Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2003 2:44:22 PM EDT
Looking at Fox news and noting that all the troubled spots in the world are located in the "ancient" countries.  In contrast here we are just 227 years after our DoI and we are prosperous, clean,and free.  Then we look at the ME debacle which has been around since the Old Testament, the African nations that have never seen any civilized existance.  

I think that war is just a condition that these people like to have.  They know nothing else.  It is perpetrated in teachings and doctrine from every generation then taught to the next.  If peace and prosperity was what they really wanted then they all could have had it by now by the bucket full.  

Now here we are getting into a guerrila war in Iraq.  As bad as it sounds this, IMO, is happening becasue we did not wage a total war.  We ousted a gov't and left an element of the enemy to flourish.  That element was rooted in the population.  I believe we should have leveled the place, demoralizing everyone.  Now we will go to Liberia and get mired in that shithole.  Waste the fucking place and start from scratch.  To much of PC bullshit in the world.  In WWII we wasted the Japanese, soldier and civilian alike.  The after they were totally annihlated we humiliated them further by making them surrender on one of our battleships in their harbor.  The psychological value of that was immense.  In contrast, now we say "don't worry folks, we want your boss not you."  Then we have these fuckers grenading us.  Sorry to sound like a warmonger but what a fucking waste of a good war.  These people we "liberated" didn't give 2 fucks about their gov'ts anti-american doctrine.  Yet we protected them.  Now they let their radical countrymen attack our forces and escape by absorbing the attackers into the crowded streets.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Had we had the weapons we have today during WW2 we wouldnt have nuked Japan. Leveling a country like Liberia would turn every country on the globe against us.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally when I watch those "gurilla" activities on FOX,I get pissed off at the Iraqi people.

I don't understand why they are not doing something about these people.

Why are they not ratting them out?

How bout alittle help with some vigillante justice.

How can they let these Saddam sympathizers keep hurting us,why don't they take it into their own hands to do whatever it takes too wipe these assholes out?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#3]
siennfien, since it is the UN that is preesuring us to send troops it is basically the whole world for arguments sake.  Besides,  a large portion of the world hates us anyway.  They tolorate us for the economic wealth and stability we bring to the world.

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Personally when I watch those "gurilla" activities on FOX,I get pissed off at the Iraqi people.
I don't understand why they are not doing something about these people.
Why are they not ratting them out?
How bout alittle help with some vigillante justice.
How can they let these Saddam sympathizers keep hurting us,why don't they take it into their own hands to do whatever it takes too wipe these assholes out?
View Quote

Could it be that we aren't really "liberating" them (unlike what the TV told us), and the Iraqis aren't too happy about what they've seen us doing so far?

Naaaaahh... ABCNNBCBSFOXnews, their talking heads, and 'expert' guests, et al would NEVER show us only what they want us to see, vs. what is really going on.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Ohh,I see all that lost love for Saddam.

So whats really going on?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I dunno if it's an issue of them being Saddam-fans, either. Because once again, the common refrain is, "oh it's pockets of Saddam supporters," but never, "oh, it's pockets of guerrila resistance because they see us as invaders."

From their point of view, they see that Saddam is gone, but he's just being replaced by some other form of tyranny. It's not just in the North, or Saddam supporting areas, or Sunni areas, it's all over the country, every day. It seems like we're losing a soldier over there almost everyday.

You're not going to get the so-called "truth" from abcnnbcbsfoxnews, the pentagon, the state dept., or from leftist sources, or from right wing sources. What you do have to do is study ALL of them and recognize them for what they are, and you'd (we'd) get a better idea of what's going on, and form your OWN TRUTH, based on your experienc and knowlege. You've got to read the propaganda from both sides, and realize, in some cases, a seemingly "neutral" source like MSNBC (which is owned by GE) is really a VERY biased source of information because of their motivation to sell the war as positive, which will sell more of their product, i.e., GE's engines for the military's F16s, Apaches, Battleships, M1 Abrams, etc.. Check it out here: [url]http://www.geae.com/engines/military/index.html[/url]

I'm not saying that MSNBC, is always lying, I'm just saying, question their presentation and interpretation of events. What facts are they omitting, promoting, or ignoring? Would their slant have a positive or negative result in the way we percieve the war(s) or Israel, etc.?

Of course, if you read the ALTERNATIVE NEWS SOURCES & foreign press, they will have their own biases, too, but you still have to read it, otherwise you'll probably be missing out on some information that would go a long way to explain why some of these recent events and areas seem so damn messed up. My $0.02.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top