Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 7:41:33 PM EDT
Dangerous Trucks and Cars Pile up in snow storm on highway accident Canada 2016 December

Apparently from 2014 or so but still....Damn. 
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't see any video on my phone. :(((((  
#bringbackoldarfcom
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
How did all those southerners end up in Canada together?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing showing up.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Car Pileup in Wyoming Blizzard 17 04 2015
I-80 in Wyoming April 2015, over 30 trucks and cars

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#5]
fucking christ.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Video in the OP is really close to me I believe.

It was a weird storm. Roads were completely clean and clear until that spot.
Which is pretty much why everyone is going so fast. My exit is 1/4 mile before and the road was clear.

Never mind just saw this was Canada.

This was the one I was thinking of.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Part of owning a cell phone should be a basic course in shooting video.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.

I wish they would automatically film landscape even when held vertically. Make a separate setting for the fewer times vertical is used.

Would stop most of these fucked up videos.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZFG4CBWnyEI-80 in Wyoming April 2015, over 30 trucks and cars
View Quote

Holds camera the correct way...

Points the camera out into the woods and doesn't capture any of the crashes.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Do videos not show up for non members?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
How many died?  The last 18 wheeler to hit looks like it nay have killed several.

This is basic driving.   If you can't see...slow down.   This happens in fog.  It happened this last week on ice.

Stay off the damn road or slow down.

Video title says 2016 December.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can't see any video on my phone. :(((((  
#bringbackoldarfcom
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt7LQkzV8GI

Apparently from 2014 or so but still....Damn. 
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#15]
"Hur...dur...I'm a trucker...I'm king of da road..."  The methed-out retard segment of the trucking industry causes stuff like this.

I say bring on the self-driving OTR turcks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I am torn on these videos.  I like watching them in a weird way but the damn people filming should be heading down the road trying to warn people if the danger ahead.  Flash your lights, light a flare, wave your arms, strip naked, or whatever. Just do something.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am torn on these videos.  I like watching them in a weird way but the damn people filming should be heading down the road trying to warn people if the danger ahead.  Flash your lights, light a flare, wave your arms, strip naked, or whatever. Just do something.
View Quote

I have mixed feelings.  Doing that sort of thing can lead to you getting hit from behind on the interstate or run over by one of the idiots you are trying to get to slow down.  Then there is the guy trying to get people to get out of their vehicles while more vehicles are coming in.  Good way to see what a car sandwich looks like.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#18]
If I remember right that first video was from MI last year or very early this year.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Slowing down so you can stop in half the distance you can see is for idiots, so is using a  CB to warn other truckers...

I must be in the minority to monitor the car in front and in front  of the car in front and also have an escape route planned if possible.  It was not hard to do that in a snow storm while 50-70mph as conditions allowed...in 2wd
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I remember that.  In Michigan.  I live a couple hours or so south of there in NW Indiana.  I hated that winter with absolute passion.  -15+ a couple times, lake effect/snowing every other day.  I snowblowed and shoveled more that winter than I cut my grass the past three summers combined.  That winter beat the piss out of me.  This one, in my immediate area, is shaping up to be the same way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Video in the OP is really close to me I believe.

It was a weird storm. Roads were completely clean and clear until that spot.
Which is pretty much why everyone is going so fast. My exit is 1/4 mile before and the road was clear.

Never mind just saw this was Canada.

This was the one I was thinking of.

Attachment Attached File
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkYA4fJ1xvE
View Quote
You're right, it's the same accident, at least I'm pretty sure it was.  Close to me also, fellow NWI'er.  Hated that damn winter.  But man I commute to downtown Chicago 5-6 days a week, and I tell you, semi's (as a CDL-A operator) drive wayyyyyy too damn fast around here.  Take up 4 out of 5 lanes on 80/94 and tailgate you all day.  Don't even get me started on conditions like the vids, but it shows, it is par for the course for a lot of these "truck drivers".

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:27:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do videos not show up for non members?
View Quote

No apparently this function err, malfunction, is extended to all forms of memberships here on new improved Arfcom.

Though it seems to depend on what time of the day or day of the week for that matter.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:35:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I remember that.  In Michigan.  I live a couple hours or so south of there in NW Indiana.  I hated that winter with absolute passion.  -15+ a couple times, lake effect/snowing every other day.  I snowblowed and shoveled more that winter than I cut my grass the past three summers combined.  That winter beat the piss out of me.  This one, in my immediate area, is shaping up to be the same way.
View Quote

The video the OP posted looks an awful lot like the one from Michigan in January 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9fI5M6_XVk
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:56:15 AM EDT
[#24]
No video for me
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:23:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Half of those people look like they were driving way too damn fast for the conditions

Still a rough video to watch tho..
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No video for me
View Quote

I read that in the soup Nazi voice 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#27]
If you are having problems with video, clear your internet cache and browsing data.

Or press ALT + F5 while viewing the page.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top