Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2016 10:01:33 AM EDT
When I first posted here a year ago I was met with a warm welcome and had a lot of great interaction with all of you. I hope my videos have brought you the info needed to make informed purchases. But I can no longer support a site that openly extorts me for money.

Earlier this month I posted a thread in the 50CAL section sharing my "Ultimate 50BMG Giveaway". Many of you know that most of the companies I work with on YouTube have agreed to giveaway a model of whatever I'm reviewing. So, we just did a simple giveaway of a AR50, 200rds of 50BMG, a Cerakote Job, 50BMG gong, and a rear bag. The winner was a 26 year old Marine Vet. This is on top of the 5 suppressors I have given away already and we have 6 more this month to giveaway. It's one way I give back to our community, besides the charity shoots I do that are open to the public.

I just received a PM from an admin saying I must pay them or change my screen name. This is in reference to the attention I brought to the 50 BMG giveaway so no forum members missed it.

I already have a paid membership to support this site and actually just paid for another year. But now they say I must have a dealer account which of course, costs much more $. This site has a very bad reputation across the internet and I still gave it a shot. The members here in the NFA section are good to go and I thank you for the conversation over the last year. But I can not do business with a site that extorts a YouTube channel and treats them as a dealer. HKPro and NFATalk pulled the same crap, guess where I no longer visit.

Thanks for your time,
NFA Review Channel

P.S. For those of you that want daily updates and info on the giveaway you can find them on my Facebook page.

SCREEN CAP OF PM
[/URL]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#1]
We have a bad reputation?
Sorry about your trouble.   Seriously.
Given your post, surely there can be some middle ground where you can achieve your goals and not be a dealer.  Have you asked?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Sad to see you leave, but I completely understand your point.
Luckily I already follow you on the other media locations, so I will see you over there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats ARFCOM for ya.  All about the freedoms you can afford just ask half the members here.

ETA: however if you paint enough graffiti on my wall I will eventually charge you advertising space.  So all other things aside I get it.

ETAA: who else knows about us besides the DU?  I'll be happy we got any cred at all.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#4]
That's messed up, a YouTube giveaway is not being a dealer IMO.
ETA: I was following your YouTube channel before you became a member here and will continue to do so. Don't forget NOT to leave those of us out of the giveaways that don't have facebook.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for everything, OP.  Sucks it went this way.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#6]
That's pretty fucked up.  I'm totally with you man, best wishes, and I know where to find you.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When I first posted here a year ago I was met with a warm welcome and had a lot of great interaction with all of you. I hope my videos have brought you the info needed to make informed purchases. But I can no longer support a site that openly extorts me for money.

Earlier this month I posted a thread in the 50CAL section sharing my "Ultimate 50BMG Giveaway". Many of you know that most of the companies I work with on YouTube have agreed to giveaway a model of whatever I'm reviewing. So, we just did a simple giveaway of a AR50, 200rds of 50BMG, a Cerakote Job, 50BMG gong, and a rear bag. The winner was a 26 year old Marine Vet. This is on top of the 5 suppressors I have given away already and we have 6 more this month to giveaway. It's one way I give back to our community, besides the charity shoots I do that are open to the public.

I just received a PM from an admin saying I must pay them or change my screen name. This is in reference to the attention I brought to the 50 BMG giveaway so no forum members missed it.

I already have a paid membership to support this site and actually just paid for another year. But now they say I must have a dealer account which of course, costs much more $. This site has a very bad reputation across the internet and I still gave it a shot. The members here in the NFA section are good to go and I thank you for the conversation over the last year. But I can not do business with a site that extorts a YouTube channel and treats them as a dealer. HKPro and NFATalk pulled the same crap, guess where I no longer visit.

Thanks for your time,
NFA Review Channel

P.S. For those of you that want daily updates and info on the giveaway you can find them on my Facebook page.

SCREEN CAP OF PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/Firefighter1291/Screen%20Shot%202016-12-19%20at%206.43.11%20AM_zpsy6uay2sq.png[/URL]
View Quote

You are advertising your business on their site, right?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Rules are rules I guess
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Hit up Google for the definition of 'freeloader".
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gee those meanies wouldn't let you advertise to generate clicks and make money for free? 
View Quote

And how do all the industry partners who are paying for the privilege feel about someone being allowed to advertise for free?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Gee those meanies wouldn't let you advertise to generate clicks and make money for free? 
View Quote

I was going to ask if it ever occurred to him maybe the people hosting the forum want a cut if you're using the forum to advertise his channel.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We have a bad reputation?
View Quote

Of course we do. That's why we're here.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#14]
So there is a  way to get a username change!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Of course we do. That's why we're here.  
View Quote

Damn skippy!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#16]
That sucks, hate to see you go man.  Your photos are always fantastic.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#17]
While I feel you were doing a lot of nice things, I can absolutely see why they wouldn't allow it for at least two good reasons.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Jees even Crowder paid the fee to advertise.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Fuuuck...sorry to see you go, amigo.

