Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2016 12:59:27 PM EDT
Armor test: M855A1 vs Aegis Ceramic RF1 ICW plate

https://youtu.be/PNDlnQZqqUc
This plate is RF1, which is roughly equivalent to NIJ level III and it's in conjunction, which means it needs to have a soft armor backer. M855A1 EPR is known to perforate steel level III armor easily, but is stopped by ceramic composite stand alone level III. What do you think wins?
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Amy Winehouse makes me randy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is that plate for sale? No breakthrough or serious backface intrusion- is there a specific round that will get frag through that the ICW rating is there for?
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where is that plate for sale? No breakthrough or serious backface intrusion- is there a specific round that will get frag through that the ICW rating is there for?
View Quote

The contract information for the guy selling this surplus armor is on the YouTube watch page for my video. I believe that the ICW rating is mostly meet the back face deformation standards for RF1 with 7.62x51mm. RF1 allows about half as much back face deformation as NIJ level III.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The contract information for the guy selling this surplus armor is on the YouTube watch page for my video. I believe that the ICW rating is mostly meet the back face deformation standards for RF1 with 7.62x51mm. RF1 allows about half as much back face deformation as NIJ level III.
View Quote
Very cool, thank you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow that bullet was moving right along.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool.

I need to get my wife some small plates
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cool.

I need to get my wife some small plates
View Quote

There's a couple discount codes for Midwest on YouTube.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There's a couple discount codes for Midwest on YouTube.
View Quote

Use code "CHOP" for 10% off at http://www.catiarmor.com/
Use code "BITTERCLING" for 10% off plus free shipping at http://highcomsecurity.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top