Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2016 12:08:39 PM EDT
I notice there are not too many of them left around here.  It used to be there was a good taxidermy shop on every corner.  You could just walk in there any time during business hours and drop of your trophy head to get mounted.  

Now you have to call the one or two guys around who do it and ask if they can accommodate you and then set up a time for an appointment.  This means you need someplace to keep your trophy head frozen or cool for however many days it takes before appointment.

Taxidermy seems like a difficult and time consuming practice.  I can see why the art is falling by the wayside.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Humblebrag here. I've got so many big bucks on my walls that I quit having them mounted many years ago. I've ran out of room to hang antlers at this point. One of the benefits of having acreage in SE Ohio and all the time to hunt that I want to. And I want to a lot.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
No shortage in AR.  I've have several options.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#3]
No, there are plenty of people willing to do taxidermy around here. The problem is, many of them are self taught hacks.

The real problem is finding a GOOD taxidermist, then affording it.

If you find an inexpensive taxidermist that can get your mount back to you in a couple months or less, you might want to look somewhere else.

As far as setting up an appointment to drop off a head? That's crazy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top