Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2016 9:25:06 AM EDT

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/34055346/student-stabbed-in-the-eye-in-classroom-is-denied-medical-aid-by-school

Bryan Hernandez was in class when he said two students began, “playing around."

“I hear two kids playing around, and then I look up because they started growing louder, and louder. That's when I saw her throw a pen at me,” Hernandez said.

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The pen is...it's in my eye!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The pen is...it's in my eye!!!
View Quote

That is how you lose an eye alright.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I get the school not paying the medical bills. However i would probably want to press charges on the other student and sue their family for the funds.

Other than that, Go Fund Me is great at this.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Who ever throws it pays the bills, if they cant pay sue them, if they have nothing well youre screwed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Heh! My town. Hell, my daughter played soccer with the "Multi-Media Journalist"! Small world...
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who ever throws it pays the bills, if they cant pay sue them, if they have nothing well youre screwed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#7]
You got your pen in my eye ball.

You got your eye ball on my pen!

Introducing Reese's Eyepen cups!
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not the problem at all.  They wouldn't call an ambulance for him.  His vision was in danger and they couldn't be assed to do the one thing that wouldn't have cost them a single thin dime to save his sight.  I would sue the ever-loving shit out of everyone in the district.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Eye injury+School does not call EMS= Negligence
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#10]
If the school district is immune from lawsuits I'd damn sure sue the parents of the kid that threw the object.

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#11]
eyeball point pen.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Pen is mightier than the sword
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Bryan was just being a good pupil.  I'm sure his family has an eye on a potential lawsuit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#15]
No call for an ambalamlps?  Sue the school.  And the family of the pitcher.

Get rich!
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not the problem at all.  They wouldn't call an ambulance for him.  His vision was in danger and they couldn't be assed to do the one thing that wouldn't have cost them a single thin dime to save his sight.  I would sue the ever-loving shit out of everyone in the district.
View Quote

Unless you can show the lack of emergency transport contributed to the damage, you probably wont get far.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Meh, I kicked the guy sitting across from me in middle school, and he stabbed a pencil about 1" into my forearm.

Went to the nurse with the pencil still in. No big deal, pulled it out and bandaided it. Still have a grey spot there.

Parents were pissed, but it didn't really bleed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Unless you can show the lack of emergency transport contributed to the damage, you probably wont get far.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop being logical and stuff.  This is GD.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

life, limb, or eyesight always requires emergency transport.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#21]
So I'm guessing their obamacare doesn't cover eye surgery?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#22]
A girl knocked my nephew down at school, broke his arm, bad.  Mom called to school, school says you can take him to the hospital or can an ambulance.  Kid is in a LOT of pain, mom calls an ambulance.

The parents of the girl never once called to see how he was.  

My brother gets an 1,100.00 dollar bill for the ambulance ride and brings it to the secretary at the school.  She says we don't have insurance for that.  I told him he is facing an uphill battle on this one.  The school was not negligent.  I suggested he present the bill to the girl's parents.  If they balk, take 'em to court.

The fact they didn't bother to call would have me adding pain/suffering to the suit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#23]
In loco parentis, so we're responsible for every decision involving your kids...except when stuff happens because of our young charges. Then it's not our fucking problem.

Best system ever.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Heh...I'm in Nac 
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bryan was just being a good pupil.  I'm sure his family has an eye on a potential lawsuit.
View Quote

Eye get your point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top