Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 12/14/2016 7:23:40 PM EDT
I just heard on Fox News:

A congressional briefing to the most powerful intelligence committee in Congress canceled a briefing on the Russian DNC hacking incident because the CIA, FBI, NSA and the ODNI refused to send briefers to the congressional committee.

Uh, how is this possible? These assholes can just make an accusation that our election was rigged and then they tell Congress that they aren't going to brief them on the issue?

Who the fuck do these people think they are?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Congress has an easy fix to this if they're really pissed off.  "No money for you!"
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

A congressional briefing to the most powerful intelligence committee in Congress canceled a briefing on the Russian DNC hacking incident because the CIA, FBI, NSA and the ODNI refused to send briefers to the congressional committee.

Uh, how is this possible? These assholes can just make an accusation that our election was rigged and then they tell Congress that they aren't going to brief them on the issue?

View Quote

Fired on 1/21/2017. Why not fuck with the process until then.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe it's time for trump to burn their little political house down.............
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Weird, almost makes you think they don't have the evidence to back up those claims.  But that would be crazy right?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Prison..... They belong there.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weird, almost makes you think they don't have the evidence to back up those claims.  But that would be crazy right?
View Quote

One would think so in a normal world.
We currently don't live there yet.

Let us revisit in about 5 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly. Legit questions will cause their little game of innuendo and bullshit to fall apart.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#8]
They need to go through and clean house on the leftists. I hope the transition team has made contact with the conservative people in these organizations and are already working on a list of who has to go. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#9]
“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.”—Edward Bernays, Propaganda
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#10]
FPNI.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#11]
This was the House Select Committee on Intelligence, which is chaired by Devin Nunes. He wanted to know why there were discrepancies between Clapper's statements and other statements, and the intelligence agencies told him to fuck off. Nunes is hopping mad and released a scathing statement. 

These fuckers are full of shit! I am more inclined at this point to believe that our spy agencies are trying to influence our politics. Hell, that's what they do isn't it, try to influence politics? Is that not what they do all over the world? I don't trust any of this and I think this shows a lot of stones on their part. 

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd be more curious who leaked it.   That will tell you everything you need to know.  Real easy to get pissed off on someone's analysis of a second analysis when you haven't read the originial nor have the context to understand the original (or its presentation.)

ETA: Specifically, if some Congressman asked the CIA (say a Dem)  if Russia influenced things, and the CIA's response is a hedged "Weeeelllll,  depends how you want to define 'influenced'" ...  And then said Dem turned around and leaked it without any of the other documentation...
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe this whole Russians rigging the election thing is a bit of that "fake news" FBHO warned us about?  How can they send a briefer to brief something that doesn't exist?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#14]
It could be that the whole  "Russian influence" thing is BS, and the various agencies don't want to get into the middle of that mess.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#15]
If a Congressional Intelligence committee isn't getting briefed, I'm guessing the electoral college members who've asked for the same won't either.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Why give a classified briefing when you know the congress critters will just turn around and run their cock holsters to the press about it?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It could be that the whole  "Russian influence" thing is BS, and the various agencies don't want to get into the middle of that mess.
View Quote

If I was a betting man I'd say it was put out by the left to undermine Trumps win while at the same time distracting from FHRC emails, pizza gate etc...
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why give a classified briefing when you know the congress critters will just turn around and run their cock holsters to the press about it?
View Quote

Because if you're going to claim that our election was rigged by Russia, then you need to back that shit up. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

or its waayyy classified .I think they got squat.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Freeze those paychecks come Friday....until further notice

these FUCKTARDS work for US..not Obama, not Democrats, not a single fucking person but We the People
and answer to Congress just like any other federal window licker getting a FedGov paycheck..

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

My analyzes of the problem is all they have is conjecture and no proof. If ask for hard evidence they would look like fools. Therefore why show up and prove it.

In defense of the above agencies I don't recall any of them saying they had any proof.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#24]
If I were congress I would start asking what it is that the CIA does that can't be done better by JSOC.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#25]
isn't the whole idea to create doubt in the public mind? the dems don't  give a shit about the truth .disinformation is what there good at.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Congress has an easy fix to this if they're really pissed off.  "No money for you!"
View Quote

This right here is how you fix that problem.  I hope that most of these ass bags are at the bottom of the swamp.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#27]
For the last 8 years they have been witch hunted and treated like shit while being ineffectively used and simultaneously blamed in the cluster fuck overseas.

Now the administration needs something from them with less than 100 days left in office.

Go Fuck Yourselves.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
For the last 8 years they have been witch hunted and treated like shit while being ineffectively used and simultaneously blamed in the cluster fuck overseas.

