Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/14/2016 4:35:44 AM EDT
I don't know how many of you read my last post half month ago. The point is that PSA sent me an PREMIUM BCG that is not HPI/MPI marked, instead with hand etched "MP". FYI, i copy the link below.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/280466_Ordered_PSA_premium_BCG__Got_freedom_.html

Some friends suggested me open another post at Industry Section of This Forum. Then I did, and it works.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/280466_Ordered-PSA-premium-BCG--Got-freedom-.html

PSA contacted me and insist that it IS their premium BCG w/o logo.  And I insist too for a premium one with HPI/MPI markings which is the actual picture on their webpage for 39339. As I wish, I got exchange, and it just was delivered this afternoon. Unfortunately, still I got MP markings on it, and the new BCG was placed in the same tube I sent back to them. That means they elaborately picked MP mark for me to  demonstrate their idea "MP is the premium marking". What a joke, man.

below pasted is the same card tube sent back to them. I believe this after comparing with the picture in previous post. they have same pattern of oil stain.

what should i do next ? So frustrating.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:52:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Why is it that every single person that wants to bitch about a company has a very low post count.

By the way, this not a tech discussion and it belongs in the GD section, just as it did the last time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:01:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I once had a package take 5 days to get to Idaho.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:16:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you need a safe space and coloring book?

Why not just ask for refund.  They answered your concerns and you don't seem to understand so.....

Really don't know what the deal is other then you have a PSA beef?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:25:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I cut and pasted the specs from each and eliminated the doubles, leaving:

Extractor O-ring Insert

Which is in the Premium.

Does your bolt have an O-ring in the extractor?
Is having an O-ring worth the $10 difference?
How many hours do you have involved in this so far?
What is your time worth exactly?
How is it you didn't figure out, on your own, that the only difference between the 2 products according to the listed specs is having/not having an O-ring in the extractor?  
Are you actually hung up on how the bolt is marked or the fact that you think you got a BCG that's $10 less?

If I had to guess, you did the exact same BCG  and packaging back, because the guy who received it, opened it up and verified it was correct and sent it back.

Milspec Carpenter No. 158® steel bolt
Shot Peened Bolt
High pressure tested (HPT)
Mag particle inspected (MPI)
Chrome Lined Carrier (AUTO)
Chrome Lined Gas Key
Gas Key Hardened to USGI Specifications
Gas Key Grade 8 Hardened Fasteners
Gas Key Staked Per Mil-Spec
Tool Steel Extractor
Extractor Spring

Extractor O-ring Insert

Shot Peened Bolt
Botl is mag particle inspected Marked "MP"
Bolt is high pressure tested
Chrome Lined Gas Key
Tool Steel Extractor
Extractor Spring

At $10 markup I could see why PSA is adding these. 5/$3.49 my price, meaning wholesale is like .30/ea in quantity.
http://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=cl&pw=55963&ctc=iwohtpskcy00zk8a00y51&mi=10077&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brownells.com%2Frifle-parts%2Fbolt-parts%2Fextractor-parts%2Fextractor-hardware%2Far-15-m16-extractor-o-ring-prod32504.aspx

If I were you I'd delete this post, see if it has an O-ring, and then stop posting retarded shit online where people remember your username and avoid dealing with you. But that's the kind of guy I am.

ETA: you have no fucking clue what "hand etched" means do you? The MP marking on the bolt was clearly made by a machine, on each of the 1000s of bolts they ran in that production line that month.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:34:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Extractor O-ring Insert

Which is in the Premium.

How is it you didn't figure out, on your own, that the only difference between the 2 products according to the listed specs is having/not having an O-ring in the extractor?  
Are you actually hung up on how the bolt is marked or the fact that you think you got a BCG that's $10 less?

If I had to guess, you did the exact same BCG  and packaging back, because the guy who received it, opened it up and verified it was correct and sent it back.

