Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2016 11:45:17 AM EDT
Here I am thinking I get to sleep in until 8-9, be nice and rested up to watch my beloved Cleveland Browns lose another one in glorious fashion this afternoon. Around 0700 I feel the unmistakable kneeding of little cat paws on my legs. No big deal, she can lay down as well, enjoy enjoy. Then I feel a less recognizable sensation. Warm... sort of spreading.. A hand goes down and comes back... wet..? Hand to face.. smells like... PISS?!?! The little bastard pissed on me!!! And I'm not talking like, she squeezed out a drop or two. I couldn't have done a better job had I been drinking all night on a full bladder. What the fuck?? She's spayed, the window is propped open (she goes out through a back window) and the weather is fair. Fuck my life!
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]
It would appear that dominance has been asserted.
Did she blade too?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Dogs FTW
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did she blade too?
View Quote

She bladed at a perfect 45 right the fuck out of the room when I jumped up screaming "I'll kill you!"
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did she blade too?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#5]
uti
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#6]
or crystals
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Wtf are you doing with a cat in the first place?

Got what was coming to you. The cat will never love you. Get rid of the cat; get a dog.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
or crystals
View Quote
Ok I Googled "cat crystals" and apparently that's a real thing. She gets a can of wet food in the pm, and has a dish of dry out all day that she only picks at. I've had her maybe two years or so (got her off the street as a kitten, took her to the vet, had her spayed, shots, etc). This is the first time she's ever done anything like this. Is this take-her-to-the-vet serious?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#9]
lol @ you for owning a cat
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Got what was coming to you. The cat will never love you. Get rid of the cat; get a dog.
View Quote
Haha, I love dogs, but my living situation isn't really good for one. (One bedroom apt, live alone, never home during the day, no yard).
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ok I Googled "cat crystals" and apparently that's a real thing. She gets a can of wet food in the pm, and has a dish of dry out all day that she only picks at. I've had her maybe two years or so (got her off the street as a kitten, took her to the vet, had her spayed, shots, etc). This is the first time she's ever done anything like this. Is this take-her-to-the-vet serious?
View Quote

It is if you would like her to stop peeing on stuff.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#13]
All joking aside. Call your vet, see what they think.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Haha, I love dogs, but my living situation isn't really good for one. (One bedroom apt, live alone, never home during the day, no yard).
View Quote

Fair enough. Good luck with the cat. Hope it was just a one time thing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't understand why people would subject themselves to cats.  They're all essentially bipolar.  And then one small health issue, and you wake up in the most persistent foul smelling fluid known to man.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Once they start pissing, it's over... They will continue to piss on everything you own. It sucks because they are cool pets.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here I am thinking I get to sleep in until 8-9, be nice and rested up to watch my beloved Cleveland Browns lose another one in glorious fashion this afternoon. Around 0700 I feel the unmistakable kneeding of little cat paws on my legs. No big deal, she can lay down as well, enjoy enjoy. Then I feel a less recognizable sensation. Warm... sort of spreading.. A hand goes down and comes back... wet..? Hand to face.. smells like... PISS?!?! The little bastard pissed on me!!! And I'm not talking like, she squeezed out a drop or two. I couldn't have done a better job had I been drinking all night on a full bladder. What the fuck?? She's spayed, the window is propped open (she goes out through a back window) and the weather is fair. Fuck my life!
View Quote

Call your vet ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, call your vet. Set up an appointment and pay $200 for nothing.

Fucking cat people are retarded.

Cats piss on you because you suck. Not because they're trying to communicate a deeper meaning. 

If an animal pisses WHILE it's asleep, that is worth a vet visit.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Cats and dogs, if they start peeing inside could mean UTI or kidney stuff. Have it checked out.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I would definitely get her to the vet soonest.

If she hasn't exhibited that behavior before it's probably a UTI.  Cats are prone to urinary tract health issues, so better to nip it in the bud.

If she has a UTI she won't have much control over when or where she pees, and it can be rather painful, it probably wasn't deliberate.

Always make sure they have fresh water available for the reason mentioned above.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is this take-her-to-the-vet serious?
View Quote

What are your other options?

Drown her in a bucket of water?

Take her to the vet.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dogs FTW
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Only cat people can justify letting their pets run loose all over the neighborhood all day and night, risking interaction with cars, animals that eat cats, animals that hate cats, feral animals, diseased animals and humans that hate cats.

Then take the same cat to a vet the first time it pees indoors.

