Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2016 4:17:47 AM EDT
Thanks for visiting me on my vacation. So good of you to come by while I was standing in the very long security line in a Polish airport.

I don't mind throwing up in trashcans in front of hundreds of people, but security guards mobbing me and pulling me every which way was pretty embarrassing.

I wish I spoke their language so I could have explained that I was violently ill, and not drunk.

All good now, and I am in their FA room on a nice cot under warm blankets. I should be ok by the time I have to board.

Son of a bitch.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#1]
CSB
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 4:35:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Well at least it's not both ends.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 4:44:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Stay hydrated.  See if you can have someone find you some coconut water.  Even if it tastes like shit it's actually good for ya.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:10:33 AM EDT
[#5]
At least it didn't happen on the actual flight. 
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well at least it's not both ends, yet.
View Quote
FIFY.
DAMHIKT.

<<see sig for proper attribution>>
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:30:53 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

If thats a link to the buffalo rice I will throw up.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:21:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
FIFY.
DAMHIKT.

<<see sig for proper attribution>>
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:28:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Get well.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Ah yes, traveler's sickness.

A couple things to note:

On long trips, especially when travelling through second and third world countries, plan on getting sick once. It'll make it easier to accept when it happens.

Never eat at restaurants frequented by tourists/travelers. The people working there give zero fucks about you. Eat where you see the locals eating and what you see the locals eating.

I got food poisoning in El Nido and found myself vomiting all night. It took two doses of Zofran to stop it, and then I was in the back of a bus made for Filipinos for five hours the next day.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:39:42 AM EDT
[#11]
What's the polish version of montezuma's revenge?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:57:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
At least it didn't happen on the actual flight. 
View Quote

Well he ain't boarded yet.......

We could have a mile high Ryan's steak house event on our hands.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well he ain't boarded yet.......

We could have a mile high Ryan's steak house event on our hands.
View Quote

ETA: Tyler Wojo details here: http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/regional/28945-who-tyler-wojo.html
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If thats a link to the buffalo rice I will throw up.
View Quote

Try it with a raw egg on top.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Which did you go with Salmonella or Campylobacter?
Both are good choices.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Try it with a raw egg on top.
View Quote
Actually, last time I looked into this (about 15 years ago) there was a study done in Poland on thousands of eggs and they did not find a single case of Salmonella being present IN the raw egg.  They did find it on the surface of the egg. So it would require improper handing of the raw egg, otherwise they are go to go (as many weight lifters will tell you).
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Well I was in Monterey Mexico about 43 years ago with my parents and I will assure you just throwing up is a blessing.

All I did was go swimming in the pool and I was not worried about if I was going to die,  I was worried about how long it would take to die.

If I learned one thing over the years it is this.  When you have that first purge immediately drink all the water you can.  This will enable you to clean most of the posion out with the second and third purge rather than to possibly go into the dry heaves trying to get it out.

Chew your food well and drink plenty of water.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Ever get the shits on the Inca trail at 13,000 feet?

I did.  Not pleasant.

ProTip:  If you ARE on the Inca Trail at 13,000 feet, and someone offers you pumpkin soup with your supper, POLITELY REFUSE.

See that guy grinning in the brown wool hat?  That's me, about 45 minutes before Atahualpa's Revenge got me.  Little did I know the depths of despair I was about to endure.

Group at DWP by FredMan, on Flickr

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Ask me anything about dinning on cabreto in Mexico.

45 years back went on a foray to Mexico, got a case of Montezuma's revenge.
I am sure I threw up my toe nails and shit my brain cells.
Felt like a mexican cuting my guts with a dull knife.
Do not, I repeat, do not eat the cabrito .

Polish revenge, sounds bad.
Get well
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#20]
I went to st Lucia a couple years ago and ate all kinds of street food, went to a street fair and ate and drank, and ate at shitty local food stands.

Made it out ok. I chalk it up to my frequent Taco Bell eating back then
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not a CSB
View Quote

Fixedit...sorry to hear about that OP. I've traveled much through Europe and have been fortunate to not experience that...
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Pumpkin soup trumps gas station sushi.   Who knew?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#23]
If it makes you feel any better, "food poisoning" isn't normally poisoned food. It is most likely from a food service worker not washing their hands after a poop. The more you know. 
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Y'all don't know intestinal discomfort.

Intestinal discomfort comes from eating a falafel from an Iraqi street vendor at 1100, and then using up your reserves of empty MRE boxes and ammo cans by 1400, with 4 hours left to go in the patrol, all while in a cramped bradley turret with your body armor providing continuous pressure on your gut.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#25]
I got food poising once from bowling alley nachos. Not sure how you screw up chips, cheese and jalapenos but apparently it can happen. None of that is fun coming out or back up.

I've had food poising twice and both times it hit me at 2 am after I went to sleep. Luckily my bathroom is close to the bedroom.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I got it bad from Wendy's 7 years ago. 

Been lucky ever since.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What's the polish version of montezuma's revenge?
View Quote

Slavshit
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I got food poising once from bowling alley nachos. Not sure how you screw up chips, cheese and jalapenos but apparently it can happen. None of that is fun coming out or back up.

I've had food poising twice and both times it hit me at 2 am after I went to sleep. Luckily my bathroom is close to the bedroom.
View Quote

That cheese has been in that crock pot for three months straight.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Wait, Food poisoning takes letters?  What's the address?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I got it halfway through 24 hour flight home from Vietnam, and I had a nissen fundoplication, so I am unable to throw up. 3 hours of sitting on the John in a plane dry heaving while it comes out the other side and the stewardess pounds on the door demanding I exit the bathroom was a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Well trying not to throw up during the 1.5 hour flight and  1 hour uber ride was something.

In kyiv so a friend of mine came to my hotel and brought some stuff to take care of me. Best woman i have ever known. Her mom will be here soon to yell at me for getting sick.

So anyway I got hit on the other end when I got here, and Im thinking I have giardia. Really sulfery stuff, and its a byproduct from when they digest proteins. Im weak and cold and everything hurts. I have a shoulder injury so i took a couple percocet and now i can walk around a bit.

Hope its gone soon, I go back to Pripyat on friday.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Very fitting avatar...

Get well soon!
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#33]
In all seriousness, I hope Zed survived, but as it stands - it doesn't yet look promising.

Zed:
If you're still alive, cognizant enough to scroll and read, but too weak to type - hang in there, baby.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#34]
I got food poisoning on a trip once.
Now I pack zofran and phenergan (the ones you take the hard way) everywhere I go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top