BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/3/2003 6:30:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Edit:

Originally, I said none, but after careful thought...

Anyone who can lay down and take up his own physical life has no need for a gun. He's the Only Begotten Son of God, the Redeemer, the Savior of the World, the Man, the Christ...my Lord, my Savior, my King!

However, I think that he would be very partial to something created in this life or the one hereafter by the one and only John Moses Browning...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL106/755827/2307472/28716781.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#3]

oh no....
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't Jesus the [i]son[/i] of God?

Fly Navy
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Blasphemy
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Isn't Jesus the [i]son[/i] of God?

Fly Navy
View Quote

Yes, He is. I was in a rush to be the first to post, and in my haste & brevity I was not clear. Sorry to both of you!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Jesus wouldn't carry a gun for the simple fact that his word was enough to accomplish anything he wanted it to. For crying out loud, he could raise someone from the dead by simply commanding them to come forth from the grave. He had total power over all the physical realm.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Anything he wanted?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Neither Nor. He's Jesus ,he doesn't believe in violence. Your question is just as ridiculous as the question . What would Jesus drive.
View Quote

Except when He was throwing the money changers et. al. out of the Temple...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Phased Plasma, 40 watt[devil][rail]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread has been done before, and it was just as STUPID back then.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#16]
From the standpoint of a believer who *doesnt* believe he was God, I'd say he'd carry a Garand or a .308 Galil. He was Jewish afterall, and the Garand freed the Jews in Europe, and the Galil is the coolest battle rifle they've come up with since. Handgun wise, hmmm, pretty hard to beat the 1911 for a good gun with a good-guy rep. Maybe a 1991A1 with nice polished Taurus "wonderfinish" (kind of a dark smoky chrome) and walnut grips. He's the Messiah right, I mean, think classy here...he isnt some extra from the Matrix.

Of course may be he'd do the cowboy thing and do the Colt Peacemaker and the Winchester '73. After all he WAS reported to have said "Blessed are the Peacemakers", which is a pretty ringing endorsement for a gun if I've ever heard one....

heh, Jesus in a cowboy hat and boots with spurrs. I like it. It realy fits.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[url]http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL106/755827/2307472/28716781.jpg[/url]
View Quote

[Mr. Burns]Excellent jrzy, excellent[Mr. Burns]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#19]
On a similar note, what kind of rifle/sidearm do you think Mighty Mouse would have carried?

Caesar?

Underdog?

Cleopatra?

Betty Boop?

Grog?  25,000 B.C.

[rolleyes]

How old are you anyway?

Quoted:
What kind of gun do you think jesus would have carried?

Rifle & sidearm.

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
On a similar note, what kind of rifle/sidearm do you think Mighty Mouse would have carried?

Caesar?
View Quote

A thompson and a nickel plated .38...he's Italian, he's "the boss"...what would you expect?

Underdog?
View Quote

Who?

Cleopatra?
View Quote

Hmmm, incestuous, from the southern region of the known world at the time, but of darker skinned heritage? Lets say a Sears pump 12-ga, and a .380 Raven.

Betty Boop?
View Quote

A show girl from the 20s? No long-arm, it wasnt fashionable, but I KNOW she had a nickle plated, pearl gripped Colt 1903 tucked into that garter of hers.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
i think jesus's first thought would have been to give you guys a sense of humor.

Some of you guys need to learn to laugh a little.  
View Quote

Amen!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#23]
wasn't cleopatra greek?  at least that's what the history channel told me  [:\]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#24]
[img]http://www.isayeret.com/sniping/gsr.gif[/img]

and

[img]http://www.magnumresearch.com/images/gun_new.jpg[/img]

Edited to note that I am a believer, but I also have a sense of humor.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I was thinking a Rem 870 with a mixed mag of Dragons Breath and non-leathal bean bag rounds.

Shotguns don't work on Demons, but it would have worked on the pigs.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i think jesus's first thought would have been to give you guys a sense of humor.

View Quote

Amen!
View Quote

Ditto.

Now what gun did they use in Heat again?
Really though, I would say a gold-engraved Barrett 99 - I think single shot would be his style.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#27]
He would have used a Smith and Wesson after he forgave them for thier sin!! [;D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#28]
The "Lightning Gun" out of Quake.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Jesus could do the lightning from the fingertips like Count Duku in Attack of the Clones AND he could do the bullet stop in mid air thing like Neo did in Matrix Reloaded.

Soooooooo, He don't need no gun or vest.

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I think jesus is more of a belt feed kind of guy.

so that leaves "the browning M2 50 cal"
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Neither Nor. He's Jesus ,he doesn't believe in violence. Your question is just as ridiculous as the question . What would Jesus drive.
View Quote

That's a bunch of shit! Jesus knew better than anyone the violence that man was capable of. He also believed in defending yourself. He used the same material items that the rest of man used. Clothing, food, tools, etc. Who's to say he wouldn't use a gun if they were around back then?  Maybe in the second coming, he'll be a gunsmith instead of a carpenter.

[img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#32]
He sure kicked ass old testament style when he caught the money lenders in his church. I believe he used a whip. Doesn't believe in violence INDEED!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#33]
M16 or MP3.

Jesus wants to have fun, too.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Luke 22
35: And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
36: Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
37: For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
38: And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.
47: And while he yet spake, behold a multitude, and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them, and drew near unto Jesus to kiss him.
48: But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss?
49: When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword?
50: And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.
51: And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

Jesus' deciples caried swords!  Jesus was OK with it and even told them that it was time to buy swords.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
M16 or MP3.

