Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/3/2003 2:02:42 PM EDT
Personally I think they have become quite a bit too PC and a bit excessive with the locked topics and banning of people. It seems a mod or two cant keep their finger off the Lock/Ban button. The mods should have their leash yanked a bit. Quite a few of the so called questionable topics seem to be a backlash against the mods. If they would just ease up a tad things could be alright. IMO this site is going down hill.

My .02
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you think your opinion has anything to do with the respones you get from your negative and often times insulting posts?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
IBTL.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, 1776, that's what makes horse races....differences of opinion.

I think they do a great job.  I like the rules here.  I think they serve a good purpose.  And seeing the stuff that gets locked, I have never, that's right, never, seen a lock that I thought was wrong.

If you don't like the rules, start your own site.

And, as someone recently said, don't let the url hit you in the back.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#6]
seems like some people just LIKE to get shoed in the nuts.  ask natalie maines, she knows all about it.  shoot yourself in the foot then reload and do it again.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Personally I think they have become quite a bit too PC...

IMO this site is going down hill.
View Quote

[b]1776

Sooooo... what name did you USED to post under?

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#9]
You registered last month, have 68 posts, and are giving opinions about the past two years?  Hmm... [?]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I have heard the same thing before. I have never had any problems but I not the kind of guy that tells people to "take a lap around my sack."(sometimes your just too much,Mark[:D]) One thing I did find strange was the removal of all racy female avatars,because people get in trouble at [red]WORK[/red] for viewing them. I guess I'm missing something with the [red]WORK[/red] thing. It is not my site to run and to tell you the truth I'm not sure I would want the job anyway,judging by some of the clowns you see pass thru here. There are a lot of sites you can go to for the pissing matches,let me know if you need directions,good luck in your travels.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#12]
To tell you the truth we have had an influx of new members,therefoir with the samne amount of Mods, they have more of a workload and are going to be locking more threads than before.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#13]
i think they do a hella good job..i mean there is sum controversy on here sumtimes and they do fine in monitoring. considering there are a gazillion ppl registered here.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[b]1776

Sooooo... what name did you USED to post under?
View Quote

Heheheheh. Good one.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I think most of you are missing the point. Its irrefutable that a few of the mods are a bit over zealous. I also don't think anyone has a "RIGHT" to post here. That being said the point I am trying to make is the questionable activity that has been going on that gets topics locked or menbers banned is a result of the "ATTITUDE" of a select few staff/mods.
I don't hate this place, just a bit disappointed is all. Things could EASILY be better with minimal effort.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
...i still miss the sexy avatars also.
View Quote

You're not the only one.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
ok let me ask again. Give some specifics. I am more than willing to discuss this and maybe we can actually make things better.

Give me some threads you objected to or banned members you think were wronged?

mike
View Quote

There are no specifics. Just the general feeling of the board compared to what is was a year or so ago and what it is now. We are all well aware of the recent rash of locked topics and such.

I am of the opinion that some of the mods seem to be a bit quick and heavy handed is all.
A bit of a power trip for lack of a better term. Its really not a big deal I was just wondering how some of the regular guys felt. Be honest is all. This is a good place but surly you cant think its perfect. Lets hear your gripes.

This is meant to help the site not tear it down.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#22]
RichardCranium
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Personally I think they have become quite a bit too PC and a bit excessive with the locked topics and banning of people. It seems a mod or two cant keep their finger off the Lock/Ban button. The mods should have their leash yanked a bit. Quite a few of the so called questionable topics seem to be a backlash against the mods. If they would just ease up a tad things could be alright. IMO this site is going down hill.

My .02
View Quote

I agree completely. Hopefully it will get better before it gets worse... (although, we'll probably both be banned before then)
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#24]
This is the best site on the net.

As for your $0.02

I think they feel out of the change bag when DeNiro was making his getaway in  HEAT.

IBTL
+1

ED
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
RichardCranium
View Quote

Huh...?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think most of you are missing the point. Its irrefutable that a few of the mods are a bit over zealous.
View Quote

I'm not sure I agree with this. There is a pretty clear set of guidelines in the code of conduct. When a thread is locked, in most cases it is pretty apparent why it was shut down. Just because you don't personally agree with the locking of a certain topic does necessitate that the mod that pulled the trigger is over zealous.

Is it possible that the mods that you think are over zealous might just be doing a better job of adhering to the code of conduct, and that your problem isn't really with them, but with the rules in general?  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
...I am trying to make is the questionable activity that has been going on that gets topics locked or [red]menbers[/red] banned is a result of the "ATTITUDE" of a select few staff/mods....
View Quote

WTF is a menber?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#29]
They're doing a fine job.

Now listen Rookie...go sit on the bench for a while and spend some time watching some pros at work.  Maybe you'll LEARN a bit about your fellow man...like NO WHINING!