Shot Peened Bolt
Chrome Lined Gas Key
Tool Steel Extractor
Extractor Spring

Extractor O-ring Insert

Shot Peened Bolt
Chrome Lined Gas Key
Tool Steel Extractor
Extractor Spring

At $10 markup I could see why PSA is adding these. 5/$3.49 my price, meaning wholesale is like .30/ea in quantity.
http://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=cl&pw=55963&ctc=iwohtpskcy00zk8a00y51&mi=10077&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brownells.com%2Frifle-parts%2Fbolt-parts%2Fextractor-parts%2Fextractor-hardware%2Far-15-m16-extractor-o-ring-prod32504.aspx

If I were you I'd delete this post, see if it has an O-ring, and then stop posting retarded shit online where people remember your username and avoid dealing with you. But that's the kind of guy I am.

ETA: you have no fucking clue what "hand etched" means do you? The MP marking on the bolt was clearly made by a machine, on each of the 1000s of bolts they ran in that production line that month.
View Quote

Either of 2 things will happen.

1. He will not respond

2. He will claim there is none, which he would probably be lying about, to try to save face.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:37:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Extractor O-ring Insert

Which is in the Premium.

Shot Peened Bolt
Chrome Lined Gas Key
Tool Steel Extractor
Extractor Spring

Extractor O-ring Insert

Shot Peened Bolt
Chrome Lined Gas Key
Tool Steel Extractor
Extractor Spring

View Quote

Your kidding right?  I would be pissed if the workers at PSA didn't hand etch every one of my 6 PSA Premium BCG's  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:39:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Your kidding right?  I would be pissed if the workers at PSA didn't hand etch every one of my 6 PSA Premium BCG's  
View Quote

I was looking around to find the ones I got in Sept, but couldn't find them or remember if I got the premiums or something else. They were free with something I bought, ended up with 5 of them
FPSA and their free shit
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:55:12 AM EDT
[#8]
OP, You left out the part where they answered you swiftly in the other thread(iirc 1st post), PSA IM'd you and took care of you within 24 hours. Why the fuck didn't you just IM him back if you still had issues/questions instead of another, my vagina still hurts thread? Pack some ice on it and move the fuck on.
PSA has been pretty good to many of us and if there are issues they handle it.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:05:46 AM EDT
[#9]
rip you off.. That would be one of the last things I suspect.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:24:40 AM EDT
[#10]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 4:13:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Just go shoot it
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 4:34:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 4:48:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Remember when most bolts were blank and rifles shot just fine?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 4:53:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I never look at any of this shit. 

I but shit from reputable sellers (people that everyone else is going gaga for ) and then I throw it in/on my gun and take it to the range. 

My shit hasn't gone sideways yet. 

It's a fucking gun. Go shoot it. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:03:19 AM EDT
[#15]
~click~
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:09:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
SHIT!..... (),  I remember 30+ years ago at the end of a Transition Range at FT Hood
where I fired off 800rnds out of an 'A1 based M203 using mags with those crappy
black followers! (Not ONE FTF).

I picked out a hill 4-5 hundred meters away and "suppressed" it! lol

Cleaning the gun afterward WAS a bitch but the shit went "Bang" every time I wanted
it to. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:58:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Good thing it's full auto.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Why the Fuck did I click on this thread?

OP, get a life and a grammar class.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#20]
So you are upset that your BCG isn't laser etched with HPT/MPI and you aren't "comfortable" with it?  You must have a bunch of safe queens huh?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#21]
You can get a whole box of those tiny rubber O-rings at Ace Hardware for like a fuckin $1.99.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:07:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Join date.
Post count.
That figures.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:07:51 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm so glad I don't have panties this tightly wadded where stupid ass shit bugged the hell out of me
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:17:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, I 'member!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:19:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Post count. Spelling. Grammar . WTF
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#27]
does OP need a safety pin? jeez man...............
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:29:21 AM EDT
[#29]
I like PSA.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm so glad I don't have panties this tightly wadded where stupid ass shit bugged the hell out of me
View Quote

I'm with this guy.  I just take those parts, assemble them into a rifle, and shoot stuff with them.

