Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/19/2016 1:08:17 AM EDT
Can the crazed out of control electoral college electors be stopped?  By any means?  By protest, force, or whatever?    

Those idoots are clearly not qualified.

Our forefathers knew exactly what they where doing.   Heck, I've understood and supported it since elementary school.

As far as I am concerned,  those not voting in alignment with the votes as cast by the people need to face the harshest punishment for treason.

'Faithless' Texas elector won't vote for Trump

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:10:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Relax, Trump will be president on january20th of 2017...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:12:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope.  It's over.  Hillary is in.  

Can you guys stop being retarded?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:14:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Most conservatives don't know how to accept a win. Just used to bending over and taking a loss.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:15:01 AM EDT
[#4]
ITT we run around panicking like our hair is on fire. (Even though there is nothing to worry about. )
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:15:35 AM EDT
[#5]
i hope they vote like they are supposed to.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:15:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can the crazed out of control electoral college electors be stopped?  By any means?  By protest, force, or whatever?    

Our forefathers knew exactly what they where doing.   Heck, I've understood and supported it since elementary school.

As far as I am concerned,  those not voting in alignment with the votes as cast by the people need to face the harshest punishment for treason.
View Quote

lol...go find your meds and stop reading "alternative" news. Trump is your next president.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:17:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank goodness, huh? 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:19:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm no constitutional scholar but I believe the government (in this case Electoral College) countermanding the will of the voters would not be treason, it would be tyranny.  They are within their rights to do so, but it would be ignoring the will of the voters (technically states)

Im not worried about it
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:21:43 AM EDT
[#9]
They're gonna vote in Bernie !!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Trump will be prez.  Chill out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:27:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Its amazing how you can string together crazy, unconnected words & produce a thread in GD.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:33:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:36:54 AM EDT
[#13]

You already posted that. GD has seen it at least a thousand times. Take your meds and go to bed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:49:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your last two comments are inherently in contradiction with one another. Our forefathers intended for the Electoral College to be non-democratic; it was not only not intended to express the will of the people, it was also intended to check their potential will, and by electing the President, allow that institution to serve as a check on the people. They intended for Electors to be free agents who could vote as they pleased and who ideally would be elites who would choose a genuine elite and qualified person for President and also for Vice President. They did not even require Electors to be chosen by the people, and initially, most were not.

There is no constitutional requirement for them to vote according to the "will of the people" nor even consider it. That has become the common practice, but the Constitution neither requires that nor allows it to be required, and it is also not even remotely close to treason (the notion is absurd).

That being said, this "movement" is going nowhere. The worst they could do is throw the election to Congress, where Trump would surely win. Clinton certainly will not benefit, as the Republicans who might vote for someone else won't vote for her, and some of the Democratic Electors are defecting from her camp. Even if the number of Republicans defect as claimed, Trump will win the election today. And if somehow more defected, he'll win the election in the House. Most Electors will vote as pledged on both sides. This whole thing will be just another curiosity in this election cycle. It is quite unlikely to be impactful. Many here have taken this whole thing too far.

It is interesting to see, however, many people who previously touted the anti-democratic nature of the EC rail against that very feature.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:53:16 AM EDT
[#15]
What....if....they vote...for....Putin !?!?!?!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:55:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Per the left, the Alt Left and the MSM (I would say they are the Alt Left though), is there really a difference between him and Trump?

I will be glad once the Pres Elect is sworn in and we have that ass-cracker out on the street and we have instated the House and Senate. Enough of this drawn out election shit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#19]
There won't be many "faithless" electors. This discussion is moot.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:05:58 AM EDT
[#20]
GD is pretty confident, but I'll relax a bit starting about 2 mins after Trump gets sworn in.  There'll be some grumbling that Trump had his fingers crossed, so the oath didn't count or something.  Then a brief moment of peace.  Then the media shitstorm will fire up again as the press spins and over-analyzes everything he does, says, looks, etc.  Impeachment requests will start coming in from the Democrats starting Jan 21.  MSM will focus on those whenever theres a slow news day.  

The point is never get complacent.  One battle has been won but the war still continues.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There won't be many "faithless" electors. This discussion is moot.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#22]

A single attention whore does not a crisis make.

Arfcom attracts a wide following. As with any large group, there is a certain, tiny percentage that lack the capacity for reasoned conjecture and general critical thinking. With this thread, you have made yourself their king. Congratulations.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Our forefathers intended for the Electoral College to be non-democratic; it was not only not intended to express the will of the people, it was also intended to check their potential will, and by electing the President, allow that institution to serve as a check on the people. They intended for Electors to be free agents who could vote as they pleased and who ideally would be elites who would choose a genuine elite and qualified person for President and also for Vice President. They did not even require Electors to be chosen by the people, and initially, most were not.

There is no constitutional requirement for them to vote according to the "will of the people" nor even consider it. That has become the common practice, but the Constitution neither requires that nor allows it to be required, and it is also not even remotely close to treason (the notion is absurd).

That being said, this "movement" is going nowhere. The worst they could do is throw the election to Congress, where Trump would surely win. Clinton certainly will not benefit, as the Republicans who might vote for someone else won't vote for her, and some of the Democratic Electors are defecting from her camp. Even if the number of Republicans defect as claimed, Trump will win the election today. And if somehow more defected, he'll win the election in the House. Most Electors will vote as pledged on both sides. This whole thing will be just another curiosity in this election cycle. It is quite unlikely to be impactful. Many here have taken this whole thing too far.

It is interesting to see, however, many people who previously touted the anti-democratic nature of the EC rail against that very feature.
View Quote

Listen to this man.

