Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 8:49:21 AM EDT
My coworker bought one of these new. I've got a woody for this thumpy one lunger.

http://www.ktm.com/us/naked-bike/690-duke-1/

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Wrong bike, shoudla got the one with knobbies  
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wrong bike, shoudla got the one with knobbies  
View Quote

The 690 Duke and the 690 Enduro are both great but if you have no interest in the do all, go anywhere versatility of the Enduro than the Duke is a better choice. I had the 2008 690 Enduro and put 7K miles on it in two years. I rode it with my sport bike friends and used it for exploring and it did everything I needed it to. Bought it new and it was incredible motorcycle overall. I rode mostly on the street but did a little trail riding as well. Lots of fun, the motor is way over built. The only issue I had was the instrument cluster fogged over twice but it was replaced under warranty. They don't have that issue anymore.The newer 690 motors make more power and in the 2016 model year the 690 duke got the revised motor making even more power, adding a second counter balancer to eliminate vibration at highway speeds and raising the rev limit 1000 rpm.  This is a high quality street bike that is much fun to ride. I myself have a Husky 701sm on order which uses the same KTM motor.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice thumper!
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm holding out to see the 790 Adventure (not a thumper) rumored to be out next year.   At 6'5 I look like a bear riding a tricycle on the Duke.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I scratched my single itch with an MZ Baghira, now I need another Guzzi.

These look fun. I hope they make a 701 version. They are based on the 390 Duke.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top