I will never understand cat owners.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Only cat people can justify letting their pets run loose all over the neighborhood all day and night, risking interaction with cars, animals that eat cats, animals that hate cats, feral animals, diseased animals and humans that hate cats.

Then take the same cat to a vet the first time it pees indoors.

I will never understand cat owners.
View Quote

Easy, Hoss. When she goes out, there's a 95% chance she's just doing her business or on a warm day lounging in the bushes by the creek behind the building. She's spayed, has her shots and a collar, and knows how to behave herself.

Anyhow, it's Sunday and I'm not rushing her to the emergency cat piss clinic as she doesn't seem to be in any distress. She's just sort of acting extra lazy and staying nearby. If anything else happens I'll consider ponying up for a vet.

The beast in question as of a few min ago -

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Cats piss on you because you suck. Not because they're trying to communicate a deeper meaning. 

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cats will piss out of the box sometimes because they're mad, but it's also VERY common for cats to piss outside the box because something hurts.  They're animals, not brilliant, so they figure maybe if they move somewhere else to piss it won't hurt.

But hey, maybe loud and ignorant is the trick here and you'll be a hero.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I woke up to a sweet St. Bernard named Ruby jumping up on the bed and then cuddling up to me before falling back asleep . Suck it cat owners .
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Did she blade too?
View Quote

Beat me to it.  You got bitched out by a bullshit animal that doesn't even really qualify as a pet, man.
How sad is that?!  LMFAO!
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Litter box dirty?
I blocked my cats litter box and he peed on my bed to let me know about it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I've never heard cat owners call "dog people" stupid or retarded, but you hear the opposite in GD all the time. I don't really understand it but I suspect that the people who hate cats and think cat people are stupid or whatever have some issues and the only animal they can be around is one that is completely obedient to them. Maybe some of them are beta males out in the world so they come home and can be the alpha male to their dog.

Edited to say that I would suspect something wrong with the cat as others have pointed out.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Still less degrading than being a Browns fan.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Getting pussy.

You're doing it wrong.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Still less degrading than being a Browns fan.
View Quote

As a lifelong Browns fan I'm used to getting dog shit on every Sunday, so I guess a little cat piss doesn't seem so bad.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Did she blade too?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Possible sign of bladder infection.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

You need "Acreage"...

Everyone does.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#37]
I might have known a cat that pissed on a newborn's clothes in some sort of fit of jealousy.  The cat might have been shot shortly after by the owner in some sort fit of rage.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

it was probably free, with the purchase of the skirt and matching purse.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#39]

There are smells worse than cat urine, but not many!
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Did she blade too?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I might have known a cat that pissed on a newborn's clothes in some sort of fit of jealousy.  The cat might have been shot shortly after by the owner in some sort fit of rage.
View Quote

*looks at screen name*

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Did that make you reinvent the cat-a-pult, OP?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Arfcom  member admitting to owning a cat.......that takes balls..........admitting said cat pissed on you in bed....

GD  never fails to disappoint
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#44]
yea, no shit?

After owning labrador retrievers all my life I let my wife and daughter convince me to get a cat again. I had several cats many years ago but swore never again after the last one passed away.
Anyway, we adopted an older male from our vet. He had lived 10 years in the vet's office as their blood donor and it was time for retirement. The old dude's seen it all and nothing fazes him. He's sitting here now watching TV with me. He owns this house now.

Funny thing is, after living so long in a vet's office, he will only sleep in a crate at night. Outside of it, he'll stay up all night. Put him in and latch the door and it's lights out for kitty!
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Either the cat has UTI or crystals or someone didn't clean the box.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#46]
You cat is tried of watching the Browns
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Uhg.  Had that happen once with a twist.

I took in a stray that had been hanging around my work for several weeks.  He was young, very tame and affectionate. I got him home and everything was going well for a few weeks as we both became acclimated to our new arrangement.  I was sleeping in one morning and watched my cat walk from my bedroom door, hop on the bed, and start pissing on my leg.  I woke up in a shock and then relief as I realized it was just a dream.  Just as the comfort of that realization was beginning to wash over me, I watched my cat walk from my bedroom door, hop on the bed, and start pissing on my leg.

The cosmos saw fit to give me a prophetic glimpse of my future and I still got pissed on.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

bladder infection guaranteed, get her to the vet fast, they can die from crystal blockage
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Arfcom  member admitting to owning a cat.......that takes balls..........admitting said cat pissed on you in bed....

GD  never fails to disappoint
View Quote

sharing your home with a predator a natural born pure killer

why yes it does
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top