Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2001 2:27:26 PM EDT
If you have not already done so please take the time to go read Bill Wallace's comments in the "GREAT CAT KILLS" thread here in General Discussion and then respond to the below survey.

Is Bill Wallace a.....
a) Just a misguided cat lover unable to comprehend even simply logic in a debate and of no risk to either himself or others?
b) A communist, as has been suggested by another member in that thread?
c) A sexually repressed individual venting his frustration by insulting other members members?
d) A typical New Yorker lost in a maze of liberal thinking.
e) A liberal disguised as a gun owner here to infiltrate our ranks.
f) The Chairperson of PETA sent here to test us?

Please, for the sake of this fellow member take the time to complete this survey. This information could prove invaluable to his doctors in adjusting his medication so that he once again lead a normal life.

Thanking you in advance,
Dr. Gunslinger MD,Phd, PSY, NRA
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
This ain't gonna be pretty.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Or to put it simply.....TROLL.......[frag]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The people there are murderers!!!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I am bewildered by Billy.. On the Dino thread he seems to be a very reasonable individual.  However on the Great Cat Kills thread he is so far off the deep end it is scary......

as for the vote...untill I see a post of him and a smoking barreled AR....I will go for option (e)

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Hillary Klinton`s nephew.........[sleep]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
All of the above [:D]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing like a differing opinion to get the Clampets all in a huff.

Most people on here spout off about personal freedom and all sorts of related issues, but when someone steps out of the party line, just for a second, they MUST be screwed up. God forbid anyone here extends their 1st Amend. right to free speach, you just might be branded as the enemy, despite sharing MUCH more in common than differences.

The message board lynch mob only feels good if they can rally like minds to their aid. The need to publicly isolate someone due to a different opinion, on a VERY periferal subject speaks volumes about those who join in.

Even the notion that those posts on another thread are now being judged here by people who don't even know eachother is beyond stupid. It's hypocritical.

Do whatever makes you feel important, or valid or whatever. Just don't expect EVERYONE here to join your divisive, immature little gang bang.

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, that is one "e" and one "g", all of the above.

Gunslinger,
Dancing with joy because every day is cat season and there is no bag limit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do whatever makes you feel important, or valid or whatever. Just don't expect EVERYONE here to join your divisive, immature little gang bang.
View Quote

Hmmmm......I think in my case with this one it is to make me feel important. Yes, yes, that is it I feel [i]very, very[/i] special now.
Important....that is my final answer Regis.

But of well.....I'm still
Gunslinger,
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#10]
So, hey there guys, anyone here want to hear about my new AR............

or do you want to psychoanalyze somemore?

lol

I'm actually enjoying this nonsense.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Gunslinger. Are you saying you're a medical doctor with an additional PhD?
What schools did you go to?

You sure don't come across like any doctor I've known.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]
edited because I was mean and imature
guns762
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ahhhh......yeah....really....school..well, I ahh got my lisunse from one of them cor-us-spondus schools. Yeah that's it!
You know the one that Sally Struthers talks about all the time on the tv I got in the trailer house.

Gunslinger,
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Ahhhh......yeah....really....school..well, I ahh got my lisunse from one of them cor-us-spondus schools. Yeah that's it!
You know the one that Sally Struthers talks about all the time on the tv I got in the trailer house.

Gunslinger,
View Quote

Thank you for the clarification.
I was actually worried for a second about the state of the medical profession.
Stupid me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll choose d.  A typical New Yorker lost in a maze of liberal thinking.  That's what I am.

I mean, before you have experienced life in the savage frontier (all those bush states between NY and Cali), how can you even consider voicing your opinion on how the locals should live their lives?

Seriously, untill you see your terrorized child running in fear from the cat poop in his litter box, you haven't really been in the shit, man.

I'm so foolish to think that cats are the same everywhere.  It is clear to me that you have different cats in the "real world" and that our new york cats just can't compare.  Your cats are very dangerous.  Your cats spread disease!  I mean, our cats might also, but since we don't usually f*ck them I don't see how we could catch anything.  But we're not real men like you.

Oh, and how wrong of me to think that New York state is rural!  You're right, I don't have a clue!  Forests and mountains and cow farms and coyotes and bears don't make it rural, man.  Just the other day I saw a grizzly on Broadway trying to pick up a hooker.  What does that prove!??!  

So anyway, I think I owe you all a sincerely apology.  Who am I to judge you?  After all, you are the epitome of a wonderful human being!  Why should a liberal NY puke like me oppose your wanton killing sprees?  Perfectly normal I say!  You've convinced me!  I'm still waking up in terror, thinking of that cat crap in my flower bed!  Shudder!   Well, I don't have a flower bed, it's kinda hard to grow flowers on the side of a mountain...lotsa wind and all.

Oh, but I'm backsliding.  All of New York is a city.  Right.  No mountain.  Me bad.

