Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 2:33:14 PM EDT
After many, many years...I'm finally going through all my ammo for an inventory and moving recently purchased into ammo cans. I inventoried this stuff back about 10-15 years ago and only wrote down the quantity and that it's FMJ brass   It doesn't look anything like the Yugo rounds (the ones I have are on strippers anyway)

Here's some pics - trapezoidal looking box.  I think it was purchased back in maybe the late 90's when I picked up my first AK. 

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the South African stuff available back then. Good ammo.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]
7.62 x 39mm cartridge, brass case, with the headstamp of 13 88 (13 @ 12:00 position and 88 @ 6:00 position), a product of Pretoria Metal Pressing Ltd Pretoria, RSA.

Model 1 Mark 3 cartridge

1 = Ball
3 = MK3
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
'88' Head stamp is intended solely 'For White Supremacist Use Only'

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like the South African stuff available back then. Good ammo.
View Quote

Yup.  Check the bullet with a magnet.  IIRC, the SA stuff was not magnetic.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
7.62 x 39mm cartridge, brass case, with the headstamp of 13 88 (13 @ 12:00 position and 88 @ 6:00 position), a product of Pretoria Metal Pressing Ltd Pretoria, RSA.

Model 1 Mark 3 cartridge
View Quote

That was fast, thanks! I wasn't expecting South Africa as I had no idea they used that round. So, if it's good stuff, I'll put it back in the can 
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yup.  Check the bullet with a magnet.  IIRC, the SA stuff was not magnetic.
View Quote

I should have said that.. Yes, before posting I did. It's not magnetic.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That was fast, thanks! I wasn't expecting South Africa as I had no idea they used that round. So, if it's good stuff, I'll put it back in the can 
View Quote

I'm a big fan of it and have a few fat 50 cans full of it, it's being saved for a bad day and I will keep using wolf and other steel case stuff for plinking.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top