Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2016 2:33:59 PM EDT
A lot of people say Interstate.

How good is Duralast?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I hear there are only a few battery manufacturers in the country and most are just store branded. My past experience with Duralast Gold batteries is not that good, had to replace 3 over s period of 4 or 5 years. But they were in cars that didn't get drove everyday so that is a factor.

I'd get some sort of agm battery and call it a day. I got a good deal through a car stereo vendor on an XS Power D3400 that's been going strong for 4 years now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I hear there are only a few battery manufacturers in the country and most are just store branded. My past experience with Duralast Gold batteries is not that good, had to replace 3 over s period of 4 or 5 years. But they were in cars that didn't get drove everyday so that is a factor.

I'd get some sort of agm battery and call it a day. I got a good deal through a car stereo vendor on an XS Power D3400 that's been going strong for 4 years now.
View Quote

Yup. Interstate or any brand made by East Penn / Deka.  
Duralast is not.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had good luck with the higher end batteries from Advanced Auto. Sears batteries have gone to crap. Some say to get the upgraded Walmart batteries as they are made by Johnson Controls. I think most everything is made in Mexico these days.

I had an Interstate battery die in 2.5 years in my Maxima. It is hot in Houston and that engine bay was very tight, still, I would hope for longer from a "quality" battery.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to the local Walmart store and buy the cheapest battery they have and call it a day.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#5]
East Penn/Deka makes Napa, Diehard, Interstate, some others IIRC.

I prefer the NAPA Legend, seem to be the best priced among the good batteries and I always get good life out of them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to the local Walmart store and buy the cheapest battery they have and call it a day.
View Quote

There's also something to this, but I'd caution that some vehicles are harder on batteries and more sensitive to voltage than others. Truthfully, in my Toyota you could run a 10 year old Walmart battery and it seemed to do just fine. My Taurus wants the VERY best/freshest battery known to man.

It can vary.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Interstate,, it's what's in the rack at the repair shop .. If there is issues   they going to deal with it......It's there and ready to go,,,,,,,,,who has time to shop when you need a battery......it seems  you always need one because it's cold and the old one didn't start.  or you are replacing the starter or alternator  and upgrading  ///
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#8]
this is at least the 3rd car battery thread this week
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I sell Interstates.
Only 1 unsatisfied customer.
He drove a 1969(?) Skylark.
Turned out it was a bad starter.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I've used Interstate batteries in my trucks for years. Always seem to get a good life out of them.  It's been in the single digits all week here and she hasn't missed a beat.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Interstate battery from Costco ...... end thread
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Interstate  ftmfw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top