Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2016 7:52:59 PM EDT
Alright all, I was giving a very nice button down shirt by my company. Custom made. Problem is that it is an XL and I wear a L. They don't have anymore. Small quantity to begin with. Did I mention it is really nice? Can it be altered to be a large? In before the why didn't you get a large instead people that can't read.

TLDR I want an XL shirt to be a L, can it be done and the prior statement isn't long so just read the dang thing.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Alright all, I was giving a very nice button down shirt by my company. Custom made. Problem is that it is an XL and I wear a L. They don't have anymore. Small quantity to begin with. Did I mention it is really nice? Can it be altered to be a large? In before the why didn't you get a large instead people that can't read.

TLDR I want an XL shirt to be a L, can it be done and the prior statement isn't long so just read the dang thing.
View Quote

Sounds like a problem money can solve. Question is how much do you want to spend. Go find a seamstress and they'll tell you how much it'll be. I don't think it'll be worth it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]
It can be done, but you can probably buy a nicer shirt for that money.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Shirts can be altered but there are limits. Sleeves can be shortened, extra material can be taken in at the back to make it less baggy, etc. Whether or not it can be made to fit you acceptably is a question for a tailor/seamstress.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shirts can be altered but there are limits. Sleeves can be shortened, extra material can be taken in at the back to make it less baggy, etc. Whether or not it can be made to fit you acceptably is a question for a tailor/seamstress.
View Quote

Neck could be a problem
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want it to fit, just drink a six pack of beer daily for one month.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want it to fit, just drink a six pack of beer daily for one month.
View Quote

I'm actually trying to go the other way. Slim down some more.

Did I mention it is a very nice shirt? If it were to cost less than $75 I would so do it problem is finding someone to do it and get it to look right.

To let some other people understand what it is, some won't care though. The kind of shirts that companies have made for the employees that go to SEMA to show off their products, its one of those kinds of shirts. The one guy who had one similar to it that I talked to actually had ordered them. Said that there were less than ten running around and they were over $100 a piece to have made. They also gave me a hat to go with it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Get a quote:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/lees-custom-tailoring-indianapolis

http://www.mastertailor.com/
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate it when that happens.  My employer used to give us a shirt or jacket every year.  When I started working here, I wore an XL shirt.  Boss took sizes off the uniform list, at which time I had went down in size to Large.

Shirts were ordered one year, nice dress shirt with the company logo.  Yep, I got an XL.  Was like wearing a dress.  Ended up giving it to a new guy who was bigger than me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Call a couple of dry cleaning places.  They almost always have a seamstress that does work of them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I will check a couple of places on monday and see where this goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top