Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2016 4:52:00 PM EDT
Searched Mary and Virgin Mary, didn't see dupe

Mental illness on display

Normally I'd laugh but this woman needs professional help.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Rape culture.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish she had never had that happen to her, but it doesn't mean she's right, or that I should give one damn about what she has to say about how I view my religion.

I don't shame rape victims. I don't want a virgin at my age. And I pray Jesus takes me when it comes time to leave this mortal coil. Until that time comes, I'm not going to waste it reading such non-sense. Her experience is hers, and she is free to share her thoughts. I'm free to say the entire world is not to blame because shitty things happen.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think she gets it.

It's not about her, the body, or her vagina.  It's about something bigger than all of those things.  I will agree that there is a hypocrisy about virginity, but it is no different than honesty, body image, or personal narratives that our society wrestles with.

Maybe she has issues because she is blaming God for her rape and "impurity" which prompted her to write the article.

For the WAPO to publish this is pretty bad.  How could the editor green light this?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think she gets it.

It's not about her.  It's about something bigger than the individual.

Maybe she has issues because she is blaming God for her rape and "impurity" which prompted her to write the article.

For the WAPO to publish this is pretty bad, How could the editor green light this?
View Quote

Because the left doesn't give a damn about Christians and Christmas. It's not that they just don't care; it's that they actively want to destroy Christianity, brick by brick. Thought by thought. Claim by claim.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Because the left doesn't give a damn about Christians and Christmas. It's not that they just don't care; it's that they actively want to destroy Christianity, brick by brick. Thought by thought. Claim by claim.
View Quote

Exactly.

They took a victim of sexual assault who is also a "pastor" who wrote a piece dissing Christianity.  Of course WaPo ran with it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#6]
The editors of the WaPo ought to be ashamed of themselves taking advantage of that woman's trauma.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to ask her why she does not question with the same viewpoint the absence of semen in the Jesus story.  Man hate is the answer.  Her man-hate prevents her from seeing that the absence of semen in the Jesus story indicates a matriarchal misogyny that seeks to reconstruct men, in mind-rape fashion, as an insignificant, undesirable and deplorable functionary in their theological view.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I want to ask her why she does not question with the same viewpoint the absence of semen in the Jesus story.  Man hate is the answer.  Her man-hate prevents her from seeing that the absence of semen in the Jesus story indicates a matriarchal misogyny that seeks to reconstruct men, in mind-rape fashion, as an insignificant, undesirable and deplorable functionary in their theological view.
View Quote

That sounds like something from an armchair psychologist.

Wait....WUT!
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#9]
And the author calls herself reverend...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top