Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2016 8:01:57 PM EDT
Colt is going to SonicRat. The dog is turn key ready so he gets his new dog Wednesday! I can't make the drive Weds. but have already lined up a volunteer driver to meet him halfway. Freedom ride pics to follow, I hope!

I have been contacted by a friend that has a friend that needs 2 dogs out of the house. He said he knew someone that could help. Me.
Anyway, it is a marital issue, NOT a problem with the dogs. These dogs are in Ohio.

Chloe is staying home! The family decided they could handle one dog. They know where to find me now if it doesn't work out.

Chloe is a 10 year old beagle. She is fixed UTD on everything and healthy. Great with kids and dogs. House broken. Chloe enjoys being outside in the sunshine and sleeping in on rainy days. Turn offs are trips to the vet and people whining about the election. Someone give this senior a good home.

Homed!!!
The first is Colt, a male 6-7 year old Chocolate lab. Neutered, UTD on everything and healthy. House broken. Great with kids and other dogs. Enjoys action movies, tennis balls and romantic dinners. Plenty of good years left in this boy!

Any questions about the dogs please ask, I will find out. Hopefully more pics soon.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like what he really needs is a woman out of the house.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Fluffy to the White Courtesy phone.  Fluffy to the White Courtesy phone.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fluffy to the White Courtesy phone.  Fluffy to the White Courtesy phone.
View Quote

Fluffy knows. I was chatting with him earlier today. But Fluffy can't do everything. He's just one out of 300,000 of us!
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a few more. I also left out Colt is 54#s and Chloe weighs in at 37#s.

Link Posted: 12/11/2016 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Ugh, it breaks my heart to see anybody turn their back on their best friends.  My spouse knows that if push came to shove that the dog and I would be very happy together if forced to make a choice.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ugh, it breaks my heart to see anybody turn their back on their best friends.  My spouse knows that if push came to shove that the dog and I would be very happy together if forced to make a choice.  
View Quote

Yeah, it's tough but in my position I try not to be judgmental. That doesn't help the dogs.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I am in for a delivery if needed . Also the owner may be getting rid of the wrong bitch . Is the lab a chewer ?
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am in for a delivery if needed . Also the owner may be getting rid of the wrong bitch . Is the lab a chewer ?
View Quote

I do have a dog I need to move to Florida this upcoming weekend. I hadn't started a transport thread yet since I just got the vetting scheduled today. Copper is going to Lake City, FL.

And I just checked. NO Colt is not a chewer.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's tough but in my position I try not to be judgmental. That doesn't help the dogs.
View Quote

Very true.  As an outsider looking in its easy to pass judgement.  Your right.  At the end of the day, it's all about the dogs.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:26:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Bump.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:27:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I can help with a transport leg through IL
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:56:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:24:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

I'll offer up as well, if either need transport in the northern part of the state, near the WI line.

You do good things, joker1!  
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Bump.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Are you separating them or trying to place them as a pair? I would love to take them both, but my property isn't very beagle friendly as it is not fenced in (yet). I'm also not sure I could sell the wife on a beagle, since the one she grew up with ran off on a near hourly basis. We've both grown up with labs and the wife's parents have two younger labs to play with. We'd just started looking for a dog over the past week or so. We're in lower Michigan by Lansing, so the drive or coordinating a pickup shouldn't be all that difficult to Ohio.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are you separating them or trying to place them as a pair? I would love to take them both, but my property isn't very beagle friendly as it is not fenced in (yet). I'm also not sure I could sell the wife on a beagle, since the one she grew up with ran off on a near hourly basis. We've both grown up with labs and the wife's parents have two younger labs to play with. We'd just started looking for a dog over the past week or so. We're in lower Michigan by Lansing, so the drive or coordinating a pickup shouldn't be all that difficult to Ohio.
View Quote

No, they don't have to go together.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#18]
The wife and I'll take the lab. He'll have the rule of the roost and about 2.5 acres to play on. I sure hate separating doggies, wish I could keep them together Whereabouts in Ohio are they at? Might be a bit tricky trying to coordinate a pickup, as there's a snow/ice storm coming this weekend and I'll be up north the following weekend for Christmas. I do have Wednesday of this week off, but I have to wait on a freight delivery before I'd be free.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The wife and I'll take the lab. He'll have the rule of the roost and about 2.5 acres to play on. I sure hate separating doggies, wish I could keep them together Whereabouts in Ohio are they at? Might be a bit tricky trying to coordinate a pickup, as there's a snow/ice storm coming this weekend and I'll be up north the following weekend for Christmas. I do have Wednesday of this week off, but I have to wait on a freight delivery before I'd be free.
View Quote

Lets talk by phone. I'll IM you my number.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

FYI The Beagle/mix, Chloe is mellow and not a runner.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Colt is going to SonicRat. The dog is turn key ready so he gets his new dog Wednesday! I can't make the drive Weds. but have already lined up a volunteer driver to meet him halfway. Freedom ride pics to follow, I hope!  
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I knew Colt would go fast, that's a fine looking dog!  My lab Gunther is the same age as him.

Bump for Chloe!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looking forward to picking him up Wednesday! Wife is already running around getting toys and a bed setup. Shocked at how everything came together so quickly!

Don't forget people, Chloe needs a home! Someone show a beagle some love!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#24]
New update! Chloe is going to stay in her home. The family decided they could handle one dog. They know where to find me now if they need me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Did Colt take his freedom ride today?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny you should ask. I came to post this:

SonicRaT had to finish work before he could set out and weather caused even more delay but the handoff has been made and Colt is in his new owners truck as I type. Such a looker!
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 2:34:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Freedom ride has been completed! Ran into horrible traffic, lots of snow, accidents, and spent about 5 hours longer in the car. Got in extremely late, so I'll document the journey in the morning! If he'd ever sit still, I could get a picture or two, but he's yet to stop moving and running around the house!
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#28]
The Freedom Run began around 3:30pm, which shortly turned into a whole lot of this:

Coupled with this:

Had a few moments close to this on the way down:

However, it was all smiles (and shivers... was f'ing cold!) when the exchange finally happened.

Unfortunately, this was the only picture I could snap of him on the ride home, as I was mostly preoccupied with trying to keep him out of the drivers seat -- apparently, he didn't like my driving and wanted to give it a shot.

Shortly after being back on the road, we encountered even more of this, meanwhile Colt finally managed to pass out in the back seat -- we dared not try to snap a pic, lest we wake him and he tried to takeover the car again!

Finally, we managed to make it in; although, somewhere along the way, my car was replaced with a giant salt block...

After sniffing around the house, running around the house, mowing down on a bowl of food, and what felt like hours of endless licking, he finally settled down long enough for a stealthy snapshot:

Stupidly, I forgot to silence my phone and he heard the camera -- which resulted in another hour or two of excitement, demonstrating his lap dog abilities and chasing after tennis ball. Never a dull moment with this guy around!
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Bless you all that helped.  Such a lucky boy Colt is...  Gonna be an AWESOME Christmas time for everyone.  Congratulations.

Please make sure to keep us posted including Colt's visit from Santa!
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#30]
 This thread makes my heart glad!
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Mzn, sorry your drive sucked so bad! Thank goodness for Blizzaks. Colt looks great. Hope he s3ettles soon.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#32]
How's Colt doing now?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top