The electoral college is not vestigial.  Not yet, anyway.  Just as the 17th Amendment did to senators, the populists are trying to do to the electoral college.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Yes, they're all going to say, "Screw every bit of this!" and vote for Harrison Ford.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

It does piss me off though that these whiny fucks can't accept the results.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Haven't you been paying attention?  CNN is fake news clickbait.  It's all just sensationalism for ad revenue.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't.  Not an American.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#28]

This kook is a life long democrat that got himself listed as a republican elector.
He's also a stolen valor asshole & a complete fraud.

It is funny to watch the false hope he is giving the lefties (DU has be absolutely hilarious these last few days) - they are absolutely melting down & they are about to be crushed again today when FHRC loses the 2016 election for the third time.
Hopefully another leftist idiot starts firing them up about "Senate President Biden" falsely having the ability to declare EC votes from certain states invalid on January 3rd - then we can watch them lose their shit all over again when it doesn't happen.

(Just remember these tactics - maybe it's time for the "alt-right" to start infiltrating the D's & waiting for them to win a 270-268 squeaker, then flipping it to "steal" the election.)
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I had Fox on in the car this morning.

The guy on said the count could take a month? WTF? Will we really be into January without a count?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Coup Or No Coup: What To Watch For As The Electoral College Votes On Monday

bottom line.  ain't gonna happen.  And it's TRUMP for the win (i hope)
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I had Fox on in the car this morning.

The guy on said the count could take a month? WTF? Will we really be into January without a count?
View Quote

Results are counted and announced on Jan 6th.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

The cray cray democrats are out to get Trump, the SS better be on their toes

Sponsored by DNC, Soros, news media, and Hillary
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

This guy's a buffoon. He was a volunteer in the jurisdiction where I work. He said he went to the Pentagon on 9/11 and nobody can verify that he was there. Hell his own volunteer department can't verify he was there because volunteers were not dispatched to the Pentagon on 9/11 from our jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

"You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means" - Inigo Montoya

If the forefathers simply wanted a method to give some weight to smaller states over larger states, the EC wouldn't involve people at all, but simply convert popular vote to electoral vote automatically.   The electoral college uses people so that  each party could have a slate of super-committed people to counteract misguided fits of populism which sometimes sweep the republic.   Further, each state is allowed to govern their electors as they see fit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#37]
I just got a picture of the electoral college as they're getting ready to vote today.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Yeah, that dipstick Elector is unfortunately from my state of Texas and I don't think we have any state law that requires him to vote as the majority vote went. He's also trying to influence other Electors. This guy sounds to be of the same ilk as that jerkoff Wendy Davis that ran for governor and thankfully lost. She falsely claimed that she supported the 2nd amendment, but, most voters saw through her lies (another Clinton liar).
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife and I were having this exact discussion a few nights ago, that this election has revealed how absolutely crazy and radical so many on the left really are. We both agreed that it was not be beyond reasonable imagination that we might see a few John Hinckley Jrs emerge in the coming years, but they won't be motivated by their infatuation with a movie star but instead by their demented ideological beliefs which are grounded in lies, half-truths, and misinformation.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#41]
The first one just flipped. Maine elector went for Bernie. DU unhappy. Best election ever.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The first one just flipped. Maine elector went for Bernie. DU unhappy. Best election ever.
View Quote

Delicious.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the kind of flipping I can agree with.

I wonder what that guy in Washington (or was it Oregon?) is going to do.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My wife and I were having this exact discussion a few nights ago, that this election has revealed how absolutely crazy and radical so many on the left really are. We both agreed that it was not be beyond reasonable imagination that we might see a few John Hinckley Jrs emerge in the coming years, but they won't be motivated by their infatuation with a movie star but instead by their demented ideological beliefs which are grounded in lies, half-truths, and misinformation.
View Quote

This is what I'm worried about. I've seen butt hurt, but not this scale of butt hurt. The left is butt hurt on an epic scale of proportion.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#45]
become an elector
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Most of these "faithless elector" stories talk about the elector flipping from Trump to Bernie or someone else... NOT HILLARY.  I don't think there are going to be enough to matter.  However, worst case scenario is that no one gets to 270, and it goes to the House.  I don't really think the House is going to vote against Trump at this point.  They know the repercussions of that better than these few electors do.  They may not want Trump, but they definitely do not want a civil war, that is gonna cut the gravy off fast for people in elected office.  They'll vote in their own self-interest.  Not that it will get there anyway.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's the kind of flipping I can agree with.

I wonder what that guy in Washington (or was it Oregon?) is going to do.
View Quote

There are Hillary electors in Washington and Colorado that went to court to be allowed to flip. I believe that state said no way, federal deferred, so who knows, but don't hold me to it. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Let him vote wrong, we can deport him back to New York.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can't blame people for worrying. The left has broken every law and used every dirty trick in the book to try to steal this election. If you turn on MSM it's full of stories encouraging the idea that the electors can, should and possibly will overturn the election.

The libtards are desperate. I have never seen half of the shit we saw in this election. When the electors vote him in I'm sure the left/globalists will come up with another plan which ignores laws, the premise upon which our nation was founded, the will of the people and constitutionally guaranteed freedoms.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Minnesota stopped one, a shame really.....

A Minnesota Democratic elector has become the first "faithless elector" of Monday's nationwide Electoral College vote after refusing to vote for Hillary Clinton. 

Muhammad Abdurrahman, a former Bernie Sanders delegate to the Democratic National Convention, attempted to vote for a presidential ticket of Sanders and Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, according to The Associated Press's Kyle Potter. 

http://www.ajc.com/news/national/electoral-college-vote-live-updates-state-state-voting/sy5C2hooqtnMG8tEviTATN/ 
Minnesota cast 10 votes for Hillary Clinton after Muhammad Abdurrahan, a "faithless voter" refused to vote for her and was replaced by an alternate
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top