Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2016 11:13:15 AM EDT
Do you get any weird CL responses for items you have for sale?

I have several items up and I get a ton of "Is the item still available?" or "Is the table still available?" naming the item specifically. Many of these responses com into my spam box, which I've read isn't all that uncommon. Still a little unsettling. If I answer back I rarely get another response.

Other times I get responses naming the specific item and asking a mundane question such as the size of the item I have for sale. I'm thinking these have to be real people, so I measure and send them a response. Yet again, I rarely get another response. WTf?

What is the game here? What info are they gleaning from me? How do you guys play this type of thing if you use CL?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a google voice number and only respond to txt messages... it seems to cut down on the BS quite a bit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe the info wasn't to their liking.   I.e. table was too big or small for what they wanted, etc.

With Craigslist a buyer may be emailing lots of sellers about items and may simply forget to respond, or not care enough to respond.

Not everything is a phishing attempt, a lot of folks are just busy and after some specific item.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top