Oh and I don't know anything at all about prarie dogs!  Not as much as you well educated cattle ranching folks! As a matter of fact, to atone for my actions here, I will write a letter to the State University of New York asking that some esteemed and well published cattle ranchers and midwestern farm folk be invited to speak at our annual zoology conferense.  I'll be sure to state that they are the world's foremost experts on the prairie dogs.  I'm sure all the nerdy stupid know-nothing New York liberal academic pukes will be interested in hearing what these fine geniuses have to say.

Can I go back to posting on the board now?  Please?  I swear never to disagree with you wonderful people again.   Long live oubeta and the other cat slayers.

Bill Wallace
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, I'm certainly glad see why can finally agree on everything. LOL
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#17]

I, for one, don't mind Mr. Wallace.  He has a different point of view and I kinda like that.  I don't like hearing the same opinions over and over (it's boring).

Moreover, the guy can spell, and his posts are literate.  It doesn't matter that I disagree strongly with Mr. Wallace on some topics.  He is pro-gun rights (and all the other Bill of Rights stuff, I think) so he can't be all that bad.

Vive la diference!!

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey Bill,
I don't mind that you have an opinion, everybody does.  I don't even care that it is different than mine or anyone elses.  You are welcome to deal with varmints, pests, and feral animals anyway you want, just don't tell the rest of us that what we are doing is sick, twisted, imoral, backward, hickish, or any other P.C. term that is the fad at this time.  Let us have the same freedom to choose our way to deal with such issues.  

I'm not trying to tell you how to live in New York; visited there once but it doesn't make me an expert on what goes on there, so don't tell me how to live in Wyoming.  You may have visited Yellowstone, even seen a prarie dog or two, but it doesn't make you qualified to tell us how to handle them.  Hell, I'm not even qualified to tell people around here what they should do with them, or feral cats, but I've got an opinion.  Right or wrong.

I am sorry now that I flamed you, it was imature, and this sight is here to talk about the AR-15.  So, what kind of AR do you shoot?
guns762
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Bill Wallace:
Oh and I don't know anything at all about prarie dogs!  Not as much as you well educated cattle ranching folks! As a matter of fact, to atone for my actions here, I will write a letter to the State University of New York asking that some esteemed and well published cattle ranchers and midwestern farm folk be invited to speak at our annual zoology conferense.  I'll be sure to state that they are the world's foremost experts on the prairie dogs.  I'm sure all the nerdy stupid know-nothing New York liberal academic pukes will be interested in hearing what these fine geniuses have to say.
View Quote

Wow man. At first I thought that you had just gotten pumped up in the argument about killing cats. This proves that you really are a typical liberal. Well I agree that ranchers would not know anything about prairie dogs, they probably haven't even read a book on them. (Way to busy f*cking cats I guess) Those big city professors probably know a lot more about ranching anyway.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Did you ever stop to think bill that cats are not even native to here? the number of them is MAGNITUDES higher than their population before domesticated, and cats themselves kill for fun BECAUSE OF MAN OVERBREEDING AND FEEDING THEM, this goes completely against nature, killing off some of the wild feral whatever you want to call them actually repairs some of the damage man has done. NOW I don't agree at ALL with Randall Flaggs thing, HE brought them into the world by not having the parents fixed it and he was doing it for fun. And as far as oubeta, he said it was in his NEIGHBORHOOD, that means they are probably other people's pets and for fun thats even more demented. you cannot even compare that to people removing them from an unnatural enviroment which is anywhere in north america not populated by humans (or humans but not cat owning ones) because the only "natural" place for a cat here is in the custody of a human.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Well thanks, I guess.

I am very pro gun, very pro bill of rights.  I'm known among my friends are a wacko libertarian.   I believe less government is better government, that laws should be reactive, not pro-active, and that there should be only five laws you can break that will allow you to be arrested and imprisoned. Which is a hell of lot less "liberal" than some pro mandatory military service, pro police checkpoints, and pro arrests for minor violations people here on this forum.

The biggest difference between me and most other libertarians is that I think basic rights should extend to all living things, with intelligent mammals and birds at the top of that list.  And cats are certainly intelligent, regardless of what else you can say about them.

I got really upset hearing about the slaughter of cats with my own cat sitting on my lap purring.  

I believe in one basic law, "harm none, otherwise do what you will".  

While I realize that prarie dogs may pose a problem for ranchers, I cannot understand how a human being can sit there every saturday destroying entire communities of the little critters.  Did you know that prarie dogs have an adaptive system of communication?  They have specific whistles to warn others of certain predators, etc.  These whistles differ from community to community, and their meanings are specific.  One type of whistle for coyote, another for, well, cat.

There has to be another way.  What it is, I may not know.  But that doesn't mean it isn't out there and that we shouldn't look for it.

So pardon me if I don't believe crapping in your kid's sandbox is a capitol offense.