We are a small society made up of a several hundred members with generally common interests.  In any society, certain rules are necessary to ensure the continued, well ordered existance of that society.  Spend a minute or two reading some of the Code of Hammurabi or ancient Roman Law and you'll see what I mean.  Since there are among us those who would destroy for the mere amusement of doing so, we need those nasty rules or we get anarchy.  Believe it or not, I don't agree with all of the [rather anal] rules we live under here...but then I've seen what happens with certain of our bomb-thrower members decide to rant off and do evil on this web site.

The Avilas and the mods do a good job overall.  If you don't like it here...other neat sites are just a mouse click away!  [;D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I dont think the mods are on a power trip. They obviously have to enforce the rules. Maybe you should focus the post on the rules and not the people that have agreed to make sure we follow them.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Now listen Rookie...go sit on the bench for a while and spend some time watching some pros at work.  Maybe you'll LEARN a bit about your fellow man...like NO WHINING!
View Quote

Your pathetic!! Do you even READ before you post?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Things could EASILY be better with minimal effort.
View Quote

I didn't bother reading all the posts in this garbage thread, but I will say this:

Nobody is stopping you from getting a server and hosting your own perfect little web site :)
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I dont think the mods are on a power trip. They obviously have to enforce the rules. Maybe you should focus the post on the rules and not the people that have agreed to make sure we follow them.
View Quote

Exactly.

I've been here for about four years including the old board.  I can't remember a stretch of more than three months when someone wasn't complaining about the mods.  This place isn't going down hill, it is exactly the same as it ever was.  We go through cycles, but that is normal.  Though there have been a few lockings I've thought questionable, I think the mods do a pretty good job for the most parts.  Like anything in life: you take the good and dismiss the bad.  If the bad outweighs the good, move on.  Life goes a lot easier that way. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah that EdSr guy really chaps my hide...
He let me come to HIS site and hang out...
The whole time learning about a great weapon and meeting some nice guys.
The kicker and the straw that broke the camels back is that it was all offered for...
FREE..........
That darn EdSr guy...
He makes me wanna buy a membership or something.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Did I say something bad?[;)]
edited to add:
Whatsamatter 1776? Your boss at Micky Dee's yell at you or sumpin?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
RichardCranium
View Quote

Huh...?
View Quote

Richard=Dick
Cranium=Head
View Quote

I was responding. Click my "User Info"...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#40]
... They are the best, they [b]ROCK[/b]!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#41]
[b]This is a good place but surly you cant think its perfect. Lets hear your gripes.[/b]

They may be surly but they are nearly perfect otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#42]
and what about the staff?   have to watch that beekeepeer guy, he is  merciless. he almost had to yell at me once

seriuously, the mods and staff have a shithouse full of duties and responsibilities. they are human ( i hear) and have to do all of them in their free time. doens't leave much time for them to do their own thing. eat dinner with wives/ loved ones,  spend time with friends, family, girlfriends, or both. i have met tbk1's wife and if  i where married to her, last thing i would be doing is hanging on a puter  after work into the middle of the night babysitting whinning middle aged computer comando's

no matter what every day, even if they don't want to go online they have a responsibility  of checking this site. reading every post, answering im's and e mails from members.
 seems to me  it would be a major pain in the ass. and no one wants to cut them some slack....  seems to me they are fair and  will give everyone a chance to justify themselves.
when they lock a thread or trash it, its to give them breathing room to consider what action should be taken.

just my  opinion, what the hell do i know, just a biker dude with a blue hand that has learned a lot abbout a lot of things  since comming here.  and i appreciate the site,

and i want to say thanks  to the mods and staff and ed and gb for putting up with all the bs.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#43]
frankly, i suck.

i've locked 2, maybe 3 threads and even had the unmitigated gall to ask guys to edit their own posts.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think overall they have done an outstanding job of enforcing the rules set by the private owner of this board, and have to deal with a lot of needless crap.
I am honored to be [red]allowed[/red] to post here, as I sure as heck dont have a [red]right[/red] to. I think too many forget that. This is not a govt owned place. You have no rights here, other than those given by the owner. No different than if you were physically in his house. He doesnt HAVE to let you be here. He
can make whatever rules he wants. You either abide by them, or exercise your right to go somewhere else with rules more to your liking.
No one forces anyone else to be here.
View Quote

Well put.Ditto for me.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Every single one of them is a "RED DIAPER DOPER BABY!"

theBEEKEEPER excluded!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#47]
IMNSHO:

They are like a good boss at work....unless something is wrong, they don't screw with it.

No micromanaging here, that's why I like AR15.com so much. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#48]
As for the avatar rule i really think that had more to do with goatboy's employer than anything else. From what i understand he was allowed to work on the site from work but his boss was nervous about the girlie pics on the company systems.
View Quote
Well that makes sense, stupid me was thinking it was just members siting around at work surf'n the web... Cnatra,I sure miss you.[;)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#49]
who is this lil twerp anyway?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
RichardCranium
View Quote

BWAHAHAHA!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top