Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2003 8:00:00 PM EDT
Why do some many women tailgate?

In my experience, most of the tailgaters are women.  It appears that they cannot anticipate the flow of traffic or concentrate on more than one moving object.

A few days ago, I was driving on a four lane highway....about 10:00am...very light traffic.  I'm in the 3rd lane and I see an SUV coming up behind me.  I'm going about 75 mph (speed limit is 65).  The lanes next to me are open but she insists on riding my bumper.  After about 30 seconds of tailgating, she decides to move over a lane and gives me a dirty look when she passes me!  Then she does the exact same thing to the next driver in front of her.....speed up.....ride the bumper of the car in front for about half a minute.....change lanes...repeat.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Why do some many women tailgate?

View Quote

They're stupid.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
A woman ridin some guys ass and you have to ask why?  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Penis envy?
[grenade]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Usually they are afraid to change lanes. They want to go fast but are afraid to pass. This happens alot on two lane highways, where on-coming trafic scares the bejesus out of them.

BTW 4 lane highway means two lanes in each direction. 8 lanes is 4 lanes in each direction. Helps with general understanding.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, it was a 4 lane freeway.  Doesn' that mean 4 lanes in each direction with limited access?

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
They are trying to read the date code on the tail light lens to see if the car is new enough to be safe to pass....
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ok, it was a 4 lane freeway.  Doesn' that mean 4 lanes in each direction with limited access?

View Quote
That would be an 8 lane freeway.  You take both directions into account.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup. Shit is annoying as all hell.
Usually a mama-minivan of some sort.
About as bad(or equal) to when women approach the Express way entrance ramp at 35 MPH with like Me and 10 cars behind Super Soccer Mom.  DANGEROUS!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#9]
...because women can't drive.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#10]
She was consentrating on what was on sale and
what store she wanteded go to first! And probably talking to her girlfriend on the
cell phone as to what color to buy.
Driving was the last thing on her agenda.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Some guy's always tryin' to get them in the ass so they're just gettin' some payback.

[sex]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Just stick it in her pooper, then post pics.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#13]
For the same reason that the young male morons enter traffic without adequate space, pass cars on curves, or again without adequate space and generally act like asses.
Each variant of the species has their own quirks and annoying habits.
Personally I hate the "left lane losers" the most. My thing is you ony cruise the left lane while passing, then get over to the right lane until you meet up with the next pokey driver, pass, then return. I get all twisted up when there is someone in the left lane, not getting out of the way, but cruising slower than I want to go.Can't do a darn thing about it, but it cranks me up all the same.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Just hit your brakes hard a couple of times, each time..hit them a little harder..

Tailgaters will back off.
Works everytime.

Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Woman driver,

No survivor.

Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#16]
If you try the break jam here in california you run the risk of  being shot at...lots of gang bangers with attitude...Women on the other hand...Well I think it's not a matter of not being able to concentrate on one thing it's they ARE thinking about too many subjects of little or no importantance (multitasking) and do not realize the gravity of their inattention the the most important task at hand...controlling their 4000# land missle and just how easily out of control the get at high speeds...just like an air missle.

Oh, and their stupid [;D]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I find it is usually men with the shitty driving skills, and a cell phone stuck up their ass.
When will *men* learn how to fricken drive, anyway?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#19]
FCK tailgaters.  BS like this usually makes me drop my speed down to the limit or slower.

Don't let these fuckos intimidate you into going faster.  You could get a speeding ticket.

The last fcko that tailgated me on a 2x2 highway gave me a middle finger.  There was a very clear lane that he didn't know about.

But, if you're in the fast/passing lane on a freeway then get the hell out of the way.  I dunno why it's so hard for these idiots to comprehend the basic notion of SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#20]
My grandma hates female drivers.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#21]
What pisses me off more then tailgaters is the dumbass that putts along at 55 in the left hand lane.  Then REFUSES to slide over a lane to the the Hemi go around.[:(!]  Did you know that you can get fined if you're passed on the right while driving on the Autobon(sp)?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#22]
The answer is obvious.

I've never met a woman yet that wouldn't get on your ass one way or another, eventually.

[idiot grin] [brick] [/idiot grin]

CJ
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#23]
women as a general rule (in my experiencs) when behind the wheel ...are paying attention to everything BUT the road.  phones, make-up..what have you.  if i'm being tailgated...one thing is certain ...we're both hauling ass..i dont drive slow!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Women aren't stupid, they just don't care.
My bumper already has a dent in it.  I hope one hits it so I can get a new one.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I knew I guy who purposely kept a bunch of pennies in his car specifically for this....he'd just start to flick them out the sunroof of his car.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
But, if you're in the fast/passing lane on a freeway then get the hell out of the way.  I dunno why it's so hard for these idiots to comprehend the basic notion of SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT!
View Quote

We have a winner.

Her look at you was one of, "Damn, your a man, I know you know better that to be in a left lane when going slower..."[;)]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#27]
i drive a tacoma w/ 33" tires, 3.5" lift and a westin longhorn rear bumper. i've been rear-ended four times. with the procedes from the last incident, i built two fn-fal's.

tailgaters don't bother me much. i thought of painting shark's teeth on my tailgate, but the insurance adjustors might find that suspicious.

btw, i thought this post was about partying before a game. i wanted to know WHERE!

Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A few days ago, I was driving on a four lane highway....about 10:00am...very light traffic.  I'm in the 3rd lane and I see an SUV coming up behind me.  I'm going about 75 mph (speed limit is 65).  The lanes next to me are open but she insists on riding my bumper.  After about 30 seconds of tailgating, she decides to move over a lane and gives me a dirty look when she passes me!  Then she does the exact same thing to the next driver in front of her.....speed up.....ride the bumper of the car in front for about half a minute.....change lanes...repeat.  
View Quote

Slower traffic should always remain in the right lanes. Are you counting the lanes left to right, like we do in America? The left lanes are for passing only. People tailgate becuase other drivers have poor lane discipline and basic highway etiquette.

As far as the people who suggest trowing pennies, rocks, nuts & bolts, ect out of their car when they are being tailgated. Tailgating is a traffic infraction punishable by a small fine. Throwing an object at a moving vehicle is a misdemeanor. Even if you were able to convince the judge that you were not throwing the penny [b]at[/b] the tailgating driver, you would still be guilty of littering a highway. Which carries a $100.00 fine and 8-hours of community service for first offence. The fines quickly go up to $1,000.00 for subsequent offenses.

Throwing anything at a moving vehicle is a good way to find yourself arrested for Vandalism, assault, littering, and a host of other crimes...

Brake-checking can get you anything from a citation for impeading traffic or unsafe stop. To arrested for Assault with a deadly weapon. Dont do it.

The best response to tailgaters is [b]Slower traffic yield right.[/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top