Can we drop this subject now?  I have been on this board since 1998 and this is not the first time I have been in a scuffle like this.  It has always ended well, and I hope it can again.

As for animals spreading diseases, I believe I can, at the risk of sound New Yorkerish, pose a solution.

Don't have sex with them.  :)

Good night.

Bill Wallace
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Bill Wallace:
critters.  Did you know that prarie dogs have an adaptive system of communication?  They have specific whistles to warn others of certain predators, etc.
View Quote

So did/do NAZIs commies redcoats and chicoms, the people of this country a while ago and maybe a while from now killed or will kill them when they started f#cking stuff up, or were not where they belong.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#24]
This reminds me of the "exploding varmit pic"
thread on the old board.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#25]
As they say on John Boy and Billy [i][b][size=6]CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC[/i][/b][/size=6]

I thought his name was Bill Ball-Less.

Come on guys.

Billy got upset cause his own wittle kitty wuz sittin' on his lap a purrin'.

Personally Bill.............I think that until you have been where we are you should just stick to strokin your kitty and suckin' up all that nice big city air.  Watch out for those crack-hos, transformers and homer-sexuals though.

Oh.....and one more thing.  It is always idiots like you that severely underestimate us [b]un-educated hicks[/b] the most.  You don't know nothin' man.

Makes me wish I too could be a big city man w/ my head up my arse.         NOT!

Go to bed now....................Don't you have school tomorrow?  
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 4:14:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Well, Bill and I have butted heads a few times on a variety oif issues.

But on the whole, he discusses issues in a civil manner, expressing himself intelligently, without feeling the need to insult the person he is discussing the issuie with in order to win the argument.

Unlike a few other people that come to mind.

All in all, I'd say he is as much a contribution to this site as me, or anyone else, as long as he truly is RKBA. I haven't seen enuf on that issue to form an opinion.

He just better not try to harm MY cats [:D]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 5:07:49 AM EDT
[#28]
OKay, okay.
I started this little fiasco. I thought Bill was getting a little extreme in his responses on the ill fated cat thread. Others on the opposite side of the issue were as well.
But when I started the topic, even though yes, I was being a smartass, I meant it good naturedly to. Bill responded good naturedly and tossed in a small jab of his own. No harm, no foul.
We should all now resume our regularly scheduled programming. A week from now I will have forgotten all about me agruement with Bill and hope everyone else does as well.

I have selective memory. I remember the friendships I make on line and the good post and times. But for the life of me I can never remeber the pissin' contest.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well, Bill and I have butted heads a few times on a variety oif issues.

But on the whole, he discusses issues in a civil manner, expressing himself intelligently, [b]without feeling the need to insult the person he is discussing the issuie with in order to win the argument[/b].

Unlike a few other people that come to mind.

All in all, I'd say he is as much a contribution to this site as me, or anyone else, as long as he truly is RKBA. I haven't seen enuf on that issue to form an opinion.

He just better not try to harm MY cats [:D]
View Quote

Bullshit. Go back and read the GREAT CAT KILLS thread again. Bill Wallace belittles, insults, and passes judgement on all who do not share his view regarding pests, nuisance animals, or even animals that pose an outright threat. His attitude was nothing short of sanctimonious and condescending. I have seen Bill handle himself well many times, but this occassion was not one of them.

Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Bullshit. Go back and read the GREAT CAT KILLS thread again. Bill Wallace belittles, insults, and passes judgement on all who do not share his view regarding pests, nuisance animals, or even animals that pose an outright threat. His attitude was nothing short of sanctimonious and condescending. I have seen Bill handle himself well many times, but this occassion was not one of them.

View Quote

I didn't read the "Cat Kills" thread, as the whole subject matter seemed juvenile at best, and sick at worst.

So I can't speak re: that thread.

I can only speak as to my experience, which I stated above.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Boomer, I do not pretend to speak for garandman (and he may totally diagree with what I'm about to say) but he said "on the whole" Bill is civil and engages in intellectual debate. I took that to mean that he, garandman, was meaning his entire posting history, not just his comments in that thread.
I did not comment on that statement by garandman simply because frankly I do not remember reading Bill's post heretofore. That is not an insult to Bill. I just do not remember his post in the past. But if garandman, who has more time on the board than I do, has not seen the type of behavior in the past as was demonstrated in the cat thread than I will take that as fact for now.

Again, I started this thread partially in jest because I thought Bill was over the top. [b]But[/b] I think he has answered this thread in an equally jesting manner and we all wish the matter to be resolved.

Funny. There are three things that cannot be discussed rationally on a gun board;
Religion
Abortion
Killing cat

We discuss guns, rights, women....even racism and for the most part remain at least a little civil. But God help anyone that mentions relgion, abortion and killing a cat.
Frankly I find that a little amusing.......and yet scary. LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top