Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 11:06:56 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with Tennessee arms polymer lowers with the brass inserts?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
no but they are like a dollar cheaper than a Anderson, so why bother?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Just don't.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with Tennessee arms polymer lowers with the brass inserts?
View Quote

Very bad customer service, poor quality product. Skip. Actually maybe run away.

I ordered their complete "flame polished" transparent lower - first there were the many many weeks of delays, then the "our molding house messed them up", then more weeks of delays, then the arrival of a bubbled mess with blotchy missed polishing spots.  Intersperse the usual hard-to-impossible-to-get-on-the-phone and the unresponded-emails and you've got a sadly typical small firearms manufacturer story.

Admittedly this is a niche product, and some bubbles might be expected, but for what's largely a display piece to ship in such poor cosmetic condition after months of delays is pretty bad.  Not to mention I would personally worry about bubbles in their "normal" opaque lowers which you couldn't see.

I'm not a fan of polymer lowers (have a few) and I'd definitely avoid these guys.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one of their clear lowers just to have one. Never really planned on building and using it though, just liked the novelty of it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Metal ONLY for AR15 lowers and uppers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
If stripped lowers were like 500 dollars - maybe I would take a look (probably not still)

These are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.  Get a PSA blem if you are on a budget.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Why?

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#9]
New Frontier are the only poly lowers worth a shit IMO
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New Frontier are the only poly lowers worth a shit IMO
View Quote

Came to post this.  Only polymer lower I've used and I had no issues.  It had  5.56 upper for a while, but now it is under a .22lr upper.

These days just buy an aluminum lower.  I paid $120 for my NFA polymer lower in 2013.  The 5 other lowers I have built all used forged lowers that were half the price.

Also avoid polymer lower parts kits like the plague.  NFA has a complete lower that uses a poly LPK.  Don't buy that.  Get the stripped lower and put a metal LPK in it.

Also, some fitting is required.

I had to take the dremel to the safety switch hole, bolt catch hole, magazine release "oval area" on the left of the receiver, and the takedown pin holes.  So basically every hole.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#11]
No, just no.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#12]
No poly lowers for me unless they were designed like the old Cav Arms ones were.

Even then as cheap as standard aluminum lowers are, I see no point in buying poly lowers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#13]
If you want a polymer lower, go Sabre Defense (Cav Arms Mk 2) from Trinity Ordnance, or GWACS Armory - current manufacturers of the Cav Arms Mk2:

http://www.trinityordnance.com

http://www.gwacsarmory.com/

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No poly lowers for me unless they were designed like the old Cav Arms ones were.

Even then as cheap as standard aluminum lowers are, I see no point in buying poly lowers.
View Quote

Came to post this.  I never had one, but heard only good things about the lowers.  Cav Arms would be the only option for a Polymer lower (unless you simply could not get anything else) I would go with.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I got one of their clear lowers just to have one. Never really planned on building and using it though, just liked the novelty of it.
View Quote

How did it look?
Ive always wanted to order one for the novelty of having it for my collection too but the guy that posted before you makes me happy that Ive never gotten around to it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How did it look?
Ive always wanted to order one for the novelty of having it for my collection too but the guy that posted before you makes me happy that Ive never gotten around to it.
View Quote

Last time I looked they no longer had the transparent ones for sale. I'll poke around and see if I have pics.  If you want it for a non-firing novelty and are prepared to wait out a silent 6 months or so then just understand and accept that going in....

In all truth, I'd still like a transparent upper but I've never seen one.  Would need to function by hand, but wouldn't be concerned if it couldn't be fired.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No, just no.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Last time I looked they no longer had the transparent ones for sale. I'll poke around and see if I have pics.  If you want it for a non-firing novelty and are prepared to wait out a silent 6 months or so then just understand and accept that going in....

In all truth, I'd still like a transparent upper but I've never seen one.  Would need to function by hand, but wouldn't be concerned if it couldn't be fired.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did it look?

I wanted to put an lpk in it then frame it in shadow box or whatever they are called and hang it on my wall.
But nah, like I said Im glad I never got around to ordering one because Id have filed a charge back on my card way before the 6 month mark with all those excuses flying from them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wanted to put an lpk in it then frame it in shadow box or whatever they are called and hang it on my wall.
View Quote

Yeah, I wanted it for rifle instruction - like a cutaway but better. I bought the complete flame-polished lower (~$200 IIRC) because they admit right up front that you'll need to do some fitting to get an LPK to go in, and because their online photos show the untouched lower looking basically "frosted" while the "flame polished" one is truly clear.  The flame polishing on mine is pretty good, they just missed or didn't 100% finish a couple of spots.  The bubbles detract visually though, so even if you didn't worry about shooting it, they're problematic for a display piece.  I've not had it out in ages, since the whole thing ended as a large disappointment instead of a cool new toy.  I do remember discussing with my FFL if we should refuse this one due to looking like ass and eventually deciding that I'd up with $200 spent and nothing at all that way - at least this way I do *have* a (mostly) clear lower receiver even if it's reminiscent of a kindergartner's ceramic "ash tray" art project.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top