar, but an insane, raving liar, spewing malicious deceit at every possible opportunity. In the mere two years he was in the spotlight as a Republican presidential nominee, Romney somehow managed to rival the falsehoods told by the entire party of Democrats over the course of a decade. Or it is possible that PolitiFact has a slant in their coverage.

Romney did not strike me as a particularly egregious liar, nor has Hillary Clinton struck me as the single most honest politician to run for president in the last 10 years. Take a moment, a deep breath, and ponder this: If we decide we’re okay using PolitiFact’s aggregate fact-checking to declare Republicans to be most dishonest than Democrats, we have also committed ourselves to a metric in which Hillary Clinton is more honest than Barack Obama.
View Quote

Whenever you see the “Republicans Lie More Than Democrats” headline, whether it is in The Atlantic, the New York Times, Politico, or Salon, you’ll find that the data to support this claim comes from PolitiFact’s aggregate truth metrics. Using collective data instead of individual cases lets PolitiFact gloss over individual articles that delivered a questionable rating, comparable situations for two speakers that PolitiFact treated differently, biased selection of facts, and instances in which PolitiFact made an editorial decision to check one speaker over another.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Nice article that goes in depth about the bias. Useful link to send to folks, maybe
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The lawyer party is soooo honest.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:33:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Wow!  Look at that.  Hillary is pure as the driven snow, and Trump is literally Hitler.  I am shocked shocked I tell you.  Never would have believed it until this unbiased poll convinced me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top