Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2001 2:12:07 PM EDT
On the Fox Report with Shepard Smith.  "Shooting a hole in the theory that guns are all bad."  It is on 1900EST, be interesting to see what they have to say.  [url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,1790,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
i dont have cable so please report on this momentus event.....
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully, they will repeat it later tonight.  Did not see your post in time.  Drats!!!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#3]
It was mostly about John Lott's research into the effectiveness of carrying handguns for self-defense.  They cited the "2.5 million crimes defensive uses of guns each year" stat, and other such info.  There WAS some jackass from one of the major gun-grabbing groups, but I guess they have to be fair an balanced......

oh well...
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It was mostly about John Lott's research into the effectiveness of carrying handguns for self-defense.  They cited the "2.5 million crimes defensive uses of guns each year" stat, and other such info.  There WAS some jackass from one of the major gun-grabbing groups, but I guess they have to be fair an balanced......
oh well...
View Quote

It wasn't fair and balanced at all it was completely on our side, you'll notice they didn't even show the anti's name even though they did everbody else? It was Josh Suckermann btw I think of VPC.

[img]http://www.vpc.org/graphics/leadcov.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It wasn't fair and balanced at all it was completely on our side, you'll notice they didn't even show the anti's name even though they did everbody else? It was Josh Suckermann btw I think of VPC.

View Quote

its about f*ckin time someone was on our side.

whoo hee lets celebrate.........
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Dang... missed the show and the "email this article" link doesn't seem to be working.

ps... love the picture - except for the caption. I think I'll have to pull a copy of it for editing, then script a recursive ftp get for it... I wonder how much bandwidth VPC has available..... [;-)]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#7]
It was fairly week.  They seemed as if they were going to show more than they did.  They did breeze over that a-holes name but he had no credentials. They did show it as John Lott was one who actually knows something.  The fact that they showed it at all is good.  They also spent more time on Lott and the facts than they did the nitwit.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top