View Quote

Listening to pirated music while shooting an M16 [;D]

I think you mean MP5.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Caesar?[red] Benelli in 308 with a beretta 92f for side arm [/red]

Underdog?[red]ruger 10/22 and a smith bulldog [/red]

Cleopatra?[red]no long gun, but a derringer tucked in a garter [/red]

Betty Boop? [red]an M4 with a Bersa 380 sidearm tucked in a bra holster [/red]

Grog?  25,000 B.C.[red] 50 BMG and a Taurus raging Bull 454 Casull[/red]

[rolleyes]

How old are you anyway? [red]38[/red]

Quoted:
What kind of gun do you think jesus would have carried?

Rifle & sidearm. [red]Since he was a carpenter, he would like wood, so I say a full stock Sako Mannlicher in .308 cal and I agree with the peacemaker for sidearm[/red]

View Quote
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
wasn't cleopatra greek?  at least that's what the history channel told me  [:\]
View Quote

No, no, no...Cleopatra 'liked' Greek...[;D] so a T/C Encore breech loader would be her style...

...but, back to Jesus:

My Lord is a BAR kinda guy who'd pack a matching set of 1911's in a shoulder holster.
Yeah, that's what He'd do!  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:42:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
M16 or MP3.

View Quote

Listening to pirated music while shooting an M16 [;D]

I think you mean MP5.
View Quote

[wave]

Caught me at a weak moment....
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:28:10 AM EDT
[#39]
I think Jesus would have been cool with MP3s- music is like baseball or aviation, if you're doing it to get rich you're a dickhead. Music, poetry, good authors....the talent isnt yours, its on loan from the allmighty...to charge someone to share it...hell, some people on the radio aught to PAY ME to "experience" their music. But I digress

Anyone who takes God too seriously needs help...after all, He created US in his image. Obviously not physically as a true "superbeing" has no single image, but the whole duality thing, both good and evil, both logical and illogical, reverant and irreverant. Far too long have people tried to say God was only good, light, life, but my God, my creator is all thing....as such, his envoys to man, his prophets, must all share in man's flaws, and God's infinite duality, capable of terrible violence and peace beyond depth.

As such, of course Christ would choose to be armed. He was a fantastic tactician, and just because he was careful not to wage his war against the vulgarities of Rome by the sword, he would not have allowed his own life to be ended before his mission on Earth had been fufilled.

The same is true of all of us. When its our time, its our time, no matter how heavily armed we are, but we cannot allow anything short of devine will to cut our lives short, thats why no matter what man's government decrees, only God's law applies to us on such a matter.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:01:23 AM EDT
[#40]
M4 and .40 cal Glock 23.  Its what I carry and since my girlfriend always yells out "Oh God!" over and over when I am laying pipe with her, I figure I am the best judge of what God would carry.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That's a bunch of shit! Jesus knew better than anyone the violence that man was capable of. He also believed in defending yourself. He used the same material items that the rest of man used. Clothing, food, tools, etc. Who's to say he wouldn't use a gun if they were around back then?  [red]Maybe in the second coming, he'll be a gunsmith instead of a carpenter.[/red]
View Quote

Do I smell group buy on a JC-15 Carbine?  Think about it ... all the "evil" features could be blessed and cleansed of their evilness.  Surely such a holy rifle would be ok in Dianne Feinstein's eyes?

I think Jesus would use some hard hitting firepower.  Maybe a S&W 500 Magnum and a Barrett M82-A1.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 2:27:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Maby he would hipfire a minigun like Schwatzenager does. If he cant do it, no one can!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 2:37:41 AM EDT
[#43]
AR15...

Even Jesus can't afford Class 3 stuff anymore.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:13:17 AM EDT
[#44]
[lolabove]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:19:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Sheesh...
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:24:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I second that Amen, God made us in his own image and that inclues the ability to laugh and have fun.
Keep in mind to that God has watched over the rightous in battles & helped lead them to victory, and if God didn't intend for us to have guns & other weapons, he would not have revealed the talent to creators of those weapons. All that we are, all that we have, all that we create comes from God.
In reality, I doubt Jesus would have carried a gun of any kind, I think the Disciples would have carried the guns and Jesus would have been like body armor for them, I like to think that it is that way way now with our soldiers.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:03:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:32:57 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

"That's a bunch of shit! Jesus knew better than anyone the violence that man was capable of. He also believed in defending yourself. He used the same material items that the rest of man used. Clothing, food, tools, etc. Who's to say he wouldn't use a gun if they were around back then? Maybe in the second coming, he'll be a gunsmith instead of a carpenter."

I am a gunsmith, and I once had an employee throw a bunch of shit at me and state "You're nothing but a little fucker that thinks he's God!", so maybe I'm God!

I carry a Beretta 92FS.

Balming
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:38:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Jesus would have been packing two desert eagles.  In the .50 cal variety.  

I am surprised to guys didn't know this.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:51:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Obviously your talking about Jesus, the Mexican kid that died in a one car roll-over accident last Friday, south of Eltopia WA.  If I was a betting man, I would wager that Jesus, had he been a fighter instead of a lover, would have opted for a SKS and perhaps a nickle plated colt in caliber .38.  Am I right... or what?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top