OP should try it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just go shoot it
View Quote

This, ffs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#32]
And??????????????
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#34]
I want to meet the guy that was able to hand etch that bolt. Dudes got some serious talent!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#35]
I have a few BCG's from them, I do not think I ever looked at what was on the bolt!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#36]
For what PSA is charging for BCGs these days I'd expect that each bolt be numbered and  hand signed by The Queen of England.

Not really.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
For what PSA is charging for BCGs these days I'd expect that each bolt be numbered and  hand signed by The Queen of England.Not really.
View Quote

Is 90-100 out of line?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You're complaining about what's etched on the bolt?
View Quote

Sounds like it. It doesn't take as pretty of pictures i suppose.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Does it work?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#40]
FWIW - My factory Colt M16A2 (yes a machinegun) has a bolt with an "MP" mark that looks like a 5yo wrote it AND no "HPT" mark (but I know it was)

Dude, you GOT a "premium BCG". It is a 158c steel bolt, MPI, HPT, staked grade 8 bolts holding on the gas key, full-auto profile, chrome-lined carrier. ALL that is what makes it "premium". It is absolutely GOOD-TO-GO!

Put your gun together and spend your time and efforts becoming a better shooter.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I feel bad for companies that have to deal with customers like this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't know how many of you read my last post half month ago. The point is that PSA sent me an PREMIUM BCG that is not HPI/MPI marked, instead with hand etched "MP". FYI, i copy the link below.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/280466_Ordered_PSA_premium_BCG__Got_freedom_.html

Some friends suggested me open another post at Industry Section of This Forum. Then I did, and it works.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/280466_Ordered-PSA-premium-BCG--Got-freedom-.html

PSA contacted me and insist that it IS their premium BCG w/o logo.  And I insist too for a premium one with HPI/MPI markings which is the actual picture on their webpage for 39339. As I wish, I got exchange, and it just was delivered this afternoon. Unfortunately, still I got MP markings on it, and the new BCG was placed in the same tube I sent back to them. That means they elaborately picked MP mark for me to  demonstrate their idea "MP is the premium marking". What a joke, man.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/pla7480/public%20photo/replaced_all20parts_zpsb4dwwh8i.jpg
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/pla7480/public%20photo/replaced_staking_zpsneqx3mzz.jpg

below pasted is the same card tube sent back to them. I believe this after comparing with the picture in previous post. they have same pattern of oil stain.
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/pla7480/public%20photo/replaced_box_zpsedoxtzfp.jpg

View Quote

that is not hand etched. not even close.

Automator Dot Peen Systems - Fast, Easy Pin Marking Machines

portable pneumatic dot peen pin marker for vin with two electromagent
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#43]
All of this for a gun that OP will probably shoot 1x in the next 5 years. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#44]
At least he can hotlink and post pictures.

I'll give him that.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#45]
In before rogue boss?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#47]
OP buys an inexpensive, "cheap" bolt and is upset he got an inexpensive "cheap" bolt.

What did you expect - to order a PSA part and receive a Noveske (or whatever is the best now-a-days).

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

send it back, go buy a colt bcg, then go post how superior your colt bcg is.

looks like your hungup on a markings-so the colt is the only option.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#49]
What competitor of PSA do you work for OP?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Guessing this didn't go quite the way OP planned.

I read your posts before. You thought they made a mistake and contacted them. They explained they have a couple different suppliers for their Premium bolts. Different suppliers make differently. You didn't accept that answer and are now convinced of a grand conspiracy at PSA to cheat you out of your hard earned $10.

Seriously if you didn't like their reply then go ahead post it up and take the refund and go buy another BCG. Good luck finding the same quality at the same price.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top