Now the administration needs something from them with less than 100 days left in office.

Go Fuck Yourselves.
View Quote

could be that too
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Contempt charges.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like they need to hear somebody say, "you're fired."
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo. Their evidence isnt as strong as they claimed and dont want to be embarrassed. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If a Congressional Intelligence committee isn't getting briefed, I'm guessing the electoral college members who've asked for the same won't either.
View Quote

Electoral College members don't have security clearances to hear it. They ain't gonna find out jack.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Sounds like Fox News playing politics , ramping yall up to get angry like you are, in retaliation to the politics of the Russian hacking blah blah stuff .

But that's none of my business...
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Look up CIA and the 'Italian Job', and the snag and grab of a wanted mullah...its shows insight as to how they will compromise their country, their mission, their family and themselves in order to gain frequent flier miles or an upgrade at the westin resort!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Burn their homes to the ground, shoot their dogs, beat their moms and dads, waterboard their children ...

View Quote

Rape their women, pillage their village.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe this whole Russians rigging the election thing is a bit of that "fake news" FBHO warned us about?  How can they send a briefer to brief something that doesn't exist?
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If I were congress I would start asking what it is that the CIA does that can't be done better by JSOC.
View Quote

Are you kidding? All JSOC could teach them is spending more money and being less accountable. TOTALLY different missions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Because if you're going to claim that our election was rigged by Russia, then you need to back that shit up. 
View Quote

As usual, you are overreacting based on no good evidence.

The intel community didn't declare the Russians hacked the election, a newspaer claims that sources inside the intel community told them the Russians hacked the election.

You're tee-ing off on the IC, when perhaps you ought to be tee-ing off on the media making bullshit claims when the IC hasn't released any sort of official report on the matter.  And really, the only official type of statements has been Clapper saying that there is no evidence of any clear intent.

Stop helping the media tear the country apart dude.  And maybe back away from the computer next time you feel the need to start another thread about the Government, military, IC, etc because what you don't know about these topics could fill an ocean.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#42]
U.S. Officials: Putin Personally Involved in U.S. Election Hack
U.S. intelligence officials now believe with "a high level of confidence" that Russian President Vladimir Putin became personally involved in the covert Russian campaign to interfere in the U.S. presidential election, senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.

Two senior officials with direct access to the information say new intelligence shows that Putin personally directed how hacked material from Democrats was leaked and otherwise used. The intelligence came from diplomatic sources and spies working for U.S. allies, the officials said. NBC
View Quote

Of course it was a "senior official." More like a Senator with a (D) next to their name.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Freeze those paychecks come Friday....until further notice

these FUCKTARDS work for US..not Obama, not Democrats, not a single fucking person but We the People
and answer to Congress just like any other federal window licker getting a FedGov paycheck..

View Quote

Fucking this.  I appreciate the CIA, but they work for it us, and ARE answerable to our elected representatives.

Txl
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Until the agencies actually come out officially, I don't believe any of it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because the law requires it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Was there ever an official announcement from the CIA or was it one of those typical "a reliable source from..." type of stories that grew out of control?

I don't think any intelligence agency ever officially claimed Russia was involved with the hacks which would explain why they're ignoring Congress' bullshit political grandstanding. 

The ONLY thing I can find is fucking WaPo claiming "a secret CIA assessment" is their source.  It's so secret that it was magically leaked to one of the most anti-Trump news sources.  I think all the other media fuckwits just latched onto WaPo's story and ran with it.  Reporting bullshit from other media sources is all most of them do.

ETA: According to the Post’s report, officials briefed on the matter were told that intelligence agencies had found that individuals linked to the Russian government had provided WikiLeaks with thousands of confidential emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and others.  So, like I thought, the statement never officially came from the CIA or any other agency... it was one of those "well so and so told a guy that he heard from someone who really knows what he's talking about that..."
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Contempt charges.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The intel community didn't declare the Russians hacked the election, a newspaer claims that sources inside the intel community told them the Russians hacked the election.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except it's not even that serious.

An anti-Trump media organization claims they heard from someone who heard from "officials" in the "intelligence community" that Russia hacked the DNC and provided emails to WikiLeaks.

Nobody is even claiming they "hacked the election" which would imply the Russians tampered with voting results... nope, the claim is that they gave some emails to WikiLeaks which exposed a bunch of illegal and shady bullshit the DNC and the media were doing.  THAT is why they're outraged; they've been exposed.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#49]
There was a Buzzfeed story in October that laid it all out. Unless they have substantially more, there is no smoking gun. Google Cozy Bear and Fancy Bear.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top