This whole dealer thing is so chickenshit and we lose so much talent like Battlecloth and others that benefit team members.  But their ball, their rules, I guess...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#20]
OP, you should monetize your Youtube channel.  You can make decent money on there.  Some people even do it for a full time job.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm sure op won't mind advertising AR15.com in all his YouTube videos. For free of course.

Also, never heard of this user until this thread.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#22]
this site is like a frat house that im not part of and never have been.  i come here only because there is more traffic than the other sites i like.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Their website their rules?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Hate to see you go as well but there's a price for everything. If you choose not to pay it I can't fault you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL....I remember the member that was always posting hog hunts pics he was "involved" in.

A member I know contacted him and come to find out he was booking hog hunts. I always thought his pics looked way too good to be some regular Joe six-pack just out slaughtering Texas pigs.

I've not seen him post in a couple of years so maybe staff caught up with him.

FSA is everywhere. The way I see it is if a member posting a product, service, or link to their business they need to pony-up the fee to help keep the lights on.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thanks for your time,
NFA Review Channel

SCREEN CAP OF PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/Firefighter1291/Screen%20Shot%202016-12-19%20at%206.43.11%20AM_zpsy6uay2sq.png[/URL]
View Quote

You're literally advertising on the dime of the admin. Why is that so hard to understand?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was my first thought too. When I wanted to get rid of / modify the "2007" part of my name, all I heard was crickets.

Now they're practically insisting for a name change!

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Unfortunately this is the attitude that some YT streamers have, an entitlement one. They think that because they have an X amount of viewers that their opinion is higher than others and that they can make or break a product by their lonesome. OP seems to think that this site and others he has left behind will fall because a lack of his presence....
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Welcome to ARFCOM all your clicks are belong to us.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Never heard of you, but it's always a good sign when you start out by trashing the site with a woe-is-me sob story
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Unfortunately this is the attitude that some YT streamers have, an entitlement one. They think that because they have an X amount of viewers that their opinion is higher than others and that they can make or break a product by their lonesome. OP seems to think that this site and others he has left behind will fall because a lack of his presence....https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif
View Quote

Most "YTers" piss me off with their "put money in my pocket!" attitude so I have never subscribed to ANY channel and never will.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#32]
There are dozens of guys that post their Youtube channels. Gear reviews, ballistic results, gun reviews, all that shit.  There is at least one long time poster that has click-bait threads that go back to his blog. 

CHRIS
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You are advertising your business on their site, right?
View Quote

This.

You need to be a dealer, just like Crowder. You're using the site to generate revenue
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Most "YTers" piss me off with their "put money in my pocket!" attitude so I have never subscribed to ANY channel and never will.
View Quote

The only one I really subscribe to anymore.
He's good people, and a member on here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:44:36 AM EDT
[#35]
So you try to make cash off this membership by using this site as a click-generating medium and are upset that this site wants you to pay to advertise your moneymaker?  No wai!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Fuuuck...sorry to see you go, amigo.

This whole dealer thing is so chickenshit and we lose so much talent like Battlecloth and others that benefit team members.  But their ball, their rules, I guess...
View Quote

I would sadly have to agree with this though.
Then we have dealers like Mark that use this place as their own pissing ground and it's tolerated, with only slaps on the wrist.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#37]
C'est la vie
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You're literally advertising on the dime of the admin. Why is that so hard to understand?
View Quote

But...but...his appeal to pity!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#39]
lol

Bye
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Bad reputation?

The owners seem pretty fair to me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#41]
bye girl
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Never heard of you
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Never heard of you
View Quote

oof
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#44]
We are the deplorables of the gun boards 

ETA bye felicia
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#45]
How will this place ever survive without you?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know at least one member here who got a name change within the last 2 years.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How will this place ever survive without you?  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Try going into your local mall to advertise your business and let us know how long it takes for management to give you an ultimatum to rent a kiosk/open space or leave.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Self dupe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top