Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 3:28:14 PM EDT
I have some leftover money that I need to donate for the year for a charitable cause.  I've pretty well funded all the programs and missionary programs through my Church I can, don't know of any needs.

We've had several members here come up with cancer lately, wives with breast cancer, etc.  I'll be honest with you, I won't generally donate to mega charities like the United Way or even the American Cancer society because so fee cents on the dollar go to the actual patients.

However, St. Judes, on average spends 83cents on the donated dollar directly to the care of patients and their families.

I'm going to send $500 to St. Judes cancer hospital because cancer sucks and the only thing which is worse than cancer is cancer in a kid.  I like the fact that St. Judes cares and treats the children, but also make accommodations for the parents so that they can stay with the kids.

So who is with me?  Will anyone meet the challenge?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Adding, the price doesn't have to be $500, any amount will do.

I have no association with St. Jude.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Good on you ISZ.

I cant do it now, but ive spent well over a grand on charity this year. 
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Good for you OP! I'd be all over this but I'm saving for either a mail order bride or or a celebrity real doll.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good for you OP! I'd be all over this but I'm saving for either a mail order bride or or a celebrity real doll.
View Quote

I'm saving up for a team membership.  

Just $23.35 to go...
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Ha, not trying to chide anyone....except maybe the sex doll guy.

I was joking with my wife that I just love that place, but hate their commercials.  I can't watch them, because I end up being a 6'3" 275 pound blubbering mess.  But I guess if you really boil it down, the commercial is their mission and what goes on there every day.

So I'll send in mine.  I know it's a hard time of year to be throwing down the gauntlet.  

Prayers for all members here with cancer, wives with cancer and definitely kids with cancer.  May you kick the ever loving heck out of it!  Merry Christmas to all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top