Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2016 2:52:57 PM EDT
I'm currently running an Eotech 512 on my new favorite gun but, given the location of the charging handle, the Eotech's body is too damn fat and I keep tearing my fingers up. I'm looking for other options.

I have a Aimpoint H1 that works just fine, but it's not as quick to pick up and lacks the FOV of the Eotech. I could get used to it though. Do NOT like the full size Aimpoints at all.

I played with a buddy's old FN Tactical shotgun a while back and really liked the C-more optic that was mounted on it. Very little bulk around the glass that made picking up the target really easy. I don't know anything about them though.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe wait for the UH-1 to release?

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Never had one on anything else but pistols. GTG
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]
EXPS
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I use one on my NFA M11/9. It's held up fine under multiple 30 Rd/5 sec mag dumps. I like it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
EXPS
View Quote

Looked at that. It's not any narrower.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://www.vortexoptics.com/uploads/series_rd_amg-uh1.jpg
View Quote

Interesting. Can't find any width dimensions on it though.`Maybe I'll hold off an see. I really like Vortex optics.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Google SeeAll sight. Looks like a cool idea.

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Interesting. Can't find any width dimensions on it though.`Maybe I'll hold off an see. I really like Vortex optics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you looked at the Vortex Spitfire AR Prism Scope? I got this mainly because batteries are optional.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am very curious about this, especially the price once it gets into circulation.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do NOT like the full size Aimpoints at all.
View Quote

Why not?  They're really not that much bigger than the H1, mainly length-wise.

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

C More sights have user-replaceable emitter modules of various MOA specs.  Some models are NVG-compatible.  AFAIK, the C More company makes no claims about water-proofing concerning their sights, and I advise looking into that before deciding.  I could be wrong, or perhaps a little dielectric (flashlight) grease might fix things up assuming you don't actually submerge the thing.  I could be wrong about this last, so check out the C More Site
View Quote

I just clicked your link and picked the scout model at random.  It says submerg depth is 200 meters for that model.  No mention of waterproof though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#14]
It's fairly narrow on my M11 which is smaller in width than an AR upper.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#15]
They are solid optics, if a little dated and more fragile than something like an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#16]
C-Mores are fast - used widely in action sports on pistols and shotguns. I see them in USPSA and 3gun, and have for the past 20+ years. I bought several with the FN offer years ago (they were offered with several of their shotguns, although I never mounted one on a shotgun). I use them on pistol caliber stuff, and, as noted, they have a huge FOV, little to obstruct the target, and just plain work.

Down side is primarily the power side of things. They generally run off of 1/3N batteries, they don't have auto-off or motion sensor features, and the battery life isn't remarkable. In addition, the adjustments are not click adjustable - you have to guess and iterate on the adjustments to get it zeroed. That's fine for shotguns and pistols used up close and fast, but more of a pain if trying to absolutely zero a rifle for precise shots.

Also, there are several options for them: body of plastic or aluminum, size and interface for dot (dot sizes are changeable - just takes another module of the proper interface and you can go from a 4MOA to an 8MOA dot, for example), adjustment switch options (smooth rheostat or click adjustable), built in pic rail base or not, built in A2 rear sight for cowitnessing or not, etc.

All that said, if you're still interested, PM me as I probably still have at least one ARW-4 NIB. That's the aluminum body, 4MOA reticle, click adjustable power control, and built in pic rail mount. Those were the top of the line models when I got them, and what were offered as an option with the FN shotguns a number of years ago, so I'm guessing is the model you used and liked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top