Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2016 11:59:13 PM EDT
I want to give my lady friend the gift of happier feet this Christmas.
She has a hospital job, so she needs something for indoors on hard floors with lots of walking and standing.  They won't be for outdoor-type use.
She has low arches.
So, would you recommend the Superfeet Orange, the Green or something else?  What's the difference?
Thanks and Merry Christmas!  

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Green. I tried orange but they felt too bouncy, I guess is how I would describe it.

Edit: why not berry or one of the female specific models?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#2]
How about new shoes and socks ?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Shoe size?
make and model?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:08:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I was a mechanic for several years, and spent 8-10 hours a day on asphalt and concrete.

Superfeet orange are like walking on pillows. They're awesome. And I have low arches so they were the perfect amount of support
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:14:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Definitely not green or blue. I have pretty low arches and those things were downright painful.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I used to use Superfeet but found these to be more comfortable.

The black versions have more padding than the red IIRC.

Amazon Product
  • Low cushioning- 1.6mm layer of proprietary softec open cell cushioning, the minimum cushioning layer available
  • Mid volume medium thickness footbeds foremost footwear
  • Medically accepted by the american podiatric medical association

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I could not function without Superfeet and have tried pretty much every style they have.  I had pretty flat feet so the blue or black are the way to go initially.  I've been wearing them so long though that I'm wearing the full arch green ones now.  make sure that you get the right size and also make sure that her shoes are the right size as well (sized for length, wide and arch length)

For some people that haven't had properly supported arches, they might feel weird or painful at first.  The instructions say to wear them a few hours a day to start
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:24:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about new shoes and socks ?
View Quote

This really is good advice.  Garbage socks and shoes were part of the problem originally.

I've been coaching her on this too, and she has come a long way.  She is wearing newer shoes now and I've got her wearing MUCH better socks.  These changes have helped but I think she'd still benefit from the right insoles.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:35:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Brooks running shoes. Great shoes!
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#10]
New Balance are American made. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top